Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-09, 08:46 PM   #25
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.
 
-=DVS=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Outerspace
Posts: 3,009
Lightbulb Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Something else to add is 185.20 beta driver is horrible for SLI other then Vantage score its completely broken in all my games , stuttered like hell in left 4 dead , however 181.20 is super smooth.
__________________
.:. Lian Li X500FX .:. i7 2600k .:. PNY GTX 680 .:. Corsair DDR3 8GB .:. Silverstone 800W PSU .:. Asus P8P67-M Pro .:. Crucial M4 SSD 512GB .:.
-=DVS=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 09:10 PM   #26
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkout View Post
Back to my point, if you can't see it, it doesn't matter if it exists, and please stop with you have eyes of an eagle and can spot it all the time.

You have an agenda against multi-GPU setups, you've made it quite obvious in most of your posts, in fact, that's all I've read from you. Why can't you just accept the fact that it's not as bad as it used to be years ago when multi-GPU setups were just starting out? It has advanced to the point where 99% of people don't notice it. Of course you just happen to be in the remaining 1% and seem to get-off on telling everyone else how inferior their eyes are compared to yours.
99% huh? mind linking me to the polls and studies that show 99% of people dont notice it? i have no agenda i just give out factual information. the fact here is that microstuttering exists on every multi gpu setup on the planet. i dont understand why u keep spouting the same "if u dont see it" line. as if no one in the world can see it and it can only be shown by frame frequency graphs. you seem somewhat disgruntled because you apparently have very poor vision? at least thats the vibe you give off when u go off on a tangent about eyes when i never mentioned such a thing.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 10:31 PM   #27
HYBRID
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 495
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Man....this sh&t wonít be put to bed. Iím so sick of hearing about this yet I donít see any claims from actual user here claiming micro stutter exits on GTX295íS and they want to return it atleast not yet.

But real users like Jackup and me claim there isnít who should you trust?
Again I say buy the card as I stated before, and in the event you have it MS that is then return it, Newegg is awesome if you buy from them about returns within a decent time frame.

People with less than a couple posts who come on here with claims that they know what ms is or that the GTX295 HAS IT ARE FLAT OUT WRONG and seem in my eyeís to have some kind of agenda for whatever reason, Again I have thrown 5 to 6 different new games on this card without any MS issues so take what you read here with a grain of salt this is not the 9800GX.

TRY IT FOR YOURSELF if you planned on buying or on the edge I purchased this card because coming from an ATI 4870x2 I had driver issues, and own an x38 broad so for me this was the best I could buy and I have not been disaapointed.
__________________
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 10:33 PM   #28
HYBRID
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 495
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
no, it's not. I've been driven nuts by the 7950GX2 and 9800GX2 from Micro stutter. It exists and for those sensitive to it, it ruins any gaming experience.
I owned a 7950x2 and its no gtx295 and niether is a 9800gx2. So that statement doesnt apply to GTX295.
__________________
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 10:39 PM   #29
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron99 View Post
Does SLI support D3D Triple Buffing?
Yes.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 10:50 PM   #30
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
the fact here is that microstuttering exists on every multi gpu setup on the planet.
Microstuttering exists on all GPUs. In some cases, it's worse on a single GPU than on multi-GPU solutions.


http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...etimegeral.png

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...ger/graf-2.png

__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 12:50 AM   #31
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYBRID View Post
Man....this sh&t wonít be put to bed. Iím so sick of hearing about this yet I donít see any claims from actual user here claiming micro stutter exits on GTX295íS and they want to return it atleast not yet.

But real users like Jackup and me claim there isnít who should you trust?
Again I say buy the card as I stated before, and in the event you have it MS that is then return it, Newegg is awesome if you buy from them about returns within a decent time frame.

People with less than a couple posts who come on here with claims that they know what ms is or that the GTX295 HAS IT ARE FLAT OUT WRONG and seem in my eyeís to have some kind of agenda for whatever reason, Again I have thrown 5 to 6 different new games on this card without any MS issues so take what you read here with a grain of salt this is not the 9800GX.

TRY IT FOR YOURSELF if you planned on buying or on the edge I purchased this card because coming from an ATI 4870x2 I had driver issues, and own an x38 broad so for me this was the best I could buy and I have not been disaapointed.
flat out wrong? well uve just shown that he definitely shouldnt trust you as you are completely unable to detect microstutter, and therefor no one should ever use your advice when buying multi gpu.

100% concrete unarguable proof of microstutter on the 295

http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/h...uf_der_gtx_295

if anything i hope ive at least opened a few eyes to who here gives informed advice and who is just a mini marketer for their preferred videocard/ihv
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 12:54 AM   #32
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Microstuttering exists on all GPUs. In some cases, it's worse on a single GPU than on multi-GPU solutions.


http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...etimegeral.png

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...ger/graf-2.png
true, but microstutter on a single gpu is extremely rare. its extremely common on mgpu.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-09, 09:01 AM   #33
HYBRID
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 495
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Do you own a GTX295? and whats with that graph your showing of the 4870X2 which I also owned at one time that had no microstutter issues for me either. I returned the card because of driver issue's, and not because I dont notice its just not there with GTX295 and my setup.

I had MS with one game and it was the multi player Enemy Territory not Quakewars which is an older game, and that game doesnt have an issue with the GTX295.
I'll agree to disagree with you I m done with this thread.
__________________
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 12:08 PM   #34
m3dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYBRID View Post
Do you own a GTX295? and whats with that graph your showing of the 4870X2 which I also owned at one time that had no microstutter issues for me either. I returned the card because of driver issue's, and not because I dont notice its just not there with GTX295 and my setup.

I had MS with one game and it was the multi player Enemy Territory not Quakewars which is an older game, and that game doesnt have an issue with the GTX295.
I'll agree to disagree with you I m done with this thread.
ive already showed graphs proving the existence of microstuttering on the 295. argument over, no agreeing to disagree, ur just wrong.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 12:10 PM   #35
Blkout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 144
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
99% huh? mind linking me to the polls and studies that show 99% of people dont notice it? i have no agenda i just give out factual information. the fact here is that microstuttering exists on every multi gpu setup on the planet. i dont understand why u keep spouting the same "if u dont see it" line. as if no one in the world can see it and it can only be shown by frame frequency graphs. you seem somewhat disgruntled because you apparently have very poor vision? at least thats the vibe you give off when u go off on a tangent about eyes when i never mentioned such a thing.
And once AGAIN, you claim everyone has poor vision but you...
Blkout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-09, 12:45 PM   #36
Remmy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11
Default Re: GTX 295 and Microstuttering

I truthfully hope the GTX 295 ends up to be microstutter free, it would make it almost the perfect video card. I would just be very leary of dropping $500 on a dual gpu setup after my recent experiences with the 260s in SLI. I will be keeping up on user feedback for the next couple months as I originally planned a step-up to the 295. Otherwise I may go the 285 route.
Remmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.