Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-05-09, 11:11 AM   #49
jusst

Default Re: Xine vdpau announcement

No, that table is just the general extension/codec binding. That is not affecting the actual decoder selection. Does miro have some verbose logging option for xine? If so then please post a dump.
jusst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 01:12 PM   #50
ggking7

miro doesn't have a verbose output option that I can find, but here is a dump of the ouput starting the program, playing an "Iron Man" Blu-Ray remux, and closing the program.
Attached Files
File Type: txt miro.txt (10.3 KB, 589 views)
ggking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 11:38 AM   #51
Lost Dog

What is the latest "preferred" method of compiling xine-vdpau? Is development being done via the svn (svn co svn://jusst.de/xine-vdpau) or patches against xine-lib 1.2?

When using xine-vdpau do the post processing filters work? I'm going to try using this for DVD playback (mythtv launching xine-vdpau).
Lost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 01:01 PM   #52
Stephen Warren

Xine developers,

I believe you said you were working on VC-1 support using VDPAU (I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag there...)

I'm looking for a mechanism to test *interlaced* VC-1 (both frame-coded and especially field-coded pictures, and especially involving intensity compensation and/or range mapping). If xine-vdpau has support for this, it'd be quite useful to me. Unfortunately, ffmpeg doesn't support interlaced VC-1 at all yet.

Thanks for any pointers.
Stephen Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 03:37 PM   #53
jusst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
Xine developers,

I believe you said you were working on VC-1 support using VDPAU (I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag there...)

I'm looking for a mechanism to test *interlaced* VC-1 (both frame-coded and especially field-coded pictures, and especially involving intensity compensation and/or range mapping). If xine-vdpau has support for this, it'd be quite useful to me. Unfortunately, ffmpeg doesn't support interlaced VC-1 at all yet.

Thanks for any pointers.
Stephen,

just get a current svn checkout of xine-vdpau. It does include almost complete VC-1 support. Edit: Interlaced does not yet work. I don't think we have any samples currently. So if you can provide some sample clips this would be of great help as well.
Old 02-07-09, 03:38 PM   #54
jusst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
What is the latest "preferred" method of compiling xine-vdpau? Is development being done via the svn (svn co svn://jusst.de/xine-vdpau) or patches against xine-lib 1.2?

When using xine-vdpau do the post processing filters work? I'm going to try using this for DVD playback (mythtv launching xine-vdpau).
Development is going in in svn branch.
If you mean the xine post plugins by "post processing filters" then no. If you mean the VDPAU post processing options, then yes.
Old 02-07-09, 04:08 PM   #55
Lost Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusst View Post
Development is going in in svn branch.
If you mean the xine post plugins by "post processing filters" then no. If you mean the VDPAU post processing options, then yes.
Excellent... I've just compiled from svn://jusst.de/xine-vdpau and I'm beginning to play around with it down for DVD's and a few 720p rips of House.

What are the VDPAU post processing options? I used to use densiose3d, etc for when playing DVDs.
Lost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 05:45 PM   #56
crisalide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
Xine developers,

Thanks for any pointers.
Hi Stephen,

yes, i'm working on a VC1 decoder, and it mostly already works. It's in xine-vdpau svn.
But no, interlaced is not yet implemented. But it's next line on my todo.
crisalide is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-09, 07:46 PM   #57
jyavenard
MythTV developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisalide View Post
Hi Stephen,

yes, i'm working on a VC1 decoder, and it mostly already works. It's in xine-vdpau svn.
But no, interlaced is not yet implemented. But it's next line on my todo.
Hi

Has anyone had any luck getting Temporal 2X and Temporal Spatial 2X working with HD content with either a 8400gs or a 9400G ?

Currently with mythtv, none of those deinterlacers are usable with those 2 chipsets (which are the only one doing VC-1 decoding).

So wondering if this is an issue with mythtv or the video card themselves...

If xine did it properly, then it would give a way to start.

Thanks
Jean-Yves
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 08:03 PM   #58
crisalide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
Hi

Has anyone had any luck getting Temporal 2X and Temporal Spatial 2X working with HD content with either a 8400gs or a 9400G ?

Currently with mythtv, none of those deinterlacers are usable with those 2 chipsets (which are the only one doing VC-1 decoding).

So wondering if this is an issue with mythtv or the video card themselves...

If xine did it properly, then it would give a way to start.

Thanks
Jean-Yves
As i already said in another thread, yes, temporal 2X on HD works fine on G98 8400GS with xine-vdpau. But this card has not enough power to do temporal_spatial on HD.
Old 02-07-09, 08:18 PM   #59
jyavenard
MythTV developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisalide View Post
As i already said in another thread, yes, temporal 2X on HD works fine on G98 8400GS with xine-vdpau. But this card has not enough power to do temporal_spatial on HD.
Thanks

What command line options do you use to activate a particular deinterlacing ?
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 08:54 PM   #60
crisalide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
Thanks

What command line options do you use to activate a particular deinterlacing ?
In xine-ui, open the Settings dialog and go to the "Video" tab. Deint options are there. Toggle deint with "i".