Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-20-08, 08:52 PM   #85
Rakeesh

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
We get to use Deep Freeze way more often than you get to use your trinket. Deep Freeze is on a 30 second CD.
I don't even need that much time.

Quote:
You do realize that thanks to new talents, Cone of Cold now slows you down by 70% movement speed? IMHO Chilled to the Bone (another 10% movement reduction) was the biggest buff to frost.
And shapeshifting removes all 70% of it But all I am saying here is that your movement speed won't be fast enough for you to leave my melee range in any reasonable amount of time, whether I shapeshift out of it or not. I don't powershift unless I need to, and I don't need to powershift while my target is in my melee range, regardless of whether I have a movement debuff or not. And besides, being in cat form I am permanently at +50% run speed. I don't know how movement impairing effects subtract from speed buffs, but no matter how I can figure it I would end up with greater than -50% movement speed at all times.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 11:54 PM   #86
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
I don't even need that much time.

And shapeshifting removes all 70% of it But all I am saying here is that your movement speed won't be fast enough for you to leave my melee range in any reasonable amount of time, whether I shapeshift out of it or not. I don't powershift unless I need to, and I don't need to powershift while my target is in my melee range, regardless of whether I have a movement debuff or not. And besides, being in cat form I am permanently at +50% run speed. I don't know how movement impairing effects subtract from speed buffs, but no matter how I can figure it I would end up with greater than -50% movement speed at all times.
If you want a DPS match, I'll pop icy veins and beat you every time. Druids don't win by out DPSing anyone (unless your opponent is badly outgeared). They win by outlasting. If I can stop you from getting a heal off, I win. If you get one off I lose. It's all about saving counterspell and Deep Freeze for the right circumstances.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 03:46 AM   #87
Rakeesh

Quote:
If you want a DPS match, I'll pop icy veins and beat you every time. Druids don't win by out DPSing anyone (unless your opponent is badly outgeared). They win by outlasting. If I can stop you from getting a heal off, I win. If you get one off I lose. It's all about saving counterspell and Deep Freeze for the right circumstances.
I am a feral these days, I don't heal. What I'll do is keep you either stunlocked or I'll constantly be moving around you causing you to get persistent "your target must be in front of you" nags when you try to cast spells. This is much easier for a feral to do than any other melee spec. I greatly reduce the amount of DPS that you are capable of while putting very few (if any) hindrances on my own.

The only way you can possibly prevent this is by turning around and running, however by doing that you further open yourself up to shreds which are my main nuke (and believe me ever since the last patch they hit very hard now.)

If you manage to on occasion cause delays to my damage output for say one or two seconds, its not a huge deal because during that time I was getting 10-20 more energy for yet more burst. For you it is a big deal though, time is not on your side to the extent that it is on mine.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 11-21-08, 04:01 AM   #88
K007

warlock pwns u all....muahhahaha...ha...should...login into my warlock...see how he is doing...my warrior to...and paladin...and that lame be hunter...and my rogue...

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 08:28 AM   #89
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
warlock pwns u all....muahhahaha...ha...should...login into my warlock...see how he is doing...my warrior to...and paladin...and that lame be hunter...and my rogue...

warlock's probably the weakest overall class in PvP these days. Love the new mage armor that makes every warlock DoT completely useless.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 10:09 AM   #90
CaptnStubing

Quote:
prolly cause you get pwnd.
Seriously Zelda are you 14 years old? Not everything in life and especially gaming is "YOU SUCK AND I PWN". It is about hanging out and having fun with friends on the internets.

I simply don't like arenas. Also I don't mind getting ownd. When you rez you get full health and mana in BGs and my ego isn't so great that I can't handle being killed in a video game.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 11:34 AM   #91
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Seriously Zelda are you 14 years old? Not everything in life and especially gaming is "YOU SUCK AND I PWN". It is about hanging out and having fun with friends on the internets.

I simply don't like arenas. Also I don't mind getting ownd. When you rez you get full health and mana in BGs and my ego isn't so great that I can't handle being killed in a video game.
TBH arena isn't my favorite either. I mainly just do it to get better gear to grief allies with.

Old 11-21-08, 12:09 PM   #92
CaptnStubing

Quote:
TBH arena isn't my favorite either. I mainly just do it to get better gear to grief allies with.
The problem I have with arenas is it takes a lot of coordination. You have to really get to know the other players and work out strategies to be successful. That is something that I am not willing to put the time and effort into. I just like hopping in a BG or wolf PVP. I like it very much open and free form. As I said I'll kill anything that is red, unless they killing other mobs. I always wait till they have full health. THEN IS SMASH THEIR FACES IN!

Old 11-21-08, 12:24 PM   #93
jolle

How are the death knights turning out in PVP?
Old 11-21-08, 12:58 PM   #94
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
The problem I have with arenas is it takes a lot of coordination. You have to really get to know the other players and work out strategies to be successful. That is something that I am not willing to put the time and effort into. I just like hopping in a BG or wolf PVP. I like it very much open and free form. As I said I'll kill anything that is red, unless they killing other mobs. I always wait till they have full health. THEN IS SMASH THEIR FACES IN!
It depends. If I want to actually fight them, then yes. However if I want to have fun and grief them...then no

And believe me I have many ways of griefing allies, many of which don't involve actually killing them, and are much more fun and annoying than doing so

Old 11-21-08, 01:10 PM   #95
CaptnStubing

Quote:
It depends. If I want to actually fight them, then yes. However if I want to have fun and grief them...then no

And believe me I have many ways of griefing allies, many of which don't involve actually killing them, and are much more fun and annoying than doing so
I'm not into griefing. I do like a fair fight. I don't have a problem with a stealth ganking. I just prefer to play it straight up. I like to smash them into the ground as quickly as possible.

I do like it when a feral drood comes along to gank me and I take him down in 3 hits. LOL! It doesn't always work that way. Some times I'm stun locked to death. Thats cool, its all part of the game.
Old 11-21-08, 06:31 PM   #96
K007

Quote:
warlock's probably the weakest overall class in PvP these days. Love the new mage armor that makes every warlock DoT completely useless.
Weak or not, it's still my favorite class. It was more fun waaay back when conflag was a 1.5 sec cast. <3 Drakedog ><
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote