Default need help buying sparkle gtx 260

hi guys iam just minutes away from finalising the card with the retailers

now he is offering me this card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...le%20gtx%20260

http://www.sparkle.com.tw/News/SP260...SP260+_EN.html

now i have nvr heard of this manufacturer but i think with this link

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...0165&Itemid=34

i think it is a nvidia affliate

now iam in india and i dont have any of the xfx or evga models here this is the only thing available here

i really dnt know much about the technical aspects of the cards as some of u guys but i think this is the latest card which is the best i think iam not sure

any help wld be great if some1 can tell me wether this card will be ok or any problems with the manufacturer or anything else

thnxs for reading and any advice wld be great
paras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 12:15 PM   #2
paras

Default Re: need help buying sparkle gtx 260

1 final qs about the psu coz i have ordered the card which u see above so if u can put some light on this issue i wld be highly oblidged

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817171013

here is the link to my psu now i have ordered the sparkle gtx 260 216 core model as some of u may know coz i made my post earlier

now i wanted to confirm that is my psu good for the card or mayb down the road i will have to upgrade the psu?

some ppl on random forum say thr good then some1 say no thr not that good

can any1 give me a complete outlook or confirm wether it is good or not

any advice will be good

iam not worried coz i think i just want it to manage the card but some ppl have tandancy to scare ppl without any reason
Old 02-21-09, 04:36 PM   #3
boredgunner
NVIDIA/Intel User

That PSU is cutting it close on the +12v line, but you should be okay. COOLER MASTER makes high quality PSU's, but they are not found in the eXtreme power series. If you want quality you'll have to look into the Silent Pro M, Real Power, and UCP series.
boredgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 10:19 PM   #4
paras

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post
That PSU is cutting it close on the +12v line, but you should be okay. COOLER MASTER makes high quality PSU's, but they are not found in the eXtreme power series. If you want quality you'll have to look into the Silent Pro M, Real Power, and UCP series.
thnxs man but i wont have to worry about anything coz i dont wanna buy another 1

will i have to buy another 1?
Old 02-21-09, 10:27 PM   #5
boredgunner
NVIDIA/Intel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras View Post
thnxs man but i wont have to worry about anything coz i dont wanna buy another 1

will i have to buy another 1?
You can try it out, you usually don't have to meet the real standards. I ran my old crappy system (Pentium 4 @ 3.0 ghz, 3 GB DDR2 533 RAM, 8400GS, requires 300W minimum or so) on a no branded 230W PSU just fine. Tomshardware ran an overclocked i7 setup and a pair of GTX 295's on a COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro 850W PSU.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/ssd-ov...iew-31512.html
boredgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 12:11 PM   #6
paras

Quote:
You can try it out, you usually don't have to meet the real standards. I ran my old crappy system (Pentium 4 @ 3.0 ghz, 3 GB DDR2 533 RAM, 8400GS, requires 300W minimum or so) on a no branded 230W PSU just fine. Tomshardware ran an overclocked i7 setup and a pair of GTX 295's on a COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro 850W PSU.

thnxs for the link man

ill just see if anything goes wrong with the psu

i dont think by gods grace anything will go wrong

if anything does ill just change the psu
Old 02-22-09, 06:11 PM   #7
gimme
*BANNED*

Quote:

First of all never EVER trust anything from Tomshardware.com. Second of all while you might be able to get away with a less than sufficient power supply for a little while it still is not recommended for the long run. Problems will eventually arise as you continue to push a PSU past its limits and you risk the potential of taking out your expensive components along with your PSU if it were to ever succumb to its heavy load.
gimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 06:21 PM   #8
gimme
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras View Post
thnxs for the link man

ill just see if anything goes wrong with the psu

i dont think by gods grace anything will go wrong

if anything does ill just change the psu
Paras you are pushing it with that PSU and I will tell you why. First of all it is a dual rail design which is a horrible design for a high powered gaming rig. The reason is that one of the 12v rails will be completely wasted on the CPU alone leaving you with a paultry 18amps on the second 12v rail to power your GPU and any other components.

This is pushing it and I can guarentee you if you overclock even the slightest bit you can expect your system to become unstable and start to shut off due to overloading the second 12v rail.

I have personal experience with this using a similar cooler master PSU with dual 18amp 12v rails but this was with an old AMD system paired up with an overclocked X1900XTX, guess what? the PSU wasnt enough even for this setup! after gaming for more than an hour the PSU would overload and shut my system down.

After doing some research I learned that a Single 12V rail PSU is your best bet for a system with high power draw because everything is shared off of the Single 12v rail and nothing is wasted. Once I replaced the PSU with a high powered Single 12V rail my problems went away.

I would advise you to scrape that PSU and get something that you know you can depend on. Building a nice Gaming PC and skimming on the heart of your build with a Cheap PSU never made sense to my anyway.

This is what I recommend, it has 49amps on a single 12v rail and it will not break your bank.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703005
gimme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-09, 10:11 PM   #9
paras

ok gimme but i will stick with this coz most users have told me the psu is fine

down the road if i feel like going up ill change and also i wnt oc even to slight so i shld be fine

thnxs for the advice