Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-31-08, 12:06 AM   #13
gbil

Default Re: MEDIOCRE SUPPORT FOR NVIDIA DRIVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinthos View Post
To the original poster...

What exactly is wrong w/ the latest Nvidia drivers and Vostro 1510 support.......?
Hard for anyone to help you unless you list specifics...
With this subject and his answers do you really think he wanted support? He didn't even answer to the NVidia representative.
gbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 12:24 AM   #14
skirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
Did you create a thread? Attach a bug report?

I've run almost all GTK apps under the sun and quite a few QT4 apps without issues on 7300,7950,8600,9500 cards. This includes 3D applications such as World of Warcraft under Wine without issues.

It seems you are only running an 8600M, which is embedded on a single platform. It could be a combination of your motherboard/chipset causing the issue to manifest. Create a thread with a bug report attach otherwise you'll never have your issue seriously reviewed.
Did you even read my post? Particularly this part: "I've done all I can to provide nvidia with a description of the freezes, operating conditions, bug reports, etc..". Yes, I've started threads, and have replied on other people's threads regarding the same issue. It's right here if you'd like to take a look. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124180
No replies. What else can I do mooninite? The sound of the crickets in my thread are deafening. (Ok, no more referring to deafness. I promise. lol). And the thread that I refer to in my thread, was also a dead end. I can honestly only recall seeing one reply from an nvidia rep. on this issue. It's here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...77#post1875677 And it was of the useless "we can't reproduce" variety. I answered back, and after that, silence. They have my hardware specs in my bug report. It's not hard to reproduce. Install the drivers, fire up X, and do stuff. It doesn't take long for the problem to manifest itself. I promise. A lot of others are having this problem too. I did my part. I did exactly as the instructions in the stickied threads in this very forum told me to do. And it got me nowhere. I'm open to suggestions at this point. And as I said, here, and in previous threads, 177.82 is rock-solid stable on the same configuration for this system (aside from any changes I have made to my Xorg conf, which I _clearly_ pointed out in my thread).

Quote:
nVidia representatives are replying to you, but since it's not a fixed driver their replies seem to be falling on deaf ears...
They are? Where? Am I going blind too? Crap.
Old 12-31-08, 06:16 AM   #15
xin44

it's strange that some posters begin to see thing's that don't exists on this forum (nvidia replies), give us the same tricks we all have unfortunatly try, and strange too that what they said is good for nvidia ...
Strange and EXTREMELY annoying : bugs + trolls, thanks a lot - what else ?
xin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 08:35 AM   #16
mooninite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirst View Post
Troll post
Yeah, this isn't going to get you anywhere. This thread should be closed.
mooninite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 11:47 AM   #17
skirst

Quote:
Yeah, this isn't going to get you anywhere. This thread should be closed.
Wow. First you accuse me of not taking the proper actions to get my issue resolved. I provide evidence contrary to this accusation, and now I'm a troll for it. Wonderful. You seem to know something that I don't mooninite. Thanks for sharing.