Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-26-09, 11:52 AM   #625
Badboy_12345

Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Well just re-installed, took around 1 hour to download & install the updates lol BUT wow the game is 10x better than release, the game has been re-optimized well, runs smoother(im actually playing with higher gfx settings than i was before and its still smooth, looks great) .... the characters classes have been balanced alot more, the XP PvP leveling has been implemented properly & alot of the bugs/quest bugs have gone, theres new areas added, more items ... im well impressed, if you look around the net about how this game is NOW you will see very good reviews, i must say im well impressed & im again hooked lol, thought i would start fresh, started a new character on the Fury PvP server(kind of a personal re-launch lol).

Anybody who liked this game before but got stick of all the buggs, unbalanced classes, choppiness, lack of items and so on i urge you to give it a re-try, the game is a blast NOW, if Funcom had waited that extra few months to get the game as it in now at re-launch i guarantee the game wouldent have had that drop of players, people are slowly comming back though and those that hated it before love it now!
Are the items still completely useless?
The stats on all the items at launch were mind blowingly sucky.
Had a lvl 80 HoX before I quit.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 07:51 PM   #626
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Well for a blue drop for my barb, one of my light armor - I get like 0.2% damage deflection...which is kinda useless. So to answer your question...stats for semi rare and rare drops needs to be re-thought and done.

They should have a system where the armor would provide damage deflection say 5% as combined total of all stats etc. But I think they are not concerned about that right now.

HoX pretty much rule these days along with ToS! Seriously no one comes close to these for DPS if feated correctly.

a ToS can even one shot some classes
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 04:27 PM   #627
jcossin
-=> Indy <=-

Well after playing for a couple of weeks, I think the game is fun but I'm disappointed into how seldom I run into other players in the game. I'm grinding through PVE content and I'm at level 27 and I've run into less than a dozen other real people in the game! Funcom may have done a server merge but it seems like they need another one!!

If it continues like this, I'll definitely go back to Lord of the Rings Online. There were always a ton of people around to group up with on that one. I'm still enjoying playing it as a single player RPG but I won't pay $14 a month for a single player game... I'd just as soon play The Witcher again or pick up Drakensang for a single player experience.

That does bring up one gripe I have with the game. The spotty voice acting. Sometimes characters are voiced when you interact with them and sometimes they aren't. Makes it feel VERY strange when you interact with non voiced characters as it seems like they are mute or something... They should have went all or nothing on the voice...

http://www.greetingcardsgirl.com - Check out the weekly Free Sale list posted every Sunday.

Asus G71Gx Laptop
nVidia 260m GTX 1GB DDR3
Intel Core2Duo P8700 (2.53GHz)
6GB 800MHz DDR2
64GB Corsair Xtreme SSD
500GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
17" 1440 x 900 WXGA+ LCD
Windows 7 64-bit
jcossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 05:32 PM   #628
Tr1cK
not coming back

It's a dead MMO, what do you expect? The developers drug their feet and promised up a bunch in which they didn't deliver.

There are 3 worth playing right now and this is not one of them. LOTRO, WoW, and WAR are the only good ones.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 09:01 PM   #629
MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcossin View Post
Well after playing for a couple of weeks, I think the game is fun but I'm disappointed into how seldom I run into other players in the game. I'm grinding through PVE content and I'm at level 27 and I've run into less than a dozen other real people in the game! Funcom may have done a server merge but it seems like they need another one!!

If it continues like this, I'll definitely go back to Lord of the Rings Online. There were always a ton of people around to group up with on that one. I'm still enjoying playing it as a single player RPG but I won't pay $14 a month for a single player game... I'd just as soon play The Witcher again or pick up Drakensang for a single player experience.

That does bring up one gripe I have with the game. The spotty voice acting. Sometimes characters are voiced when you interact with them and sometimes they aren't. Makes it feel VERY strange when you interact with non voiced characters as it seems like they are mute or something... They should have went all or nothing on the voice...
What server are you on?

If on Wicanna, look me up as Muyaman (lvl 80 Barb), Muyan (Lvl 71 Guardian), Muyaz (Lvl 42 Bear Shaman), Muyatos (Lvl 34 Temple of Set) or Muyazconq (Gimp conq)

Then again, I am on HKG time evenings Still we have a fair few players looking for groups etc / Raids / progression group quests or grinds
Corsair 600T Case
Old 03-09-09, 09:01 PM   #630
MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
It's a dead MMO, what do you expect? The developers drug their feet and promised up a bunch in which they didn't deliver.

There are 3 worth playing right now and this is not one of them. LOTRO, WoW, and WAR are the only good ones.
Its not quite dead. Worth playing is an individual opinion. I like it still! The first MMO i got on and enjoying it so far.
Corsair 600T Case
Old 03-10-09, 02:47 AM   #631
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
Well for a blue drop for my barb, one of my light armor - I get like 0.2% damage deflection...which is kinda useless. So to answer your question...stats for semi rare and rare drops needs to be re-thought and done.

They should have a system where the armor would provide damage deflection say 5% as combined total of all stats etc. But I think they are not concerned about that right now.

HoX pretty much rule these days along with ToS! Seriously no one comes close to these for DPS if feated correctly.

a ToS can even one shot some classes

HoX ruled when I started also
Old 03-10-09, 02:53 AM   #632
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
QFT
I want a sci fi mmo to get big
There is none. Hope the rumors around blizzards new mmo is true

Old 03-10-09, 03:50 AM   #633
MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345 View Post
HoX ruled when I started also
They still do!
Corsair 600T Case
Old 03-10-09, 07:38 AM   #634
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
QFT
I want a sci fi mmo to get big
There is none. Hope the rumors around blizzards new mmo is true
What have you heard?
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 05:30 PM   #635
yehuda

Quote:
Are the items still completely useless?
The stats on all the items at launch were mind blowingly sucky.
Had a lvl 80 HoX before I quit.
Next big patch is focused around stats, so hopefully this will change.

Seems like DX10 is almost ready, and looks really nice. Especially now that they added real 3d grass.

I play on the european servers, and it's seems like there are at least as many players as in launch.
yehuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 06:07 PM   #636
jcossin
-=> Indy <=-

Yeah I think the main player base of this game must not be in the US.

On the server I'm on I rarely run across another real person and when I do they seem to be in a timezone outside of US.

I think even the forums show this, if you look at the Age of Conan US forums compared to the Europe forums, BIG difference in traffic.

I was enjoying the game as a solo experience up to level 38 when I went to Poitain. In Poitain I *constantly* crash. I hard lock with a solid color screen and screeching/looping sound. I have tried upgrading/downgrading my nVidia drivers as well as trying the game under Windows 7 beta and the same lockup occurs. I can play for hours on end in other areas but I lock in Poitain everytime.

The frustrating part is I want to contact Funcom for tech support and they seem to have no way to file a ticket or contact them. I have posted the tech issue in the forums and of course no one responds because the forum use (US) is so low.

So I'm probably giving up on this game this week and going back to LOTRO. It was kind of fun while it lasted but overall no more fun than my brief stint on Asheron's Call 2 or Star Wars Galaxies. The real fun factor seems to be lacking, probably because of lack of other players just like AC2 and SWG when I tried them.

The best MMOs I've played so far are Dark Age of Camelot, WoW and LOTRO so it's back to LOTRO for now...

http://www.greetingcardsgirl.com - Check out the weekly Free Sale list posted every Sunday.

Asus G71Gx Laptop
nVidia 260m GTX 1GB DDR3
Intel Core2Duo P8700 (2.53GHz)
6GB 800MHz DDR2
64GB Corsair Xtreme SSD
500GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
17" 1440 x 900 WXGA+ LCD
Windows 7 64-bit
jcossin is offline   Reply With Quote