Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-21-08, 07:18 PM   #97
sammy sung

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
Dude, even with the nerfs, Ret paladins are still the most ridiculous class in the game right now. I'm not saying mages are weak (we are very strong now), but Ret is still the number one class for PvP. I can't imagine how a mage/other class will manage to beat Ret/Ret or Ret/DK in arenas.

As far as how to counter, learn to bubble quicker. And learn to use Blessing of Freedom when they cast Slow on you. Getting rid of snares will reduce their damage output by 12% as we have a talent that increases damage when you are snared. And if you are 70 running around in greens and blues of course you are going to get killed by a better geared mage. Get some epix.
Getting epic level 70 pvp gear just isnt worth it with the little activity there is in battlegrounds atm.I got the merciless gladiator greatsword last night ,took ages to get it with 40 AV tokens and 27000 honorpoints.The problem is in my battlegroup is that Allys still play AV and horde doesnt so theres like 10-20 vs 35-40 every game = loss every time.

ill park this alt and level my main to 80 instead and come back to it later.There's crafted blue pvp gear you can buy at AH now,savage saronite plate for level 78 with 50-65 resiliance per piece.They will work until ive saved up for the next seasons pvp gear at level 80.I just wanted the sword and the boots since those were the weakest pieces i had before.
Old 11-21-08, 07:18 PM   #98
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Seriously Zelda are you 14 years old? Not everything in life and especially gaming is "YOU SUCK AND I PWN". It is about hanging out and having fun with friends on the internets.

I simply don't like arenas. Also I don't mind getting ownd. When you rez you get full health and mana in BGs and my ego isn't so great that I can't handle being killed in a video game.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119700
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 07:28 PM   #99
sammy sung

Quote:
PWNED !
Old 11-21-08, 07:45 PM   #100
Zelda_fan

not only do I pwn ctpnstubbin in World of Warcraft, but I pwn him irl as well

Old 11-21-08, 07:51 PM   #101
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I'm not into griefing.
Aww...I ought to fraps some of the griefing I do. It's funny, you'd do it too if you saw how much fun you can have

My favorite form of griefing is killing hunters pets so many times that they finally give up and start fighting mobs without their pet. Watching them struggle to fight just one mob their own level is just classic comedy

Or like sitting in the birds nest near the trampoline in nagrand and killing any questers that hop into the nest. And then when they are on the ground looking up at you, shift to flight form to look like a quaint little bird defending its eggs

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 07:52 PM   #102
CaptnStubing

Quote:
not only do I pwn ctpnstubbin in World of Warcraft, but I pwn him irl as well

Word!

From the same thread.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...5&postcount=25
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 07:54 PM   #103
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Getting epic level 70 pvp gear just isnt worth it with the little activity there is in battlegrounds atm.I got the merciless gladiator greatsword last night ,took ages to get it with 40 AV tokens and 27000 honorpoints.The problem is in my battlegroup is that Allys still play AV and horde doesnt so theres like 10-20 vs 35-40 every game = loss every time.
You don't mention your class, but if you're a paladin, spec holy, even if your holy gear sucks. You'd be pleasantly surprised how often you win battlegrounds just because you keep everybody alive much longer.

I always go resto when I want to farm honor points for exactly this reason. Pretty much every game I do as resto I win. Feral or balance I can do a lot of destruction, but things don't go nearly as well if everybody around me isn't staying alive longer. Going as DPS I only win about 50% or so of the games I do.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 08:18 PM   #104
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
You don't mention your class, but if you're a paladin, spec holy, even if your holy gear sucks. You'd be pleasantly surprised how often you win battlegrounds just because you keep everybody alive much longer.

I always go resto when I want to farm honor points for exactly this reason. Pretty much every game I do as resto I win. Feral or balance I can do a lot of destruction, but things don't go nearly as well if everybody around me isn't staying alive longer. Going as DPS I only win about 50% or so of the games I do.

Yea this alt is a paladin but i was talking altarec valley only here wich gives me the needed tokens for the weapon i wanted ,there's just no way in hell to win against allys on AV playing 15v35 regardless of spec.Tables are turned on arathi and eye of the storm,sometimes on wsg aswell wich the ally-side doesnt play as much now,people are getting most of the achievements because of it (win in under 6 minutes,win 2000-0,win 3-0 etc etc)

Old 11-21-08, 08:21 PM   #105
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Yea this alt is a paladin but i was talking altarec valley only here wich gives me the needed tokens for the weapon i wanted ,there's just no way in hell to win against allys on AV playing 15v35 regardless of spec.Tables are turned on arathi and eye of the storm,sometimes on wsg aswell wich the ally-side doesnt play as much now,people are getting most of the achievements because of it (win in under 6 minutes,win 2000-0,win 3-0 etc etc)
most AVs are usually pretty even... I rarely ever see a fight where one side is badly outnumbered. Maybe if you play at 3:00AM....
Old 11-21-08, 08:23 PM   #106
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post

QFT

This is why I really only do battlegrounds with organized groups. I hate it when a healing class decides their job is 100% DPS and allows their group to get raped.
Old 11-21-08, 08:31 PM   #107
sammy sung

Quote:
most AVs are usually pretty even... I rarely ever see a fight where one side is badly outnumbered. Maybe if you play at 3:00AM....
Depends wich battlegroup you belong to i think,on Blackout.eu that my server belongs to Altarec valley has been dominated by the allyside for as long as ive played there. Even before wotlk when sides where the same numbers.Now since wotlk came out 8 games out of 10 is like what i described,doesnt matter when you play.(not counting the other bgs here) Bloodscalp eu is heavily dominated by hungarian players, playing alone just isnt possible anymore,you need to be 2 at all times,doing dailys at quel danas often ended in outright wars and tons of ganking. And about your organized groups,that doesnt work here,getting a game with both sides full teams is a rarity now,you would spend forever in line waiting as a premade group.
Old 11-22-08, 03:15 AM   #108
K007

So how is the DK?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote