Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-22-08, 07:03 AM   #1
g8keepR

Angry s-video to hdtv problem (it was working previously)

Hey everyone,

I've had this setup working for over a year and now I'm having problems ...

I have an s-video cable going from my laptop (a Compaq Presario R3000 w/ a GeForce4 440 Go video card) to my HDTV (a 720p Samsung DLP). Previously, I had this working using the nvidia-settings tool. It would detect my TV and I'd select "800x600" for the resolution and positioned it "Right-of" ... and everything worked fine.

Now when I do this, the display my TV is all messed up (color's off, big blocks of pixels, etc..). I've gone through all of the resolutions and positions (Right-of , Clone, Left-of etc..) that were presented me in the nvidia gui, but all give the same results.

My TV is detected still, as TV-0. I've double-checked the cable, even tried another s-video cable.

I've attached the xorg log file ... everything seems fine. I would also attach a xorg.conf file, however it doesn't look like this utility saves it's changed to the xorg.conf (rather somewhere else?).

I'm ready to go out and get a vga cable, as I realize I'm limited by resolution w/ an s-video cable, but I was just using this setup for karaoke, which doesn't require anything special. I'm just puzzled why this just stopped working.

Other system info:
Fedora 8
Using the latest kmod-nvidia-96xx release (which translates to 96.43.07).
Kernel 2.6.26.6-49.fc8

Any ideas?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (24.1 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by g8keepR; 12-22-08 at 07:05 AM. Reason: title
g8keepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 05:37 PM   #2
g8keepR

Default Re: s-video to hdtv problem (it was working previously)

Welp, I got myself a 6ft male-male svga cable and everything is working great. 720p picture and no glitchy/unreadable video.
g8keepR is offline   Reply With Quote