Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-08, 05:25 AM   #1
tag_dk

Default RHEL4.5WS_64bit_177.80_driver_blank_screen

Hi,

I have about a 100 boxes running RHEL4.5WS_64bit with a 9800GTX card and the 177.80 driver. It seems that after about 10 minutes of inactivity the monitors go blank. Doesn't appear to be powersave, as the little LED on the monitors stay green. Jerk the mouse and your back in business.

No big deal, but really annoying as these boxes are clients of a server running a simulation, and for periods you may not need to do anything, but you'll want to be able to watch was is going on.

Screensaver is disabled and the daemon isn't running anyway. apmd not running, acpid instead. Xorg.conf shows a line in Section "Monitor": Option "dpms". Tried commenting it out to no avail. Tried disabling acpi with chkconfig. No luck.

In an earlier RHEL distro with a Quadro NV100 it was possible to disable the screensaver, and no blanking would appear. The driver then was the one included in the distro. So I figure it's the driver, but the Nvidia X server settings app does not give me any options regarding the screensaver...

Anybody have some ideas?

RHEL4.5WS 64bit
xorg 6.8.2
Gnome 2.8
driver 177.80

I've attached xorg.conf and the nvidia bug report.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (129.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: zip xorg.zip (1.4 KB, 77 views)
tag_dk is offline   Reply With Quote