Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-09, 01:12 PM   #25
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption
 
J-Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
Because its the same unbalanced suckage that was Crysis MP.
In order to have a more effective argument, what is the reasoning for deeming the MP as unbalanced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
List goes on.... Crysis MP/Wars tries to do too much at once and ends up botching the execution.
How so?
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 01:57 PM   #26
bacon12
Registered User
 
bacon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,532
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

You answered it in your op I think, and I agree with evox. There is too much going on, and if it would have followed the more successful MP titles and done a few things very well it would have been a hit.

Also as stated if you aren't getting over 40fps in a mp it sucks.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 02:26 PM   #27
evox
:3
 
evox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: India
Posts: 2,254
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag View Post
In order to have a more effective argument, what is the reasoning for deeming the MP as unbalanced?

How so?
I am not trying to have an argument, just stating my opinion. MP's premise was amazing and had me drooling after I played the BETA, little did I know the horrid balance issues will make the game a chore.

The game tries to emulate Battlefield but the team-work elements don't quite work out. Put simply, even a single person with a good weapon can wreck havoc thus making the whole idea of "work like a team" irreverent.

The gameplay as a whole feels sloppy, the crisp weapon implantation of Counter Strike and Call of Duty games is missing. Yes, I know I should judge the game on its own merits but as a whole, movement and aim feel slow and sloppy - not responsive and crisp as they should.

The maps are huge...so huge infact that it literally becomes a camper fest within a few mins. The first person to score few kills will buy Gauss or Sniper Rifle, pick a spot and then spawn camp. If he's a smart arse, he'll get a Tank with repair torch and basically vehicle rape the other team.

If you just joined or lack enough prestige, you have no other option but to get nailed by the Tank or APC that is polite enough to camp the bunker. The serious balance issues will obviously put off any new comers and even piss off the recent players that joined the server.

In a game like Quake Wars, for example, even a Pistol can damage big vehicles, but thats not the case in Wars. By default the game gives you no weapon to even counter the spawn rape, nor do you have any protection for it.

Another major issue is Base Rape. Base defenses can easily be taken down and if you're against arsehole players in Power Struggle, they'll chuck capping Energy Sites and just spawn rape you until you quit. I brought a Chopper but as soon as it was spawned, a Gauss Tank camping around my base, way up, was kind enough to blow it to hell.

The thing is, Crytek tried to basically make Crysis MP a rendition of Battlefield series, and seemingly, while they did get some good things, they also transitioned all the flaws that plague BF games.

Fact of the matter is, I don't have anything against Crytek or Crysis or its Multiplayer, but when you look at the thing as a whole, you clearly have much better offerings available. The multiplayer, aside from some cool weapons, lacks the depth or appeal to retain a hardcore playerbase. The skill ceiling here starts and ends with camping and planting Claymores. And thats amazingly frustrating because clearly the game has great potential. Its just sad it never really gets utilized.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 03:18 PM   #28
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption
 
J-Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
I am not trying to have an argument, just stating my opinion. MP's premise was amazing and had me drooling after I played the BETA, little did I know the horrid balance issues will make the game a chore.
Cool by me. I didn't mean to imply that you were being argumentative, just wanted more of your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
The game tries to emulate Battlefield but the team-work elements don't quite work out. Put simply, even a single person with a good weapon can wreck havoc thus making the whole idea of "work like a team" irreverent.
While it's true that a player will have significant advantages when vehicle borne or well armed, I don't think either negates teamwork. Sometimes it even forces the opposition to stick together. Anyway, you can always join an Instant Action server where weapons and vehicles are freely available to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
The gameplay as a whole feels sloppy, the crisp weapon implantation of Counter Strike and Call of Duty games is missing. Yes, I know I should judge the game on its own merits but as a whole, movement and aim feel slow and sloppy - not responsive and crisp as they should.
I agree and corridor purists will always prefer CS and CoD over the field type games. Do you think it feels more sloppy than the battlefields?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
The maps are huge...so huge infact that it literally becomes a camper fest within a few mins. The first person to score few kills will buy Gauss or Sniper Rifle, pick a spot and then spawn camp. If he's a smart arse, he'll get a Tank with repair torch and basically vehicle rape the other team.
There are many smaller maps that are infantry only and do not benefit the sniper at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
If you just joined or lack enough prestige, you have no other option but to get nailed by the Tank or APC that is polite enough to camp the bunker. The serious balance issues will obviously put off any new comers and even piss off the recent players that joined the server.
Again, there's always the team instant action maps, if an individual can't handle getting owned for the first few rounds. I too was initially irritated by unilateral domination, but have consistently found new tactics to overcome superior firepower. Also, some servers have upped the mine limit, so that it's easier for low prestige players to hold an objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
In a game like Quake Wars, for example, even a Pistol can damage big vehicles, but thats not the case in Wars. By default the game gives you no weapon to even counter the spawn rape, nor do you have any protection for it.
This may be a misconception that you have coming from original Crysis. In Crysis Wars you can damage armored vehicles by hitting their weakpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
Another major issue is Base Rape. Base defenses can easily be taken down and if you're against arsehole players in Power Struggle, they'll chuck capping Energy Sites and just spawn rape you until you quit. I brought a Chopper but as soon as it was spawned, a Gauss Tank camping around my base, way up, was kind enough to blow it to hell.
Some servers make the base defenses impervious to damage. Even then I agree it can be frustrating for chopper pilots when there are gauss tanks around, but I think imbalance more often comes from air superiority so it's nice to have multiple counters to that threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
The thing is, Crytek tried to basically make Crysis MP a rendition of Battlefield series, and seemingly, while they did get some good things, they also transitioned all the flaws that plague BF games.
Yeah, I place Crysis Wars in the same category as the BF series. Do you tend to prefer to CoD, CS, TF type games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
Fact of the matter is, I don't have anything against Crytek or Crysis or its Multiplayer, but when you look at the thing as a whole, you clearly have much better offerings available. The multiplayer, aside from some cool weapons, lacks the depth or appeal to retain a hardcore playerbase.
I have been playing for about a year or so on and off and I am still finding new things out about the game, like the capability to freeze mines... Admittedly, it's easy to miss the depth if one aspect of the game creates frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
The skill ceiling here starts and ends with camping and planting Claymores. And thats amazingly frustrating because clearly the game has great potential. Its just sad it never really gets utilized.
Claymores seem to be one of the things that change the most with patch implementations. They are pretty well balanced now, where you can avoid them if you speed or jump through.
Noobs are still easy to bait with them though... Anyway, thanks for the extra detail behind your opinion.

All I know is that I am starting to get really amped up about Mech Warrior living Legends and I hope that your reasons weigh more than performance when it comes to the lack of fan base for Crysis Wars because it looks like MW:LL is going to be even more demanding on hardware.
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 03:49 PM   #29
evox
:3
 
evox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: India
Posts: 2,254
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Well ofcourse there are counter points to my statement. I must say, I haven't played Wars since it came out, so I know I am being a bit presumptuous with my statements. But its alright. The multiplayer was pretty okay for me, but nowadays I just stick to Team Fortress 2. Competitive Team Fortress 2 with friends is quite fun, so is stacking a server with your buddies and just shooting some sheet.

And, to be honest, I did alot of the "arsehole" things in Crysis. Me and a friend used to stack up and base-rape/spawn-rape with VTOLs, ofcourse it wasn't much fun when we were at the receiving end of it.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say MP is a bad game, its just that when you compare it to the offerings, its not terribly appealing. And thats quite evident from the rather low playerbase. One of the most annoying things for me, in the original Crysis MP, was the constant kick outs by PunkBuster. I was unable to play the game half the time because PB was too nice to kick me out since I had X-Fire running.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 03:52 PM   #30
evox
:3
 
evox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: India
Posts: 2,254
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Another thing, I would actually place Crysis MP above Battlefield. Even if its because of its technical superiority. I thought the aiming and weapon implantation of BF2/2142 was pretty crap. Vietnam and 1942's movement almost felt fluid compared to the latter titles.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 05:23 PM   #31
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption
 
J-Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
One of the most annoying things for me, in the original Crysis MP, was the constant kick outs by PunkBuster. I was unable to play the game half the time because PB was too nice to kick me out since I had X-Fire running.
Yeah, I don't even play on PB servers anymore. Moderation by an actual human is the only real way to prevent flagrant cheats anyway...
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 08:41 AM   #32
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Crysis is one of THE most over-hyped games ever. Graphically, yes, it looks beautiful. Gameplay wise, it was boring. Terrible story. That's where and WHY consoles are winning over people. They could care less about the graphics as long as the story rocks. Most times, it does.
I agree. The hype really killed this game IMO, it's still raping my PC. The graphics are pretty good no doubt, but the fun factor wears off quickly. Crysis Wars was pretty fun for a month or so.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-09, 08:53 AM   #33
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

I just never got into Crysis as a whole, I didn't like the SP and with that notion I never gave the MP much of a shot. I still prefer close battle MP games to massive open world ones because I hate cheap **** like snipers hitting you from miles away.

Thats why I love games like TF2 and CS:S because sure someone can have a sniper rifle but if your good you can get to him aswell, hes never too over powered that the game becomes boring which happens with alot of open world games.

Then there are the vehicles... every open world MP game makes them way to powerful. in BF series you were just a speed bump to anyone in a vehicle and god forbid they have a plane... then your just ****ed.

But thats just my opinion, never liked the larger scale battles. Always liked the closer face to face battles. Man I LOVE CS:S Office... one of the best maps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 12:47 PM   #34
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption
 
J-Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Thats why I love games like TF2 and CS:S because sure someone can have a sniper rifle but if your good you can get to him aswell, hes never too over powered that the game becomes boring which happens with alot of open world games.
Yeah, I suspected that old school purists would never really get into Crysis Wars because of its similarities to the battlefield type games. However, I still think that Crysis is far superior to the fields in this regard because there are a variety of ways to avoid sniper fire: foliage, cloaking and speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Then there are the vehicles... every open world MP game makes them way to powerful. in BF series you were just a speed bump to anyone in a vehicle and god forbid they have a plane... then your just ****ed.
Yeah, but in the BF series it was hard to retaliate because you aren't necessarily guaranteed a vehicle if other players are whoring it up. At least with Crysis wars you can just buy your own and even when playing instant action there's almost never a time when I can't find armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
But thats just my opinion, never liked the larger scale battles. Always liked the closer face to face battles. Man I LOVE CS:S Office... one of the best maps.
Just curious, but have you ever tried the smaller maps in Crysis Wars that are infantry only?
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 12:52 PM   #35
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,365
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

Then there are the vehicles... every open world MP game makes them way to powerful. in BF series you were just a speed bump to anyone in a vehicle and god forbid they have a plane... then your just ****ed.
i know because in real life vehicles are less powerful. they just bounce of people.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 12:59 PM   #36
JohnDio
Registered User
 
JohnDio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,026
Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Crysis + Rygel's Textures + Extreme Quality 1.34 + Advanced AI = Amazing

And it will be even better when the Advanced Particles Mod will be compatible with the Advanced AI and when jmanrob releases his custom TODs
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crysis 3 preview News Gaming Headlines 0 06-16-12 07:20 AM
Star Wars 1313 running on Unreal Engine 3 on PC at E3, will be linear and light on Je News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 06-08-12 05:20 AM
Crysis 3 E3 trailer features Psycho, Prophet, slow-mo nano bow News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 06-05-12 07:00 AM
Now Available - Crysis 2 Maximum Edition News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 05-29-12 05:30 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.