Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-09, 10:11 AM   #661
cehoyos
FFmpeg developer

Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Thanks! I got past my can't-find-vdpau.h compile error by (1) installing package xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-devel and (2) modifying the generated config.mak to look like:
Code:
EXTRA_INC = -I/usr/include/nvidia -I.  -Ilibdvdread4 -Ilibdvdnav
You should have read the complete output of mplayer's configure: It warns not to mess around with config.*

Please try --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/nvidia

Carl Eugen

Last edited by cehoyos; 01-28-09 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Trying to find out how to quote
cehoyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 10:11 AM   #662
NSLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnj View Post
Thanks! I got past my can't-find-vdpau.h compile error by (1) installing package xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-devel and (2) modifying the generated config.mak to look like:
Code:
Now I get
Code:
vdpauvideo.c:142: error: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode
Is gcc-4.3.2 too new?
If you would install NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.25-pkg1.run and not the driver from rpmfusion, then there would be no problem with compilation of mplayer-vdpau. I did so and I'm satisfied.
NSLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 10:54 AM   #663
Stephen Warren

Quote:
Code:
Now I get
Code:
Is gcc-4.3.2 too new?
Can you report the issue of the headers being in the wrong location to whoever you got your package from, please. VDPAU headers must be in /usr/include/vdpau and nowhere else.

(Note: VDPAU headers are now, or soon to be, part of the Xorg source tree, and so the headers are a standard part of X, i.e. not NVIDIA-specific)

Thanks.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 10:56 AM   #664
Stephen Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
Are ypu sure?
I have two screens connected, one is 50Hz (projector) the other 60Hz (17" screen)
$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
$ glxgears
251 frames in 5.0 seconds = 50.022 FPS
$ export DISPLAY=:0.1
$ glxgears
303 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.465 FPS

Seems sync to vblank is dependant on the screen used...
It looks like I was wrong. I was confusing Xv's sync-to-VBLANK feature where you have to choose the monitor to sync to, with OpenGL's sync-to-VBLANK feature, which is evidently much more intelligent, and does the correct thing.
Old 01-28-09, 10:59 AM   #665
Stephen Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6s View Post
when it crashes, I often see that error on terminal
Error 2 at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:1052: 0.000 0/ 0 2% 0% 0.3% 4 0

sometimes I can't even check terminal error msgs as the crash just...hangs the system and I have to reset the computer...
Can you supply a download link to the samples that aren't working. We'll try to investigate the problem. Thanks.
Old 01-28-09, 12:06 PM   #666
fnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
Can you report the issue of the headers being in the wrong location to whoever you got your package from, please. VDPAU headers must be in /usr/include/vdpau and nowhere else.

(Note: VDPAU headers are now, or soon to be, part of the Xorg source tree, and so the headers are a standard part of X, i.e. not NVIDIA-specific)

Thanks.
Will do. I did finally get the whole thing to build, but there were issues such as no sound in the resulting exe. There were vdpau lib issues which I will also report (missing symlink and I had to add a -L to the link line), and I had to add a -std=gnu99 CFLAG as well (gcc version 4.3.2 20081105 (Red Hat 4.3.2-7) (GCC)). Rather than keep beating on it, I will either wait til the rpmfusion nvidia package gets stabilized, or revert to using 180.25 direct from nvidia.
fnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 12:36 PM   #667
cehoyos
FFmpeg developer

Quote:
Will do. I did finally get the whole thing to build, but there were issues such as no sound in the resulting exe. There were vdpau lib issues which I will also report (missing symlink and I had to add a -L to the link line), and I had to add a -std=gnu99 CFLAG as well (gcc version 4.3.2 20081105 (Red Hat 4.3.2-7) (GCC)). Rather than keep beating on it, I will either wait til the rpmfusion nvidia package gets stabilized, or revert to using 180.25 direct from nvidia.
I'm still curious why you had to add std=gnu99. The only reason it is not added automatically is if you use icc (which doesn't need it).
How did ./configure --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/nvidia && make fail?
Old 01-28-09, 01:10 PM   #668
fnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehoyos View Post
I'm still curious why you had to add std=gnu99. The only reason it is not added automatically is if you use icc (which doesn't need it).
How did ./configure --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/nvidia && make fail?
1) Running the above in a directory which checkout-patch-build.sh has already created and failed results in a working mplayer but without vdpau support.

2) Modifying checkout-patch-build.sh to include --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/nvidia in the configure line causes the build to stop at:
Code:
3) Modifying config.mak to include -std=gnu99 in both CFLAGS and OPTFLAGS and then running "make clean && make" causes everything (including vdpau) to compile successfully and the link fails with:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvdpau
4) Then modifying config.mak again to add -L/usr/lib64/nvidia and then running "make" results in a working mplayer with vdpau but no sound.
fnj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-09, 02:11 PM   #669
cehoyos
FFmpeg developer

Quote:
1) Running the above in a directory which checkout-patch-build.sh has already created and failed results in a working mplayer but without vdpau support.
What about ./configure --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/nvidia --with-extralibdir=/usr/lib64/nvidia ?
If that does not work, could you post configure.log? I ask because I suspect a bug in configure.

Thank you.
Old 01-28-09, 02:27 PM   #670
TarrasQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSLW View Post
If you would install NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.25-pkg1.run and not the driver from rpmfusion, then there would be no problem with compilation of mplayer-vdpau. I did so and I'm satisfied.
Hrrrrr... I used to use those for years, but I'm never going to go back to that path again. If it's really needed, I can wait for a packaged solution. Nice to know anyway that this can be done.
Old 01-28-09, 03:47 PM   #671
p6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
Can you supply a download link to the samples that aren't working. We'll try to investigate the problem. Thanks.
Sure.
http://www.mediafire.com/?molymgf3pug

The sample is the first 30sec of the 720p file. crashes a bit before the 10sec mark.(logs/errors already listed/attached few posts below)
As I used mkvextractgui, I sliced file in dozens of portions and the curious thing is all the other parts seem to work flawlessly, only that first section systematically crashes...

I retried with the 1080i .ts capture, and this seems to be a different problem already identified here, as I have a bunch of warnings about max reference frames. so no sample needed for that one I guess, I'll "just" have to modify source lines with tips given on previous pages...
p6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 04:09 PM   #672
sl1pkn07

p6s. your sample video working perfect for me :S
sl1pkn07 is offline   Reply With Quote