Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-08, 10:56 PM   #85
JasonPC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,103
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Yeah they probably should have dropped the AA down to 2x. I haven't seen many other benchmarks try 4x AA in Warhead. And then they tried 8x AA! Clearly the hardware is not ready for that yet. The 4870 X2 would clearly have an advantage there by having the extra vram. But as you said, it doesn't matter because it's still unplayable! It's like winning an award for having the best poop.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 12:57 AM   #86
conantheogar2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 34
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
Yeah they probably should have dropped the AA down to 2x. I haven't seen many other benchmarks try 4x AA in Warhead. And then they tried 8x AA! Clearly the hardware is not ready for that yet. The 4870 X2 would clearly have an advantage there by having the extra vram. But as you said, it doesn't matter because it's still unplayable! It's like winning an award for having the best poop.
but crysis is like 3years Old now
conantheogar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 07:30 AM   #87
xmichaeluk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 122
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

and they still haven't come up with a single gpu solution being able to run this game smoothly at maximum detail
xmichaeluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 08:54 AM   #88
conantheogar2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 34
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmichaeluk View Post
and they still haven't come up with a single gpu solution being able to run this game smoothly at maximum detail


Yer Xmas Poem for yer all



"
Remember games Like Syndicate Wars, DukeNukem and F.E.A.R.

But When Crysis came out, all we did do was Stare.

Awesome graphics, proceed with Caution Beware.

Because when we looked at the PC requirements we just had to grabb several Beers

we bought what Nvidia - Ati put on the market year after year.

But when in Crysis our PCs stuttered so badly I gave it a "head Butt"

And with Single Card solutions on the market the price of my right Nut

It seems Ati Nvidia need a kick up the Old Butt "





Nvidia 295Gtx pls dont Cost 500
conantheogar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 09:36 AM   #89
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheogar2 View Post
but crysis is like 3years Old now
Crysis is barely a year old.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 01:46 PM   #90
xmichaeluk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 122
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

I was seriously considering upgrading to 295gtx for some time but then I said to myself, hold on one second. Right now, I have one of the most powerful single gpu's out there and wanna swap it for something nearly twice as much expensive? something that will give me a performance boost which I won't even notice in current titles? Why will I not notice? Because in games like far cry 2 or call of duty w@w I am getting way over 50fps with all settings max and some AA. Hell no, I am not going to give nvidia another 400 only to play ONE GAME smoothly (you know what it's called) I'd rather get second velociraptor and run it in raid. I guess my overclocked 280 gtx will last me another 6 months or more.

But that's just my opinion, you have every right to disagree with it.
xmichaeluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 10:26 PM   #91
JasonPC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,103
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

If you have a GTX 280 I think you should stick with it. You won't have to worry about SLI and you'll still get good performance.

And Crysis 3 years old? It's just over 1 year old and it was released with the intention to run only on max with future hardware.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 10:47 PM   #92
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmichaeluk View Post
I was seriously considering upgrading to 295gtx for some time but then I said to myself, hold on one second. Right now, I have one of the most powerful single gpu's out there and wanna swap it for something nearly twice as much expensive? something that will give me a performance boost which I won't even notice in current titles? Why will I not notice? Because in games like far cry 2 or call of duty w@w I am getting way over 50fps with all settings max and some AA. Hell no, I am not going to give nvidia another 400 only to play ONE GAME smoothly (you know what it's called) I'd rather get second velociraptor and run it in raid. I guess my overclocked 280 gtx will last me another 6 months or more.

But that's just my opinion, you have every right to disagree with it.
Exactly! And thanks xmichaeluk for nailing all the sentiments I had building up while reading this thread.

Where's the GTX285 version of this thread?

I've got untill January 26th '09 for my BFG GTX280 Trade-Up. I'm going to beat the date I think.

But not for the GTX295; I want the GTX285. Less power and 10% better.

After my 9800X2 experience (sent it back after 48 hrs. for a GTX280) I will never, ever, go for a sandwiched Video Card or Dual GPU Card.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-09, 12:46 AM   #93
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.
 
jAkUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 17,744
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Crysis is barely a year old.
Warhead only a few months
__________________
965xe || evga x58 classified || 3x evga gtx 480 || 6gb g.skill || win7 x64
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-09, 10:17 AM   #94
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

I would love to see some benchies from GTX295 Quad SLI against the GTX280 TRI SLI on a core i7 based computer.

I really like the GTX295 but the horror stories about compatibility from the 9800gx2 and SLI setups scares me.

Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-09, 10:30 AM   #95
conantheogar2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 34
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
If you have a GTX 280 I think you should stick with it. You won't have to worry about SLI and you'll still get good performance.

And Crysis 3 years old? It's just over 1 year old and it was released with the intention to run only on max with future hardware.

It was just an expression that Crysis is Old news ...lol
conantheogar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-09, 12:37 PM   #96
Amaury
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 465
Default Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Previews/Reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
I would love to see some benchies from GTX295 Quad SLI against the GTX280 TRI SLI on a core i7 based computer.

I really like the GTX295 but the horror stories about compatibility from the 9800gx2 and SLI setups scares me.


Make it GTX285 Tri-SLI vs GTX295 Quad SLI.
Amaury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.