Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-26-09, 08:04 PM   #13
trivium nate

Default Re: What is your play style in Crysis

i usually play diff every time but usually its guns blazing!
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 09:16 PM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by proliferazor View Post
open world is the new 3d
God I hope not... not every game should be open, as Farcry 2 should show. There is a lot to be said for linear experiences, as the success and love for games like Call of Duty, Dead Space and Crysis shows.

Quote:
game play matters more to me than graphics, crysis is a point click shoot copy paste with a gimmicky suit layer added on, IMO it gets way to much credit as a good game just cause it looks good.
From your list and this comment it seems like you just don't enjoy linear shooters, which is fine, but a lot of people do. Since Crysis was always billed as a hardcore but rather normal PC FPS, one wonders why you bought it in the first place. You're like that IGN reviewer who gave Football Manager '09 a low score simply because he disliked the genre and gameplay style.

Quote:
Btw I just installed crysis and with my rig 295gtx 4g ram and 3.44 Q6600 its NOT playable on max settings
Then you're doing it wrong, as my 260 maxes the game with 4xAA and 16xAF forced through the control panel (DX9).
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 10:25 PM   #15
proliferazor
this won't hurt a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
God I hope not... not every game should be open, as Farcry 2 should show. There is a lot to be said for linear experiences, as the success and love for games like Call of Duty, Dead Space and Crysis shows.

From your list and this comment it seems like you just don't enjoy linear shooters, which is fine, but a lot of people do. Since Crysis was always billed as a hardcore but rather normal PC FPS, one wonders why you bought it in the first place. You're like that IGN reviewer who gave Football Manager '09 a low score simply because he disliked the genre and gameplay style.

Then you're doing it wrong, as my 260 maxes the game with 4xAA and 16xAF forced through the control panel (DX9).
every game should push the envelope of the genre or theres no point in the game (its technology), whether it be story, control, graphics, gameplay, interactions, ai ect ect, I'm saying crysis only pushed graphics while gameplay, ai, and other areas are just typical shooter quality. Yet people defend the game at all cost like you are. Its called fanboy.

dx10 is max, I liked deadspace, farcry 2 sucked balls

plz im nothing like that reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Then you're doing it wrong
based on what information? lol smells like a troll in here

anyways i didn't mean to hijack the thread...
proliferazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 09:48 AM   #16
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
every game should push the envelope of the genre or theres no point in the game (its technology), whether it be story, control, graphics, gameplay, interactions, ai ect ect, I'm saying crysis only pushed graphics while gameplay, ai, and other areas are just typical shooter quality. Yet people defend the game at all cost like you are. Its called fanboy.
It's called liking shooters, whether they innovate or not, as long as they are well made, and Crysis is extremely well made.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 09:56 AM   #17
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:

dx10 is max, I liked deadspace, farcry 2 sucked balls

plz im nothing like that reviewer

based on what information? lol smells like a troll in here

anyways i didn't mean to hijack the thread...
That's what I was talking about in other topic. You can't say that Crysis is great game because you're gonna be called fanboy.
Old 02-27-09, 02:38 PM   #18
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Depends on the day (and hence my mood) and the enemy and the location.

I've found I can simply run past a number of enemies and they only chase me so far. Or I can just strength jump to locations out of reach and there you go.

On some coastline levels, there are small islands in the bay and I have swam out to those and gone from one to the other till I get to my target without engaging a single ground troop
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote