Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-18-08, 01:25 PM   #13
Phillychuck

Default Re: do you HATE WoW ?

I'm addicted to WoW, but I've quit and got addicted to some other form of PC time wasting experience. WoW is just cheaper, $15 a month is cheap entertainment. Every time I quit (like back in aug/sep) I ended up spending $50 each on : Age of Conan, Warhammer, and Spore. I'm back to WoW and don't play the others, thats $120 extra I could have saved.

WoW has much more casual content then before, instances are very quick in the new expansion. In fact, I think they are going to scare away the grind addicts.

I agree these games (starting with MUDs for me) can ruin your life, but thats a personality thing. I'd probably be shacked up with some crack ho running to buy drugs an stealing peoples XBOX's for money if I wasn't running Karazan.
Old 11-18-08, 01:43 PM   #14
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillychuck View Post
I'm addicted to WoW, but I've quit and got addicted to some other form of PC time wasting experience. WoW is just cheaper, $15 a month is cheap entertainment. Every time I quit (like back in aug/sep) I ended up spending $50 each on : Age of Conan, Warhammer, and Spore. I'm back to WoW and don't play the others, thats $120 extra I could have saved.

WoW has much more casual content then before, instances are very quick in the new expansion. In fact, I think they are going to scare away the grind addicts.

I agree these games (starting with MUDs for me) can ruin your life, but thats a personality thing. I'd probably be shacked up with some crack ho running to buy drugs an stealing peoples XBOX's for money if I wasn't running Karazan.
Amen brother. I've blown money on Tabula Rasa, AoC, Warhammer, EQ2, and LOTRO. LOTRO would actually be worth it if I didn't care about PvP. WAR would be worth it if I didn't care about anything but PvP. TR, AOC, and EQ2 are just junk.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 01:45 PM   #15
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Amen brother. I've blown money on Tabula Rasa, AoC, Warhammer, EQ2, and LOTRO. LOTRO would actually be worth it if I didn't care about PvP. WAR would be worth it if I didn't care about anything but PvP. TR, AOC, and EQ2 are just junk.
QFT, take Tabula Rasa and EQ2 out and that sums up my view perfectly.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote