Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-27-09, 06:04 AM   #13
Koko56

Default Re: Help with RMA...

Pictures:

Also - wysiwyg - I have not actually used any of those mice at all, just clicked them as I took them out of the box.

Another "update":

The latest e-mail suggests that I send it out to the USA as the testing of the latest mouse was done in the EU office and has... passed. So... send it to the USA and receive feedback from them...

Just a note - I had a look at the shipping costs with UPS and it came to about 60. Great!

I guess the only options are ECS or sending it to the USA, if I can get cheaper shipping that is!
Old 02-27-09, 09:11 AM   #14
wysiwyg

what about Airshure at Royal mail

i was scared to use them when i sent my GTX280 to evga step up as I have had many packages go missing meant for me with royal mail but the card got there fine
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 04:13 PM   #15
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post

i was scared to use them when i sent my GTX280 to evga step up as I have had many packages go missing meant for me with royal mail but the card got there fine
Hmmm.. that would make it around 10.

Nay, ECS it might have to be I guess.
Old 02-28-09, 02:32 AM   #16
AthlonXP1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post

I used Airsure when I send faulty BFG Geforce 6800GT OC to BFG years ago with no problem, fantastic fast service.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-09, 04:28 PM   #17
Koko56

A little update I guess: I've decided to leave it.

I had the original mouse for almost two years and it was a very good mouse while I had it.

Now I have 3 semi-working mice - will try to take them apart and see if anything can be done. After all, I sent an e-mail to Razer "do you want your broken mice back" and got one saying "No, you need not send the mice back to us. Thank you.".

Thought just thinking about that... how can they just leave me with whole three "working" mice?

Old 03-11-09, 04:29 PM   #18
Koko56

A little update I guess: I've decided to leave it.

I had the original mouse for almost two years and it was a very good mouse while I had it.

Now I have 3 semi-working mice - will try to take them apart and see if anything can be done. After all, I sent an e-mail to Razer "do you want your broken mice back" and got one saying "No, you need not send the mice back to us. Thank you.".

Thought just thinking about that... how can they just leave me with whole three... "working" mice?

Ehhh....
Old 03-19-09, 09:43 AM   #19
Koko56

Hi...

I though "why not and plug the mouse in?" (the one in the best condition, or mouse number 3), so I did and now it's being used as a mouse. The RMB is lacking crispness and I could say that the LMB is also a bit... "not crisp". The mouse wheel click is quite a bit louder than normal. Just about all of the buttons just feel "stale" and I'm not too sure if I will keep using it for too long.

Razer Copperhead is a very good mouse, exceptional even, though now even if I want to buy a new one - my confidence is dented - as in whether I would get one of quality I expect, or a similar mouse to the one plugged into my computer now, that has been sent out as a replacement.

I also note that the the first Copperhead - the one I bought was withing the 2 year warranty only by a few weeks if not days when the double clicking started.

I've taken the 2nd replacement apart as it just was not clicking at all with the main MBs, so pics:

btw - that was taken after I took it apart and tried to put it back together, though I've ended up with this :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	004 [800x600].JPG
Views:	144
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	36080  Click image for larger version

Name:	007 [800x600].JPG
Views:	147
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	36081  
Old 03-19-09, 02:44 PM   #20
CaptNKILL
CUBE

I've fixed the buttons on Logitech mice before. I don't know if Razer's are harder to work on though.

Basically its either the tiny "button" component that's soldered onto the circuit board or its the contact point for it on the outer button that you press.

I've seen the contact points actually wear a little groove in them from the mouse button. Sticking a little glue in there and smoothing it over will fix it.

If its the actual button component you can probably steal one from a generic working mouse. If you don't have any spare old mice laying around, you could always try taking two working buttons from the mice that you have and using them to make one good mouse. If you don't know how to solder though, you're out of luck. This isn't a hard job but its not real easy either.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-09, 02:48 PM   #21
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I've fixed the buttons on Logitech mice before. I don't know if Razer's are harder to work on though.

Basically its either the tiny "button" component that's soldered onto the circuit board or its the contact point for it on the outer button that you press.

I've seen the contact points actually wear a little groove in them from the mouse button. Sticking a little glue in there and smoothing it over will fix it.

If its the actual button component you can probably steal one from a generic working mouse. If you don't have any spare old mice laying around, you could always try taking two working buttons from the mice that you have and using them to make one good mouse. If you don't know how to solder though, you're out of luck. This isn't a hard job but its not real easy either.
Well, I barely put the mouse back together - and that was without the ... erm... power cord.

So soldering is not really an option and pulling out buttons from the PCB... well, not too tempting.