Old 01-06-09, 05:00 PM   #73
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: Windows 7 Beta leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
Stat?
Quote:
Howard Marner: Crosby, we're going to have to ask you to surrender the robot.
Newton Crosby: Stat?
Howard Marner: Stat!
Newton Crosby: What does that mean, anyway?
Howard Marner: I don't know. But that's not the point.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 05:00 PM   #74
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
I've just got my Vista install severely messed up, so the 320GB HD on which it was before is now empty.

Oh ****! I have not got any DVDs.
You don't need any dvds to install windows 7! Here's how you do it:

1. Install a virtual CD/DVD drive on existing Windows operating system.
  2. Mount the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD ISO image using the virtual drive.
  3. Copy all files inside the virtual CD/DVD drive mounted with the ISO into any folder on any partition or hard disk drive not going to be used to install the Windows OS. For example, copy into E:\Windows7.
  4. Copy the bootmgr and boot folders nested inside the copied folder (i.e. \Windows7) to root directory of system boot drive, typically C:\.

Note: For Windows Vista, users may need to use this step: Copy the bootmgr folder from E:\Windows7 to C:\ root directory, copy E:\Windows7\boot\boot.sdi file to same folder in C:\boot folder, and then copy bootsect.exe from the E:\Windows7\boot\ folder to C:\ drive.

Note: boot folder in system boot drive is hidden system folder.
  5. Create a new folder named sources under the C:\ root folder.
  6. Copy the boot.win file inside \Windows7\sources folder to the source folder created in the
    system boot drive, normally C:\.
  7. Open a command prompt as administrator.
  8. Run the following command (change the C to your drive path letter if applicable):
    C:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
  9. For Windows Vista users who copied bootsect.exe to C:\ root folder, use the following command instead:

C:\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
    A successful message is the command completes successfully.
  10. Change the name or label of the boot system partition local disk to BDCP or any name you prefer that easier to remember and type (in DOS command promot, use label command).
  11. Restart the computer.
  12. After booting up, the system will start the corresponding Windows installation process.
  13. Select the applicable language to install, time and currency format (regional settings locale) and keyboard or input method in the installation wizard dialog.
  14. On the next screen, user will be presented with option to Install Windows. DO NOT press on Install Windows button, instead, click on Repair My Computer link on the bottom left corner.
  15. In the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) System Recovery Options dialog window, click on Command Prompt to open a DOS Prompt window.
  16. Run the format command to format the primary hard disk or partition to clean state:
    format c: /q

Note: /q switch, which perform quick format can be omitted to full format. And if existing hard disk partition is of FAT32 filesystem format, use format c: /q /fs:ntfs to convert the file system to NTFS while formatting. Before formatting begins, the command may prompt for hard disk drive or partition label name, if so, enter accordingly (i.e. BDCP).
  17. After format completed, start the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation process again by manually running the setup.exe located in the copied. Note that the setup.exe is not the one located on boot system drive which copied at later step, as the boot drive has been formatted. For example:
    E:\Windows7\sources\setup.exe
  18. Continue with installation procedures by following on-screen instructions as per normal practice.

Taken from Mydigitallife
Old 01-06-09, 05:08 PM   #75
JasonPC

Looks much easier than burning a DVD
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 05:10 PM   #76
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
lawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
I got it from the Microsoft Developers Program

Defiantly NOT from the following illegal torrent link

Defiantly don't get it from there. You may get a virus or worse.
Oh ya. Fo shua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
You don't need any dvds to install windows 7! Here's how you do it:

1. Install a virtual CD/DVD drive on existing Windows operating system.
  2. Mount the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD ISO image using the virtual drive.
  3. Copy all files inside the virtual CD/DVD drive mounted with the ISO into any folder on any partition or hard disk drive not going to be used to install the Windows OS. For example, copy into E:\Windows7.
  4. Copy the bootmgr and boot folders nested inside the copied folder (i.e. \Windows7) to root directory of system boot drive, typically C:\.

Note: For Windows Vista, users may need to use this step: Copy the bootmgr folder from E:\Windows7 to C:\ root directory, copy E:\Windows7\boot\boot.sdi file to same folder in C:\boot folder, and then copy bootsect.exe from the E:\Windows7\boot\ folder to C:\ drive.

Note: boot folder in system boot drive is hidden system folder.
  5. Create a new folder named sources under the C:\ root folder.
  6. Copy the boot.win file inside \Windows7\sources folder to the source folder created in the
    system boot drive, normally C:\.
  7. Open a command prompt as administrator.
  8. Run the following command (change the C to your drive path letter if applicable):
    C:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
  9. For Windows Vista users who copied bootsect.exe to C:\ root folder, use the following command instead:

C:\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
    A successful message is the command completes successfully.
  10. Change the name or label of the boot system partition local disk to BDCP or any name you prefer that easier to remember and type (in DOS command promot, use label command).
  11. Restart the computer.
  12. After booting up, the system will start the corresponding Windows installation process.
  13. Select the applicable language to install, time and currency format (regional settings locale) and keyboard or input method in the installation wizard dialog.
  14. On the next screen, user will be presented with option to Install Windows. DO NOT press on Install Windows button, instead, click on Repair My Computer link on the bottom left corner.
  15. In the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) System Recovery Options dialog window, click on Command Prompt to open a DOS Prompt window.
  16. Run the format command to format the primary hard disk or partition to clean state:
    format c: /q

Note: /q switch, which perform quick format can be omitted to full format. And if existing hard disk partition is of FAT32 filesystem format, use format c: /q /fs:ntfs to convert the file system to NTFS while formatting. Before formatting begins, the command may prompt for hard disk drive or partition label name, if so, enter accordingly (i.e. BDCP).
  17. After format completed, start the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation process again by manually running the setup.exe located in the copied. Note that the setup.exe is not the one located on boot system drive which copied at later step, as the boot drive has been formatted. For example:
    E:\Windows7\sources\setup.exe
  18. Continue with installation procedures by following on-screen instructions as per normal practice.

Taken from Mydigitallife
tl;dr

Though I might have to.
Old 01-06-09, 05:30 PM   #77
Sgt_Pitt

x64 plzzz
Old 01-06-09, 05:49 PM   #78
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt View Post
x64 plzzz
x64 did not leak!! Stop asking lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 05:56 PM   #79
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
lawl

Oh ya. Fo shua

tl;dr

Though I might have to.
It looks much harder than it really is.. And it's much faster too(if you don't take the time spent setting it all up into account )! Install in itself shouldn't take more than 5 minutes!
Old 01-06-09, 05:57 PM   #80
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
But no x64?

Old 01-06-09, 06:16 PM   #81
Toss3
.<<o>>.

If you have a USB-flash drive laying round you can also use that to install windows 7

Guide:

#) Mount the windows 7 iso image with daemon tools

#) Run diskmgmt.msc and see which disk number is your USB Flash Drive (say it's disk 1)

#) Run cmd and type :
1) diskpart
2) select disk 1
3) clean
4) create partition primary
5) select partition 1
6) active
7) format fs=fat32
8) assign
9) exit

#) Type xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f g:\
supposing d: is the virtual drive letter and g: is the USB Flash Drive letter

Now restart and boot from the USB Flash Drive
Old 01-06-09, 06:39 PM   #82
Koko56

2GB is the biggest I have.

WOOP! Just formatted a DVD with Vista!

Hmmmmm - I've burned the ISO, yet it was not recognized in either XP or Vista. Doin' it again.
Old 01-06-09, 07:54 PM   #83
Sgt_Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
pwetty pwease

Nah don't worry as soon as its released ill post here, my eyes are like eagle vision scouring the net for it :P
Old 01-06-09, 07:56 PM   #84
Koko56

Well.... does not seem to see the ISO file. Tried burn it from the laptop with Vista but I failed to connect the XP desktop ad the Vista laptop. :/