Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-09, 05:24 PM   #673
p6s
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
p6s. your sample video working perfect for me :S
damn, hope I don't have a mobo with "faulty" GPU or something
ah well, I'll have some time this week to try previous drivers/patches, I'll see if it crashes the same...
p6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 05:40 PM   #674
teox99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Italy - Rome
Posts: 56
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Hi! I'm back now with an ASUS EN8400GS SILENT and the trick is done!
mplayer-vdpau-3402051
driver nvidia 180.25
everything works Perfect!
watching (BluRay) VC1 codec is happiness!

Thanks for the Great Job!
teox99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 10:12 PM   #675
fnj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehoyos View Post
What about ./configure --with-extraincdir=/usr/include/nvidia --with-extralibdir=/usr/lib64/nvidia ?
If that does not work, could you post configure.log? I ask because I suspect a bug in configure.

Thank you.
Bingo! That works! Thank you! No spurious -std=gnu99 required. You have the configure knack. I have an 8500GT so VC1 does not work; that's normal, right? Now I'm off to buy the recommended Asus "special" 8400GS card. Which one of the following is the "right" one with the G98, or are both right?

256M http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121240
512M http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121235

(obviously the 512M is the one which is preferable on the face of it)
fnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 11:56 PM   #676
Lost Dog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnj View Post
Bingo! That works! Thank you! No spurious -std=gnu99 required. You have the configure knack. I have an 8500GT so VC1 does not work; that's normal, right? Now I'm off to buy the recommended Asus "special" 8400GS card. Which one of the following is the "right" one with the G98, or are both right?

256M http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121240
512M http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121235

(obviously the 512M is the one which is preferable on the face of it)
I've got my eye on the 512M version myself! One of the reviews stated it's a G98. Does this have the power to do everything needed for bluray/HD?
Lost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 03:19 AM   #677
zoomdoom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

If it is a G98, then yes.

However, lacking BluRay player on Linux means you have to remove the DRM first.
zoomdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 08:25 AM   #678
clarious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 39
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

I have download the patch today and tested it, while it worked with those sample video with impressive result (from 25% CPU usage to ~0%), it crashed with most of my video.

Here are some of the result:

vo_vdpau: get_image failed156 ct: 0.000 0/ 0 19% 92% 0.4% 50 0
[VD_FFMPEG] Only buffers allocated by vo_vdpau allowed.
mplayer: libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.c:1198: vdpau_get_buffer: Assertion `0' failed.
---------------
Error 25 at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:990: 0.016 0/ 0 114% 99% 5.3% 15 0
----------------
vo_vdpau: get_image failed061 ct: -0.001 0/ 0 71% 52% 1.5% 14 0
[VD_FFMPEG] Only buffers allocated by vo_vdpau allowed.
mplayer: libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.c:1198: vdpau_get_buffer: Assertion `0' failed.


(this would become useful if I included it with the video sample, but I don't have a host to upload to now :P)

Also, can we get a wiki page for VDPAU? I really don't like the idea of reading 600 posts
clarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 11:04 AM   #679
quadtree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
I've got my eye on the 512M version myself! One of the reviews stated it's a G98. Does this have the power to do everything needed for bluray/HD?
I've got the 512M version w/ g98. While it supports all the vdpau decoders, including vc-1, be aware that at least for the moment it doesn't have the horsepower to use the higher-quality deinterlacers with 1080i video. That's with mythtv and the 180.25 driver. It could be a driver or application issue, but I suspect the hardware can't manage it.

Other than that, it has played everything I've thrown at it (13.5 Mbps h.264, vc-1, and so on) with ease while still handling the mythtv OSD smoothly.
quadtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 12:04 PM   #680
fnj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadtree View Post
I've got the 512M version w/ g98. While it supports all the vdpau decoders, including vc-1, be aware that at least for the moment it doesn't have the horsepower to use the higher-quality deinterlacers with 1080i video. That's with mythtv and the 180.25 driver. It could be a driver or application issue, but I suspect the hardware can't manage it.

Other than that, it has played everything I've thrown at it (13.5 Mbps h.264, vc-1, and so on) with ease while still handling the mythtv OSD smoothly.
Then am I correct that the one and only video card that is listed as supporting VC-1 with vdpau is too weak to do a proper job with deinterlacing?
fnj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-09, 12:12 PM   #681
Lost Dog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadtree View Post
I've got the 512M version w/ g98. While it supports all the vdpau decoders, including vc-1, be aware that at least for the moment it doesn't have the horsepower to use the higher-quality deinterlacers with 1080i video. That's with mythtv and the 180.25 driver. It could be a driver or application issue, but I suspect the hardware can't manage it.

Other than that, it has played everything I've thrown at it (13.5 Mbps h.264, vc-1, and so on) with ease while still handling the mythtv OSD smoothly.
For $29 after rebate I could not resist the urge to pick one up. Should be here Monday

Have you tried a bluray (or HD-DVD) rip using the internal mythv player? Or do you use mythtv to launch mplayer?
Lost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 12:14 PM   #682
Lost Dog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnj View Post
Then am I correct that the one and only video card that is listed as supporting VC-1 with vdpau is too weak to do a proper job with deinterlacing?
From what I've read it's not powerful enough to do temporal deinterlacing but it's default deinterlacers (at least with mythtv) are much better than the standard non-vdpau bob.
Lost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 05:37 PM   #683
Vorgus
Registered User
 
Vorgus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

There are indications that the 256mb version is the g86 based
Vorgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 06:44 PM   #684
Godlikearg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12
Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Does the current vdpau implementation for mplayer support video filters (e.g. expand)?

If not, is there any plan to support those in the future? If so, when can we expect to have it?

Of course, can't finish this post without saying thank you again guys for your excellent work .
Godlikearg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xorg locks-up with newest nvidia drivers w/ vdpau. theroot NVIDIA Linux 1 06-24-12 12:04 PM
NVIDIA VDPAU Reference Benchmarks News Archived News Items 0 06-11-12 06:30 AM
VDPAU and KDE 4.8 compositing = slow Pie-rate NVIDIA Linux 30 05-23-12 08:07 AM
VDPAU testing tool crisalide NVIDIA Linux 392 04-29-12 07:01 PM
mplayer & xmms problems! replys2me NVIDIA Linux 5 09-06-02 03:34 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.