Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-23-08, 11:50 AM   #1
weltall

Default serious issues with 3d applications since 180.18

I've noticed various serious problems with 3d applications. before 180.18 i was able to run even 4 games (all using crystal space as engine two using 1.4 and two 1.9 (trunk head) versions of their engine) without issues. After the update to 180.18 i get the system almost frozen and unresponsive. fps are reported to be something like 20 seconds per frame (i can actually see the frame rendering... looks like in the old amiga days :P) and so the thing is quite serious. I'd like to remark that everything worked nice yesterday and there were no issues.

To reproduce this a simple example is running the walktest application from the cs svn (it's a sample app) and then another one of the same kind from the older version (1.4). You will notice immediate system unresponsiveness till one of the two is killed. also i've seen bad interactions between 3d applications in 2 screens (like if one was overwritting the other one framebuffer or w/e)

any idea on what could be the problem? last beta drivers worked perfectly. if it could be of note i've played a vdpau video some hours before finding out the issue.

i've also noticed an interesting error in xorg
[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.
[mi] mieqEnequeue: out-of-order valuator event; dropping.

included is the bug report and thanks in advance for your support as this is giving me serious issues
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 nvidia-bug-report.log.bz2 (36.8 KB, 88 views)
weltall is offline   Reply With Quote