Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-08, 01:39 PM   #61
Stephen Warren
Moderator
 
Stephen Warren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexbier View Post
ok i hope i understand u correctly .....
...
compiles, no error output on terminal.

i hope that was that what i should do ....
Yes, that was it. It's odd that it didn't fail. In configure.log right after the part you looked at, there should be a line like:

Result: yes

Is the result yes or no for you?


By the way (this probably doesn't make a difference but) you don't need to run the cc command (or any compile command) under sudo. Can you double check that you get the same result without using sudo. Finally, can you run this after the compile command:

echo $?

This should say whether the compile succeeded.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 01:47 PM   #62
sl1pkn07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spanishtan
Posts: 103
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Code:
sl1pkn07@SpinFlo:~/aplicaciones/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ ./mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau Grey.ts
MPlayer dev-SVN-r27408-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team                                                         
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-60 Dual Core Processor (Family: 15, Model: 35, Stepping: 2)                           
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1                                                     
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2                                           
127 audio & 261 video codecs                                                                                    
mplayer: could not connect to socket                                                                            
mplayer: Connection refused                                                                                     
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.                                   

Playing Grey.ts.
TS file format detected.
VIDEO H264(pid=255) AUDIO A52(pid=259) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 1000
FPS seems to be: 25.000000
==========================================================================
Forced video codec: ffh264vdpau
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
[VD_FFMPEG] VDPAU accelerated codec.
Selected video codec: [ffh264vdpau] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264 (VDPAU))
==========================================================================
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52
Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
Using MMX optimized resampler
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 448.0 kbit/29.17% (ratio: 56000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [a52] afm: liba52 (AC3-liba52)
==========================================================================
[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Invalid argument
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
[VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=0.
VDec: vo config request - 1920 x 1088 (preferred colorspace: H.264 MAIN VDPAU acceleration)
VDec: using H.264 MAIN VDPAU acceleration as output csp (no 1)
Movie-Aspect is 1.76:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 1920x1088 => 1920x1088 H.264 MAIN VDPAU acceleration
[ASPECT] Warning: No suitable new res found!
[ASPECT] Warning: No suitable new res found!
[ASPECT] Warning: No suitable new res found!
[ASPECT] Warning: No suitable new res found!
Error at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:179
is for i have 7xxx series?

thanks
sl1pkn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 02:31 PM   #63
bexbier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
Yes, that was it. It's odd that it didn't fail. In configure.log right after the part you looked at, there should be a line like:

Result: yes

Is the result yes or no for you?


By the way (this probably doesn't make a difference but) you don't need to run the cc command (or any compile command) under sudo. Can you double check that you get the same result without using sudo. Finally, can you run this after the compile command:

echo $?

This should say whether the compile succeeded.

ok .... the logfile said :
Code:
============ Checking for VDPAU ============

#include <vdpau/vdpau_x11.h>
int main(void) {
  (void)vdp_device_create_x11(0, 0, 0, 0);
  return 0; }

cc -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include/directfb     -lncurses  -ldirectfb  -lXext -lX11 -lpthread  -o /tmp/mplayer-conf--16505 /tmp/mplayer-conf--16505.c -lvdpau


Result is: yes 
run compiler without sudo:

Code:
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ cc -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include/directfb     -lncurses  -ldirectfb  -lXext -lX11 -lpthread  -o autodetect autodetect.c -lvdpau
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file autodetect: Permission denied
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ echo $?
127
its clear, i compiled in "/usr/local/src", so root is the owner of this direction.

run compiler with sudo :

Code:
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ sudo cc -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include/directfb     -lncurses  -ldirectfb  -lXext -lX11 -lpthread  -o autodetect autodetect.c -lvdpau
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ echo $?
0
regards

bex
bexbier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 02:37 PM   #64
jcornwall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 120
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
Code:
Error at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:179
is for i have 7xxx series?
That is the error you will get running on unsupported hardware, yes. 7xxx cards aren't supported.
jcornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 02:51 PM   #65
Stephen Warren
Moderator
 
Stephen Warren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

bexbier, tx2rx,

When you got this error:

Code:
coder.o loader/dmo/buffer.o loader/dmo/dmo.o loader/dmo/dmo_guids.o libmpcodecs/vd_xanim.o stream/ai_oss.o libmpeg2/idct_mmx.o libmpeg2/motion_comp_mmx.o mp3lib/decode_i586.o mp3lib/decode_mmx.o mp3lib/dct64_sse.o mp3lib/dct64_mmx.o libswscale/libswscale.a libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a  -Wl,-z,noexecstack    -lz -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic  -lm   
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o): In function `avcodec_register_all':
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x25d): undefined reference to `h264_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x64d): undefined reference to `vc1_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x701): undefined reference to `wmv3_vdpau_decoder'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Fehler 1
Did you run the MPlayer patch script *before* installing the 180.06 driver?

MPlayer with VDPAU patches requires the NVIDIA driver to be installed before configure/make is run. I *suspect* that what happened is: You both attempted to build MPlayer before installing the NVIDIA driver, so the VDPAU auto-detection failed, and hence the build failed with the errors above(1). However, later you installed the NVIDIA driver, and/or added the flag to force VDPAU to be enabled, and everything worked. If this is the case, you should now be able to re-run configure without the force flag, and rebuild MPlayer, and it should all just work now.

(1) Those errors (which occur when MPlayer is patched to support VDPAU, configure attempted to autodetect VDPAU, but failed) are now fixed in our code-base, and will be included whenever a new MPlayer patch is released.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 03:01 PM   #66
bexbier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 19
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
bexbier, tx2rx,

When you got this error:

Code:
coder.o loader/dmo/buffer.o loader/dmo/dmo.o loader/dmo/dmo_guids.o libmpcodecs/vd_xanim.o stream/ai_oss.o libmpeg2/idct_mmx.o libmpeg2/motion_comp_mmx.o mp3lib/decode_i586.o mp3lib/decode_mmx.o mp3lib/dct64_sse.o mp3lib/dct64_mmx.o libswscale/libswscale.a libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a  -Wl,-z,noexecstack    -lz -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic  -lm   
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o): In function `avcodec_register_all':
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x25d): undefined reference to `h264_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x64d): undefined reference to `vc1_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x701): undefined reference to `wmv3_vdpau_decoder'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Fehler 1
Did you run the MPlayer patch script *before* installing the 180.06 driver?

MPlayer with VDPAU patches requires the NVIDIA driver to be installed before configure/make is run. I *suspect* that what happened is: You both attempted to build MPlayer before installing the NVIDIA driver, so the VDPAU auto-detection failed, and hence the build failed with the errors above(1). However, later you installed the NVIDIA driver, and/or added the flag to force VDPAU to be enabled, and everything worked. If this is the case, you should now be able to re-run configure without the force flag, and rebuild MPlayer, and it should all just work now.

(1) Those errors (which occur when MPlayer is patched to support VDPAU, configure attempted to autodetect VDPAU, but failed) are now fixed in our code-base, and will be included whenever a new MPlayer patch is released.
no ....for me ..... i installed first the driver, then run the "checkout-patch-build.sh" script

regards

bex

P.S.: it would be great if we can run the driverinstaller direct from the desktop without stopping the x-server ..... but it is just a wish, so it makes it easier for new linux users
bexbier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 03:04 PM   #67
Watto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 43
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

I am also getting the Error at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:826 when trying to play a h264 video.
How do we tell what "level" the h264 video is? Is Bluray and HDDVD video above the supported "level"?
My video card is the GeForce 260 and here is my mplayer output just in case anyone is interested:
Quote:
MPlayer dev-SVN-r27408-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (Family: 6, Model: 23, Stepping: 10)
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing MyFile.mkv.
[mkv] Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC) "528p", -vid 0
[mkv] Track ID 2: audio (A_AC3) "5.1", -aid 0, -alang eng
[mkv] Will play video track 1.
Matroska file format detected.
VIDEO: [avc1] 1280x528 24bpp 23.976 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
================================================== ========================
Forced video codec: ffh264vdpau
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
[VD_FFMPEG] VDPAU accelerated codec.
Selected video codec: [ffh264vdpau] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264 (VDPAU))
================================================== ========================
================================================== ========================
Forced audio codec: mad
Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52
Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
Using MMX optimized resampler
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 640.0 kbit/41.67% (ratio: 80000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [a52] afm: liba52 (AC3-liba52)
================================================== ========================
AO: [pulse] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
[VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=0.
VDec: vo config request - 1280 x 528 (preferred colorspace: H.264 HIGH VDPAU acceleration)
VDec: using H.264 HIGH VDPAU acceleration as output csp (no 2)
Movie-Aspect is 2.42:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 1280x528 => 1280x528 H.264 HIGH VDPAU acceleration
Error at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:826
Watto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 03:14 PM   #68
anonobomber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
Interestingly, after it crashed, it screws up my bash session ; carriage returns do not work anymore and I need to restart a terminal.
Just type 'reset' and it will reset your terminal. No need to open and close it
anonobomber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-08, 03:32 PM   #69
tx2rx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
bexbier, tx2rx,

When you got this error:

Code:
coder.o loader/dmo/buffer.o loader/dmo/dmo.o loader/dmo/dmo_guids.o libmpcodecs/vd_xanim.o stream/ai_oss.o libmpeg2/idct_mmx.o libmpeg2/motion_comp_mmx.o mp3lib/decode_i586.o mp3lib/decode_mmx.o mp3lib/dct64_sse.o mp3lib/dct64_mmx.o libswscale/libswscale.a libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a  -Wl,-z,noexecstack    -lz -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic  -lm   
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o): In function `avcodec_register_all':
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x25d): undefined reference to `h264_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x64d): undefined reference to `vc1_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x701): undefined reference to `wmv3_vdpau_decoder'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Fehler 1
Did you run the MPlayer patch script *before* installing the 180.06 driver?

MPlayer with VDPAU patches requires the NVIDIA driver to be installed before configure/make is run. I *suspect* that what happened is: You both attempted to build MPlayer before installing the NVIDIA driver, so the VDPAU auto-detection failed, and hence the build failed with the errors above(1). However, later you installed the NVIDIA driver, and/or added the flag to force VDPAU to be enabled, and everything worked. If this is the case, you should now be able to re-run configure without the force flag, and rebuild MPlayer, and it should all just work now.

(1) Those errors (which occur when MPlayer is patched to support VDPAU, configure attempted to autodetect VDPAU, but failed) are now fixed in our code-base, and will be included whenever a new MPlayer patch is released.
I think you put your finger on it, at the time I had installed the 180.06 driver/GLX but was still running the old kernel mod and the old instance of of xorg (was to lazy to restart X ;-)). Just ran a compile with just configure and it's detecting it fine now (using rev27725 which is the latest in the Gentoo unstable tree).

Has anyone got it playing H264 from MKV containers/files yet?
tx2rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 03:41 PM   #70
theuni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 27
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

No such luck here. I suspect that the mkv container is the reason for those (including myself) who are crashing on line 826.

Stephen: Able to shed any light here?

Edit: I just converted a mkv to avi using menconder:

Code:
mencoder /tmp/movie.mkv -nosound -ovc copy -o /tmp/test.avi
When played with vdpau, same thing happens... crash at 826. So I guess it's not container related?


TheUni
theuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 03:50 PM   #71
Stephen Warren
Moderator
 
Stephen Warren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuni View Post
No such luck here. I suspect that the mkv container is the reason for those (including myself) who are crashing on line 826.

Stephen: Able to shed any light here?
In theory, the container should make no difference; the same data should be passed to the H.264 decoder portion of MPlayer. However, our testing has been primarily with elementary streams, so there could be issues.

Equally, some H.264 streams will simply not work at present, due to issues in the driver. We are naturally attempting to track down and fix all of these in some future driver release.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-08, 03:56 PM   #72
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation
 
AaronP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,487
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

I've definitely seen problems with containers. Try
Code:
mkvextract tracks foo.mkv 1:video.264
Where "1" is the track number of the video track.
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xorg locks-up with newest nvidia drivers w/ vdpau. theroot NVIDIA Linux 1 06-24-12 11:04 AM
NVIDIA VDPAU Reference Benchmarks News Archived News Items 0 06-11-12 05:30 AM
VDPAU and KDE 4.8 compositing = slow Pie-rate NVIDIA Linux 30 05-23-12 07:07 AM
VDPAU testing tool crisalide NVIDIA Linux 392 04-29-12 06:01 PM
mplayer & xmms problems! replys2me NVIDIA Linux 5 09-06-02 02:34 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.