Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-09, 01:51 AM   #49
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound
Default Re: Windows 7 lacking ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Congratulations to you. And when the best Windows OS, Windows 7 comes out you will get it free too. What do you want a cookie?
No I was only pointing that you are a troll and insult people only cos you don´t like vista, get a life other than bashing OSes.

nuff said
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 04:38 AM   #50
weevil

i love Vista x64. runs perfectly

Same here.

I've got the open beta and the keys. Too scared to run the installer on my main machine though, it ain't broke. Yet. This can change

Peter
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 05:27 AM   #51
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
yea almost.
Hey nekro. How are you enjoying the new 360.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 05:11 PM   #52
Monnie Rock

Send a message via ICQ to Monnie Rock Send a message via Yahoo to Monnie Rock

Quote:
i have no idea where any of you get this **** from.

i love Vista x64. runs perfectly.

No problems here, Vista 64 bit has been stable as a rock for me, even with a heavy oc'ed machine and OLD hardware.

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Tower || Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe || AMD Athlon 64 FX-60(17x200FSB) || VapoChill Lightspeed || 4Gb OCZ PC3200 2-2-2-5 || Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W W0156RU|| 2x SATAII Western Digital Caviar SE 160 GB RAID 0 || 2x EVGA GTX 280 SCC SLI || Creative X-fi || Plextor SATA PX-716SA DVD±RW || Mitsubishi DP2070SB-SV 22"CRT || Vista Ultimate 64 bit || TM Cougar HOTAS NXT Mod || Simped F-16C Rudder Pedals || Track IR 3 Pro || RME Fireface 800 || Mesa Boogie Tri-Axis || TC Electronics G-Force || BBE 882i || Sennheiser HD650 || Ibanez Jem7 VWH || Ibanez Universe 7 String || Sonar 7 Producer Edition
Monnie Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 01:47 AM   #53
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post

i see what you did thar.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 10:11 AM   #54
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
No I was only pointing that you are a troll and insult people only cos you don´t like vista, get a life other than bashing OSes.

nuff said
1. Who did I insult?
2. I only hate Vista. No problems with XP or Windows 7.
3. Wasn't 'nuff. Now it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 10:12 AM   #55
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post

lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 10:14 AM   #56
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
1. Who did I insult?
2. I only hate Vista. No problems with XP or Windows 7.
3. Wasn't 'nuff. Now it is.

i think he was referring more to your hating of Vista with no reason.

Old 01-15-09, 10:17 AM   #57
Bearclaw

Quote:
i think he was referring more to your hating of Vista with no reason.
QFT. He can't even provide reasons for hating it. It runs good now. Maybe he just needs to upgrade to SP1.
Old 01-15-09, 10:57 AM   #58
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11

Not sure if this was posted yet, I don't feel like reading all the pages, sorry I'm lazy. While I do agree that it's annoying to have released Vista then come out with Windows 7 they have a good reason for it. Most are right Windows 7 isn't a major step from Vista and Microsoft has admited to this many times. However and we all know this to be true, the reception for Vista was more than abysmal and many business and users did not upgrade.

By releasing it as a new product Microsoft is hoping to distance them selves from Vista plain and simple. Vista never was and certainly isn't at this point in time that bad of an OS. Yes it was plague with stupid problems and until SP1 it wasn't a product I think Microsoft could be proud of but in no small part to all the media slander it got Vista got a reputation that short of coming out with a whole new version were they going change peoples minds. Yes when Windows 7 launches most will say it's Vista with new paint but they can't say it's bad. In fact I have to say I think it's Microsoft's best OS in a long time, better than XP.

So yes, for some it sucks, I know I'm not looking forward to spending money to upgrade again only 2 years later. But I understand Microsoft's reason, if your like my and happy with Vista stick with it, SP2 will add some stability I think. But if you stuck with XP or just want the slimmer OS go with Windows 7. I'm sorry but I don't think Microsoft had any choice in this matter. They had to make it a new OS to get away from the bad slander of the media, if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at Apple and other reviewers who all latched onto the Vista sucks bandwagon. I still talk to the average user who tells me they are afraid to get Vista because of all the problems, I always ask what problems? They always tell me, well that's what I heard from an add or a review. I have not had any more instability on Vista SP1 then on XP SP2. And Apple certainly has no room to speak either, I've had extensive time with OS X 10.5 and the amount of problems it has makes Vista look like an angel with a halo around its head.

PSN: pkirby11
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 01:09 PM   #59
mullet

Vista haters look foolish.
Old 01-15-09, 02:24 PM   #60
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirby11 View Post
Not sure if this was posted yet, I don't feel like reading all the pages, sorry I'm lazy. While I do agree that it's annoying to have released Vista then come out with Windows 7 they have a good reason for it. Most are right Windows 7 isn't a major step from Vista and Microsoft has admited to this many times. However and we all know this to be true, the reception for Vista was more than abysmal and many business and users did not upgrade.

By releasing it as a new product Microsoft is hoping to distance them selves from Vista plain and simple. Vista never was and certainly isn't at this point in time that bad of an OS. Yes it was plague with stupid problems and until SP1 it wasn't a product I think Microsoft could be proud of but in no small part to all the media slander it got Vista got a reputation that short of coming out with a whole new version were they going change peoples minds. Yes when Windows 7 launches most will say it's Vista with new paint but they can't say it's bad. In fact I have to say I think it's Microsoft's best OS in a long time, better than XP.

So yes, for some it sucks, I know I'm not looking forward to spending money to upgrade again only 2 years later. But I understand Microsoft's reason, if your like my and happy with Vista stick with it, SP2 will add some stability I think. But if you stuck with XP or just want the slimmer OS go with Windows 7. I'm sorry but I don't think Microsoft had any choice in this matter. They had to make it a new OS to get away from the bad slander of the media, if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at Apple and other reviewers who all latched onto the Vista sucks bandwagon. I still talk to the average user who tells me they are afraid to get Vista because of all the problems, I always ask what problems? They always tell me, well that's what I heard from an add or a review. I have not had any more instability on Vista SP1 then on XP SP2. And Apple certainly has no room to speak either, I've had extensive time with OS X 10.5 and the amount of problems it has makes Vista look like an angel with a halo around its head.
i dont think Win 7 will be MS's best OS, since they could have released an update for Vista instead of selling a brand new OS.

tbh, i dont care, considering how i will get Win 7 cheaply through campus licensing, but the whole new release is unnecessary imo.