Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-09, 07:25 PM   #13
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
Holy crap! Nice work. I have 2 18" BTL's in my tahoe. Aren't Fi subs just top notch!
Indeed.

I have a 12" Q in my Sonata running off of a ~890W RMS Kicker 750.1. I freaking LOVE it.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 07:36 PM   #14
newls1
Registered User
 
newls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 596
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Indeed.

I have a 12" Q in my Sonata running off of a ~890W RMS Kicker 750.1. I freaking LOVE it.
sweet jesus, Fi is such a small company that produces excellent drivers for ground pounding bass. My 2 18"s are getting power from a US Amps MD3D powered with 16volts, and twin 300amp alts. My truck can be felt miles away im told LOL.
__________________
ASUS P5Q-PRO @ 408FSB / Q6700 @ 3.71GHz AIR COOLED / eVGA GTX295 @ 725c*1585s*2400mem / 4GB G.SKILL PC8500 @ DDR1025 / AUDIGY4 / WD640GB / WD80GB / 28" Hanns-G 3ms LCD
newls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 12:01 PM   #15
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
sweet jesus, Fi is such a small company that produces excellent drivers for ground pounding bass. My 2 18"s are getting power from a US Amps MD3D powered with 16volts, and twin 300amp alts. My truck can be felt miles away im told LOL.
DAMN... I can't imagine.

Mine is already too loud at times.
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 01:25 PM   #16
KasuCode
Wiley
 
KasuCode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 1,878
Send a message via AIM to KasuCode
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

__________________

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-09, 02:03 PM   #17
KasuCode
Wiley
 
KasuCode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 1,878
Send a message via AIM to KasuCode
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

Another

__________________

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 03:49 PM   #18
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

Once I get my new Pioneer A/V reciever and AudioSource stereo amp for my subs, I'll have to post some pics and vids just for you Kasu! I'm sure you'd appreciate it. Right now all but my surround speakers are *heavily* underpowered... and that's with running dual 500watt recievers.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-09, 08:11 PM   #19
KasuCode
Wiley
 
KasuCode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 1,878
Send a message via AIM to KasuCode
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Once I get my new Pioneer A/V reciever and AudioSource stereo amp for my subs, I'll have to post some pics and vids just for you Kasu! I'm sure you'd appreciate it. Right now all but my surround speakers are *heavily* underpowered... and that's with running dual 500watt recievers.
Ill have to check it out dude. I want to put some more money into my audio other then just the subs but Im working on some home improvment now. I just broke the mirrior in the other room (8'x12') I rewired, sealed my box better, turned it up and within seconds after moving the location of my box it knocked the mirrior loose from the wall in the living room.


So Im expanding my room and soundproofing it now.
__________________

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 02:22 AM   #20
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasuCode View Post
Ill have to check it out dude. I want to put some more money into my audio other then just the subs but Im working on some home improvment now. I just broke the mirrior in the other room (8'x12') I rewired, sealed my box better, turned it up and within seconds after moving the location of my box it knocked the mirrior loose from the wall in the living room.


So Im expanding my room and soundproofing it now.
HAHAA!

You're crazy, dude!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-09, 09:19 PM   #21
KasuCode
Wiley
 
KasuCode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 1,878
Send a message via AIM to KasuCode
Default Re: Box build 2 TWO 18" FI SSD this time.

__________________

Check Out
~CrossWater~
KasuCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedora KDE 16 Geforce GTX260 and slow gtk applications Rendering NVIDIA Linux 10 07-11-13 07:02 AM
Diablo 3 Wizard build guide News Archived News Items 0 05-30-12 02:40 PM
Diablo 3 build guide: Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor and Wizard News Archived News Items 0 05-12-12 12:00 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.