Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-09, 06:01 AM   #1
Kaboon

Default 3 issues with the new 173.14.16 driver

Hi there,

First of all I'd like to mention that I no longer got flickering issues. Thanks a lot for that!

Although I have still a few issues left which I'm not sure about if they are driver or KDE related. Since images say more then a thousand words, here it goes:

Problem 1:

Occasionally icons in the systemtray go berserk. Haven't been able to reproduce this one yet. But I'm wondering if more people have this issue.

Problem 2:

Sometimes a complete window goes black on me. The shot above is from when I tried to compose an e-mail in Kmail. Kwrite and Filezilla also do it for me occasionally. Same as above, I haven't been able to reproduce this one yet. But I'm wondering if more people have this issue.

Problem 3:
Performance issues. In specific, smooth scrolling (Firefox) is slow for me. Slower then 173.14.15 (which was fine, actually). Nothing has changed after the driver got updated. So my suspicion is that the driver somehow is causing this.

I am using Fedora 10, KDE 4.2 from the kde-redhat project and the 173.14.16 from RPM Fusion.

With these 3 things solved, the driver would perfectly work for me. Haven't seen anything strange besides this issues yet.

I'd like to emphasize that I'm not sure if these are driver or KDE related, I'd just like to get them solved. So if anyone has a certain work-around for one of the problems, I'd be happy with that.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (88.6 KB, 80 views)
Kaboon is offline   Reply With Quote