Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-25-09, 11:58 AM   #13
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Default Re: need urgent help with gtx 260

Strange problem and I had a similiar, have you get the Memory enough voltage and the MCH aka Northbridge.

On my P-45 DS3R i went nuts when I get it, nothing was stable and when I tried with just one mem stick, 2 GB it would work but as soon as I added the other 2GB stick it wouldent even boot sometimes and it hang upon say unrar or start a game. Then I found out that you must give the Northbrige more voltage then Bios default and voila, problem solved. And all this problem was without even overclock the Q6600!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 12:18 PM   #14
paras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
Strange problem and I had a similiar, have you get the Memory enough voltage and the MCH aka Northbridge.

On my P-45 DS3R i went nuts when I get it, nothing was stable and when I tried with just one mem stick, 2 GB it would work but as soon as I added the other 2GB stick it wouldent even boot sometimes and it hang upon say unrar or start a game. Then I found out that you must give the Northbrige more voltage then Bios default and voila, problem solved. And all this problem was without even overclock the Q6600!
but dude if that was the problem how can the system work flawless for 2 days and then all of a sudden this?

i think its card but if u think its a northbridge thing ill talk with my retailer

any more advice on this northbrigde issue?
paras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 01:12 PM   #15
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Aah okey I see and sorry it was just a thought and it sound that it shouldent be the Northbridge when everything has worked before. yeeah probably it's a faulty card, that sound more like it!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 08:26 AM   #16
gimma
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras View Post
but dude if that was the problem how can the system work flawless for 2 days and then all of a sudden this?

i think its card but if u think its a northbridge thing ill talk with my retailer

any more advice on this northbrigde issue?

Bro, its your PSU. I tried to warn you of this and I told you that no one else would even have a clue because most people dont understand that a Dual Rail PSU is the worst choice of PSU's for a system with high power draw.

What you are describing is an overloading on that second 12v Rail because there are not enough amps to suffice. One of your 12v Rails ends up being entirely wasted on the CPU alone leaving you with a meager 18amps for your Video card and whatever else is drawing power from the same rail.

Your simply cutting it to close and the PSU is breaking down on you slowly but surely just as I said it would.

A nice high powered single 12v rail PSU is the best choice because all of your components draw amps from the same rail and nothing is wasted.
gimma is offline   Reply With Quote