Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-18-08, 02:28 PM   #49
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Wait till a DK gets the same level gear as you. My 64 DK dueled a drood and I ate him up. Oh let me corrupt your heals for you while my worms heal me. What? What's that, you want to run away? DEATH GRIP YOUR WUSSY ARSS! Get OVER HERE and take your beating.

DKs are so over powered it isn't even funny. I actually felt bad for that drood. I came out with almost full heals and with full runes charged. LOL! and I do mean LOL!
I am not sure how much of that remains true with equal gear footing and level cap... but who knows. DK's leave their zone with t3 equivalent gear and all other classes have old world greens which blow hard core, and maybe a scattering of outland quest rewards.

Not saying that DK's are not a strong class, but I hear they start to level off after awhile.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 02:56 PM   #50
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
I am not sure how much of that remains true with equal gear footing and level cap... but who knows. DK's leave their zone with t3 equivalent gear and all other classes have old world greens which blow hard core, and maybe a scattering of outland quest rewards.

Not saying that DK's are not a strong class, but I hear they start to level off after awhile.
Yeah the gear is great up till 64. Still the class is over powered and fun as hell.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 03:40 PM   #51
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

a friend of mine got his DK to 70 in 2 days to catch up to us in northerend, he kept all the blue DK gear u get from the starting quests, he only replaced the weapon.
Old 11-18-08, 03:40 PM   #52
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21 View Post
a friend of mine got his DK to 70 in 2 days to catch up to us in northerend, he kept all the blue DK gear u get from the starting quests, he only replaced the weapon.
Im keeping the gear cuz it looks cool
Old 11-18-08, 06:55 PM   #53
firehawk

first space goat pally on my realm to hit 80...i feel so special

i had to log out from all the goofs saying congrats to me for 20 mins.

let the rep grinding begin!.....again.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 08:19 PM   #54
sammy sung

Quote:
Im keeping the gear cuz it looks cool
Ditto,it looks awesome,looks better than many level 70 sets
Old 11-19-08, 12:57 AM   #55
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
A few reasons why that probably won't work:

1) I can just step back and LOS them and heal. They don't have this luxury most of the time.
2) I am level 78, most of them in these areas are 72 at best.
3) My PVP gear is season 4. It's not even possible to get better gear than that without at least being level 80 and hitting heroics. 90% of everything I run into I'll clobber uncontested.
No offense bro, but driuds are screwed in this XPac. I'm a frost mage, and ever since 3.02 hit I don't think I've ever lost to a druid other than when I get ganked with < 20% of my health.

It might be easy right now since you're ganking 72's, but once everyone hits 80 you're screwed bro. An 80 arcane mage could literally 3 shot you. PoM+AP+Pyro + Arcane Barrage + Fireblast + Arcane Barrage. That takes all of 4.5 seconds, and they're all insta casts. With lvl 80 PvP or Raid gear that's 20k worth of damage that you have no way of stopping.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 02:15 AM   #56
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
No offense bro, but driuds are screwed in this XPac. I'm a frost mage, and ever since 3.02 hit I don't think I've ever lost to a druid other than when I get ganked with < 20% of my health.

It might be easy right now since you're ganking 72's, but once everyone hits 80 you're screwed bro. An 80 arcane mage could literally 3 shot you. PoM+AP+Pyro + Arcane Barrage + Fireblast + Arcane Barrage. That takes all of 4.5 seconds, and they're all insta casts. With lvl 80 PvP or Raid gear that's 20k worth of damage that you have no way of stopping.
I hate arcane mages,playing some bg's with my newly dinged 70 retri-pala alt that doesnt have much in gear yet,just the Crusader's Scaled Battlegear set with some epic items like the red belt of battle and merciless boots but not much in the way of resiliance ,perhaps 170 or so.They are completely hopeless with 3500 + crits killing me before i can say bubble.I didnt see mages on top of the damage boards before the patch/expansion but last night a mage on our side dealt 350 000 damage in a arathi basin loss,sure he was lv 77 but the #2 damage dealer was lv73 mage for the alliance side.

Seeing more and more of this,as you said you cant stop it,atleast not me because i cant get close enough for judgements/stuns/melee before they kill me.

Old 11-19-08, 06:46 AM   #57
jolle

Havent played in ages, but I´m seeing some nice changes for Rogues.
Mutilate doesnt require you to be behind the target anymore, makes it more useful for soloplay.
Some new talents that seem nice.
Blind no longer uses reagents.
You can buy poisons directly instead of bying a tons of reagents and making them.

Im told they´re making dagger builds viable again, which is awesome, I refused to go combat swords/maces, I like mutilate..

On a side note, Im home sick to day, thought I would play a bit, only lvl71 sofar.
First they said maintenance to 11.00, then they said til 13.00.. now it sais 15.00.. and I got a feeling that wont happen either.
Seems they have some issues on the EU servers today.
Old 11-19-08, 11:47 AM   #58
Rakeesh

Quote:
Wait till a DK gets the same level gear as you. My 64 DK dueled a drood and I ate him up. Oh let me corrupt your heals for you while my worms heal me. What? What's that, you want to run away? DEATH GRIP YOUR WUSSY ARSS! Get OVER HERE and take your beating.
I'm feral spec. I don't heal. I hit you when you least expect it, and you have no chance of seeing me until I hit you. Pounce > mangle > shred > tiger's fury > berserk > shred > shred > shred > shred. This happens in about 8 seconds and does upwards of 30k damage. More if omen of clarity procs. Even more if more than 30% of them crit. (Each shred will crit for 4k on plate btw, 5k on cloth.)

Or if I am feeling generous I can just play with you for a while. Pounce (4 second stun) maim (6 second incapacitate) bash (5 second stun) cyclone (6 second banish) pounce (4 sec) maim (6 sec.) None of these abilities share diminishing returns.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 11:50 AM   #59
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post

Hmm I dunno. Even at 70 before xpac came out, I was still ganking arcane mages. They do a lot of damage but they aren't unkillable. In fact I have killed a few in 3 seconds. And I have many ways of stopping the damage they deal too.

But actually at level 80 the amount of HP you have increases massively, and the damage doesn't. So either way, what you are saying wouldn't apply. (I heard a figure of roughly 200% more HP but 30% more damage when everybody is fully geared.)

I can personally attest to this somewhat. At level 70 I had about 11k hp unbuffed in caster form. At 80 its now 16k. And this is with level 70 season 4 gear. Imagine what level 80 gear will do, which has a ton more stamina relative to other stats than level 70 gear does.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 12:16 PM   #60
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
I'm feral spec. I don't heal. I hit you when you least expect it, and you have no chance of seeing me until I hit you. Pounce > mangle > shred > tiger's fury > berserk > shred > shred > shred > shred. This happens in about 8 seconds and does upwards of 30k damage. More if omen of clarity procs. Even more if more than 30% of them crit. (Each shred will crit for 4k on plate btw, 5k on cloth.)

Or if I am feeling generous I can just play with you for a while. Pounce (4 second stun) maim (6 second incapacitate) bash (5 second stun) cyclone (6 second banish) pounce (4 sec) maim (6 sec.) None of these abilities share diminishing returns.

That's fine, i'll still demolish you.