Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-20-08, 11:59 AM   #73
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

Aint warriors just awesome now Capt? I love playing mine Prot now.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 12:35 PM   #74
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Aint warriors just awesome now Capt? I love playing mine Prot now.
Oh warriors are just silly. I'm not sure if they are actually over powered but damn they are very close to being OP. I like my DK a lot but there is nothing better than SMASHING SOMEONE'S FACE IN WITH MY AXE. Warriors SMASH!

Warriors have always been the best balanced class in the game. They did have problems early on with rage but they fixed that and they have been a consistent and strong class sine then. Other classes have gotten OP and nerfed but warriors were well handled by Blizzard.

My first toon was a warrior tank. Played him for 2 years before I quit the game. After I came back I played a shadow priest for almost 2 years. Now my old warrior is my favorite again.

We had a BE rogue try to gank us while doing the Last Rites quest. I blade stormed his arss to death. It was silly how quickly I took him down. When he ran back he rezzed, saluted me and I let him go out of respect because he rezzed right in front of me. That takes balls and shows sportsmanship.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 12:47 PM   #75
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Oh warriors are just silly. I'm not sure if they are actually over powered but damn they are very close to being OP. I like my DK a lot but there is nothing better than SMASHING SOMEONE'S FACE IN WITH MY AXE. Warriors SMASH!

Warriors have always been the best balanced class in the game. They did have problems early on with rage but they fixed that and they have been a consistent and strong class sine then. Other classes have gotten OP and nerfed but warriors were well handled by Blizzard.
I wouldn't say that. Warriors have always been one of the top, if not the top classes in arena. During season 3 they were top, 4 they were second only to rogues, druids (the class everybody seems to complain the most about) being third the whole time. Oddly enough you never hear anybody cry to nerf warriors.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 01:00 PM   #76
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
I wouldn't say that. Warriors have always been one of the top, if not the top classes in arena. During season 3 they were top, 4 they were second only to rogues, druids (the class everybody seems to complain the most about) being third the whole time. Oddly enough you never hear anybody cry to nerf warriors.
The reason why is warriors only get good when they have top gear. They more than any other class are gear dependent.
Old 11-20-08, 01:18 PM   #77
Rakeesh

Quote:
The reason why is warriors only get good when they have top gear. They more than any other class are gear dependent.
I've actually been able to carry warriors to 1800 ratings pretty easy even if they have sh*tty gear. All they really need to do is use mortal strike, sword and board when I tell them to, and I can make our team easily outlast most other teams.

Just to put that into perspective, blizzard designed the arena ladder so that only 30% of all players can make it above 1600 ratings in the typical battlegroup.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 11-20-08, 01:29 PM   #78
CaptnStubing

Quote:
I've actually been able to carry warriors to 1800 ratings pretty easy even if they have sh*tty gear. All they really need to do is use mortal strike, sword and board when I tell them to, and I can make our team easily outlast most other teams.

Just to put that into perspective, blizzard designed the arena ladder so that only 30% of all players can make it above 1600 ratings in the typical battlegroup.
Well yeah, they have a drood wff them.
Old 11-20-08, 05:47 PM   #79
Rakeesh

Quote:
Well yeah, they have a drood wff them.
If you think about it though, during season 1-4, what healer would never even consider bringing a shaman, hunter, mage, priest, or paladin to a 2v2? With rare exceptions, you just don't bring these. However they'd definitely bring along a warrior, rogue, or warlock. Warriors were definitely top pick for any resto druid, holy paladin, or resto shaman. Rogues were top for holy priests.

Old 11-20-08, 06:00 PM   #80
CaptnStubing

Quote:
If you think about it though, during season 1-4, what healer would never even consider bringing a shaman, hunter, mage, priest, or paladin to a 2v2? With rare exceptions, you just don't bring these. However they'd definitely bring along a warrior, rogue, or warlock. Warriors were definitely top pick for any resto druid, holy paladin, or resto shaman. Rogues were top for holy priests.
Oh I have only been in about 4 arena fights. I hate arenas with a passion. I like the free and open world PVP and BGs. Arenas are too much about competition. I'm all about killing. If I could kill my own faction I would.

Old 11-20-08, 06:02 PM   #81
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
& BC was better than the original ><. They always improve everything.

Any improvements to the graphics tho?
I do hope that was sarcasm, TBC ruined WOW for me. It has a terrible atmosphere compared to the original game and the game has more elitist wankers in it now then when I first left.
Old 11-20-08, 06:18 PM   #82
Zelda_fan

Quote:
No, it's accurate. This, along with the fact that it doesn't include a hard root, is why I don't use that for pvp. I always use bear charge. Besides, even if I did use cat charge, I can always go bear and take advantage of the fact that it will never be a cd longer than 15 sec.

And I'll break both of them. Hell you could put me in a third, fourth, or even fifth one and I'll break them too But to be honest I really won't need that many.

Actually no. The changes to cat form make your energy static now. Your energy always charges regardless whether you are in cat form or not, and the furor talent determines how much of your energy you keep (up to 100, which all ferals will have.) So shapeshifting no longer reduces the amount of damage you'll do, save for the global cooldown, but cat forms global cooldown is 1 second, which is shorter than a mages 1.5 second.

The only one that would concern me at all is deep freeze, but all that means is now I have a reason to use my pvp trinket while fighting a mage. Throughout the entire fight you will not be moving fast enough that I can actually ignore most of your slows/frostbolts/etc anyways. The only thing I need to actively break is the novas to avoid the shatter, which is easily done.
We get to use Deep Freeze way more often than you get to use your trinket. Deep Freeze is on a 30 second CD. Trinket is 2 min. We also have fingers of frost. That means we get a shatter combo even if your not frozen. As a frost mage I love it when someone trinkets (or in your case shapeshifts) out of a frostbite proc only to get blasted with an shatter combo 1 second later. We also have Icy Veins which with all my haste gear lowers Frostbolt to a 1.8s cast and won't let you push it back. We also have Ice Barrier which is 5k of damage mitigation at 80 that we can use every 30 seconds. And I hope you have quick reactions because every time you manage to break the barrier you'll be in a nova.

You have S4 gear so I'm sure you are quite good, but all I'm saying is mages are really strong now.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 06:19 PM   #83
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Oh I have only been in about 4 arena fights. I hate arenas with a passion. I like the free and open world PVP and BGs. Arenas are too much about competition. I'm all about killing. If I could kill my own faction I would.
prolly cause you get pwnd.
Old 11-20-08, 06:21 PM   #84
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Throughout the entire fight you will not be moving fast enough that I can actually ignore most of your slows/frostbolts/etc anyways. The only thing I need to actively break is the novas to avoid the shatter, which is easily done.
You do realize that thanks to new talents, Cone of Cold now slows you down by 70% movement speed? IMHO Chilled to the Bone (another 10% movement reduction) was the biggest buff to frost.