Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-09, 06:43 PM   #13
Medion
 
Medion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Barksdale AFB, La
Posts: 1,238
Default Re: 60" Mitsubishi DLP - 3d glasses ready

Quote:
You said to most people, viewing angles matter. Like I said before I have no idea where you came up with that info. I didn't take your words out of context, that is exactly what you said.
Right. I didn't, however, say that it mattered MOST. That's where you put words into my mouth. I simply stated that viewing angles was one area where LCDs had an advantage over DLP.

Quote:
I figured you would have no proof that LCD provides a better picture at the same screen size. That is your opinion yet you are stating your opinion like it's a fact that all LCDs are better looking than DLPs which is of course false.
Of course you're 22 inch LCD would look great, it's hiding any artifacting or anomalies in that small screen size. Hell even SD on Directv would probably almost look HD on that little of a screen. Compare a good DLP set against a good LCD set of the same size like you said before and then give me proof that it the LCD will always provide a better picture.
Huh? you completely took that out of context. Please, re-read what I said on that subject. I'll give you a chance to correct yourself. No point in me retyping what I already typed.

Quote:
Last thing if you don't see that people are being led to LCD because of the "cool" thinness factor then I don't know what to tell you. Most people have no idea what to look for in a tv but they just know that a thin tv is "cool"
I couldn't care less the reasons why others buy a tv. You misrepresented DLP as the be-all end-all. I simply clarified that each type (Plasma, LCD, DLP) has strengths and weaknesses over the other, and that certain things should be taken into account when buying them. Due to the fact that you came out wrong in that argument, you keep defaulting to the same tactic, putting words into my mouth.

Notice my use of quotes? I respond to what YOU said. You reform what I said and respond to that. It's kinda messed up.

Imbroglio - Way off, I won't even bother responding to that. Have a nice day.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 08:28 PM   #14
betterdan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 60" Mitsubishi DLP - 3d glasses ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
Right. I didn't, however, say that it mattered MOST. That's where you put words into my mouth. I simply stated that viewing angles was one area where LCDs had an advantage over DLP.
Are you off your meds? You are putting words into my mouth, I never said that you said it mattered most. Show me where I said that, you'll probably find it right next to the place where it says LCDs are sharper than DLPs. (you'll never find either because neither statements exist except in your mind). What you in fact said was as for you and most people viewing angles matter. Did you not say that? What I have repeatedly said is, I have no idea where you came up with that info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
Huh? you completely took that out of context. Please, re-read what I said on that subject. I'll give you a chance to correct yourself. No point in me retyping what I already typed.
Here is what you said on the subject...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
It's all about quality, and LCD provides a better picture at the same screen size.
I merely said you were wrong and to show me proof of your claim that LCD provides a better picture at the same screen size. You didn't and can't support that claim with facts but instead start talking about your little 22 inch LCD which is ignorant to compare to a large DLP. Then you start talking about your 46 inch LCD which you say is sharp and I bet it is but what does that have to do with being better in picture quality than any DLP of the same size? I'll answer it for you before you go off thinking someone is taking your words out of context The answer is : nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
I couldn't care less the reasons why others buy a tv. You misrepresented DLP as the be-all end-all. I simply clarified that each type (Plasma, LCD, DLP) has strengths and weaknesses over the other, and that certain things should be taken into account when buying them. Due to the fact that you came out wrong in that argument, you keep defaulting to the same tactic, putting words into my mouth.
I never said DLP was the be all end all. Of course it isn't. Again show me where I said that (you can't except in that nutty mind of yours. Damn you better get back on those meds) I was merely trying to have you prove your blanket statements that LCD has better picture quality and is sharper than DLPs. If you had said some LCDs are better in those areas than DLP that may be so but to just put a blanket statement out there like that is pretty ridiculous.
Not once did I say DLP was better than LCD. I happen to like DLP and you like LCD which is fine but please don't try to put out any bogus info to people. Lots of people are already having a hard time figuring out the newer tvs without someone coming along and regurgitating crap like your blanket statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
Notice my use of quotes? I respond to what YOU said. You reform what I said and respond to that. It's kinda messed up.
Yes I noticed your use of quotes. Very good medion, I will pick up a box of cookies for you tomorrow on the way home for your good work. I think I'll pick up a box for me and Imbroglio too since we also used quotes. GO US!

As for reforming what you said... what? Again show me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 08:34 PM   #15
betterdan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 60" Mitsubishi DLP - 3d glasses ready

Medion you may want to read this about 120hz and then apologize to Imbroglio for your ignorance on the matter. It is not a judder removal tool.Like Imbroglio stated, it was meant to control motion blur on LCDs.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6792632-1.html
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.