Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-02-03, 03:06 PM   #1
sk8bloke22

Default really odd internet issue after deleting msblast, can anyone help?

ok, ive just got back from 2 months of being in thailand to find out my pc had been infected with that god damn msblast worm that hit the world whilst i was away. i believe i have done all the correct procedures to get rid of it, and the msblast.exe is no longer in the system32 folder, or the registry key. however, something is certinaly not right with my pc. ive defragmented it and done a disckcleanup and i still have the same issue. basically my pc runs fine until i dialup on the net, then literally everything slows down loads. i checked my modem, and almost instantly after dialing up, my modem indicated that it is sending information. i have no idea what its sending as i havnt started uploading or requesting files and when i look in task manager there is nothing out of the ordinary running on my pc. to show an example of my problem, ive been saving various audio cds onto my pc after buying loads from thailand, and when the internet is off it saves each track at 24x (my max speed for my cd writer), but when the net is on, it saves each track at roughly 0.6x. if i turn the net off when its recording at such a low speed, the cd writer starts recording at 24x again. so something is happening everytime i use the net, and i hav no frigging idea wat it could be. my pc was working fine before i left england, so im guessing it could be some affect of the msblast virus, but that wouldnt make much sense as im sure i deleted it. has anyone got any idea wat could be wrong? any help is much appreciated.
GFX: MSI 64 Geforce 4 Ti4200
SOUND: AUDIGY
sk8bloke22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-03, 06:22 AM   #2
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

You may have that annoying Sobig which turns your computer into a email zombie smegging kind of thing. Google "the cleaner" if you dont have a anti virus program.
Old 09-03-03, 07:39 AM   #3
sk8bloke22

ah cheers dude. always can rely on an emutalk member for an answer . ill check it out, the fact that i actually cant work out what is wrong, other than its something to do with the net slowing my pc down ridiculously, is what really pisses me off. Its probably time for me to get a virus scanner, hehe, im always a bit slow when it comes to sensible things. if this 'cleaner' program works or finds any trojan, ill be very happy. cheers again tho.
GFX: MSI 64 Geforce 4 Ti4200
SOUND: AUDIGY
sk8bloke22 is offline   Reply With Quote