Old 01-26-09, 04:57 PM   #13
Koko56

Default Re: Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark

Ooooooooooooooooo

The models look very good.
Old 01-26-09, 08:04 PM   #14
Scendore

I believe there are mods for it already. Since it's based upon an updated LOMAC engine it shouldnt be long before we see tweaks. I also understand that ED from DCS is going to try and make it easier for folks to do things for the sim.

So far the Sim is pretty rock solid and they are going to add quite a bit to it over time including a completely new Graphics Engine. This go around was to get everything in place for a ground pounding game.
Scendore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 08:19 PM   #15
Destroy

Good lord, just watched the startup procedure on Youtube. That is totally insane hardcore! Hell, it would take me 4 hours just to figure out how to get it off the ground with out blowing it up.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 11:02 PM   #16
Amuro
Newtype Ace

ED will be releasing more aircraft modules in the future. Next one I believe will the AH64 Apache. Black Shark vs Apache in head-to-head multiplayer should be very fun. I also heard that the A-10A and F-16C are also being developed.

BTW, I use a script downloaded from the official forums to set affinity for all 8 threads. Works pretty good for now. I just wish the game engine would take advantage of multi-GPU setup. Right now I have to set SLI mode to Single.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 06:24 AM   #17
Blade
It's just a ride....

It works but it's a ***** to configure, DCS forums have info but i cant be arsed to faff about with it, hopefully patches will make it easier.
Old 01-27-09, 08:21 AM   #18
Bearclaw

Wow, haven't even heard of this until now. This looks like a cool flight sim. I am not that big into heli's but I might give it a go.

I'd be interested what my new quad system would get with it.
Old 01-27-09, 08:32 AM   #19
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I worked with those guides but still no luck. I guess my main problem is that my secondary display has the higher resolution...
Same thing here. It doesn't seem to work.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 10:32 AM   #20
Blade
It's just a ride....

Sticky? seeing as this is generating lots of interest?

Old 01-27-09, 10:35 AM   #21
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Sticky? seeing as this is generating lots of interest?
Eh, I would wait a while. Maybe once the FS thead is done being active due to the series being cancelled...
Old 01-27-09, 02:10 PM   #22
Scendore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro View Post
ED will be releasing more aircraft modules in the future. Next one I believe will the AH64 Apache. Black Shark vs Apache in head-to-head multiplayer should be very fun. I also heard that the A-10A and F-16C are also being developed.

BTW, I use a script downloaded from the official forums to set affinity for all 8 threads. Works pretty good for now. I just wish the game engine would take advantage of multi-GPU setup. Right now I have to set SLI mode to Single.

I have it running with SLI and it works fine... It doesn't really use multiple cores all that well in XP. The testing and reports I've seen is guys who set the process affinity in Vista actually get it to run as fast as guys using it in XP. I think the game likes XP a little better given the age of the engine. Give it some time they will fix it and of course multi core is the way to go.

Also the A-10 I think is slated to be first in line for release. We will see.

I just like the fact folks are interested.
Old 01-27-09, 04:40 PM   #23
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Eh, I would wait a while. Maybe once the FS thead is done being active due to the series being cancelled...
I think FSX has at least another 3 years in it to be honest,After Sp2 (and all its bugs)got pushed out Aces pretty much abanndoned FSX support wise so it not like any 3rd party dev's are gonna miss out on support they never provided,i just hope that the source somehow makes it out so the community can expand the core engine and get some more functions onto the GPU (id love to see autogen move to the GPU 1000 of trees & buildings rendered without the massive hit its take atm being on the CPU)

Cant seem to find BlackShark anywhere here in the UK atm......Oh well maybe they'll be a patch or 2 out by the time i can pick it up locally
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 06:41 PM   #24
Scendore

There is an English download that's been out since November.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/