Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-09, 06:46 PM   #25
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Good to see the fanboys out in force, questioning the source rather than the fact that nvidia made a lot of sh!tty cards.
Problem with this is you say it's a "fact" NVIDIA made a bunch of ****ty cards based on a small sample from a unnamed source on a website I've never heard of in 10 years on the forums.

I'd say to me that means it's a "fact" you're a fanATic latching onto whatever negative info you can find about NVIDIA so you can chime in "It must be true as it's on teh intarweb!" in a lame attempt to help ATi avoid debtors prison another month.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 08:00 PM   #26
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Problem with this is you say it's a "fact" NVIDIA made a bunch of ****ty cards based on a small sample from a unnamed source on a website I've never heard of in 10 years on the forums.

I'd say to me that means it's a "fact" you're a fanATic latching onto whatever negative info you can find about NVIDIA so you can chime in "It must be true as it's on teh intarweb!" in a lame attempt to help ATi avoid debtors prison another month.
Actually fanboy, my last card was a GTX 280. Surprise surprise though it had overheating issues. What do you have to say about the thread on the top of this forum that is a million pages long, entirely about faulty 280 series cards? Not much I can wager.

I buy whatever is good at the time, I had a GTX 280, I had a 8800 GTX before that. Only blind fanboys can't admit the GTX 280 has horrible failure rates. I know one thing though, the more I see Rollo's posts and his representation of nvidia, the less I want to buy Nvidia in the future.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 08:35 PM   #27
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Actually fanboy, my last card was a GTX 280. Surprise surprise though it had overheating issues. What do you have to say about the thread on the top of this forum that is a million pages long, entirely about faulty 280 series cards? Not much I can wager.

I buy whatever is good at the time, I had a GTX 280, I had a 8800 GTX before that. Only blind fanboys can't admit the GTX 280 has horrible failure rates. I know one thing though, the more I see Rollo's posts and his representation of nvidia, the less I want to buy Nvidia in the future.


I think if you buy anything based on who the fans on internet forums are, you're too dumb for a company to count on anyway.

LOL

"NVIDIA may have the best card right now, but I find that Rollo fellow disagreeable. I'll buy a worse product to show him!"
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 08:47 PM   #28
blurter
Registered User
 
blurter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 18
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post


I think if you buy anything based on who the fans on internet forums are, you're too dumb for a company to count on anyway.

LOL

"NVIDIA may have the best card right now, but I find that Rollo fellow disagreeable. I'll buy a worse product to show him!"

You would have to be one of the greatest morons I have ever seen post on forums. I have both a 4870x2 and sli GTX285 systems so there is no brad loyalty here, but you are the epitome of a one eyed fanboi if ever there was such a thing.
blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-09, 10:02 PM   #29
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurter View Post
You would have to be one of the greatest morons I have ever seen post on forums. I have both a 4870x2 and sli GTX285 systems so there is no brad loyalty here, but you are the epitome of a one eyed fanboi if ever there was such a thing.
I've given your post all the consideration I usually give those whose posts I can count on my fingers or toes.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 12:56 AM   #30
Lfctony
Registered User
 
Lfctony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Larnaca, Cyprus
Posts: 4,152
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Rollo, if anyone is giving Nvidia a bad name, its you... Really, I cannot remember the last time one of your posts was of any help to anyone.

As a focus group member, you could have responded:
"I believe that info is wrong. Our own data suggests otherwise"

Yet your response was: FUD, FUD, FUD...

Guess which sounds more professional, believable and mature...

If all Nvidia Focus group members are like you, they should rename the group to Fanboy Group, because really, that is all you are...
__________________
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 03:23 AM   #31
xorbe
Unbuffered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 388
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

xorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 06:01 AM   #32
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Rollo, if anyone is giving Nvidia a bad name, its you... Really, I cannot remember the last time one of your posts was of any help to anyone.

As a focus group member, you could have responded:
"I believe that info is wrong. Our own data suggests otherwise"

Yet your response was: FUD, FUD, FUD...

Guess which sounds more professional, believable and mature...

If all Nvidia Focus group members are like you, they should rename the group to Fanboy Group, because really, that is all you are...
Hmmmm.

My response was that it's hard to give credence to unnamed sources as they aren't verifiable, and that the people most inclined to believe them are those who hope the info is true.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

You should look up what "FUD" means. Hardware.fr isn't selling anything, so I wasn't using fear, uncertainty and doubt to prevent anyone from buying their products.

I was saying people should temper their own uncertainty and doubt based on the anonymous nature of the data and sample size.

If newegg came out with a 7 month survey of 70,000 card sold and said Card X by Brand Y showed a trend of RMAs where the cards actually proved defective I wouldn't say anything about the data.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-09, 06:28 AM   #33
Lfctony
Registered User
 
Lfctony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Larnaca, Cyprus
Posts: 4,152
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

I did not say you responded with fud, I said your response was "Its fud"... I still think that its wrong to respond with trying to discredit the info (sounding like a jackass in the process). A serious rebuttal using valid info has more weight. Instead you called it fud, but failed to provide any data of your own to counter those figures...
__________________
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 07:04 AM   #34
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
I did not say you responded with fud, I said your response was "Its fud"... I still think that its wrong to respond with trying to discredit the info (sounding like a jackass in the process). A serious rebuttal using valid info has more weight. Instead you called it fud, but failed to provide any data of your own to counter those figures...
The problem with articles like these is no reputable source would ever publish data like this due to professional ethics.

Hardware.fr is a reputable site, but I can't give their source any weight due to their anonymity, sample size, and violation of the trust their vendors placed in them that appears to be violated. If the people they do business with can't trust them, why should I?
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 09:27 AM   #35
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

If card is broken, you can return it. So what's the problem? This article only approves that some vendors are responsible.
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 11:00 AM   #36
Tho Jo Smale
Maximum Speed
 
Tho Jo Smale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 409
Default Re: Modern Graphics Card Failure Rates

Has anyone ever speculated that tRollo acutally works for ATi.....and that he's using reverse psychology on the nvnews forums to make us despise nVidia and flock towards ATi.....


Everyone knows if you tell people to do something one way.....human nature leads them the other direction....I think that he's out to convince us to buy ATi products.......cause that's the result he's getting from alot of forum members.....


With every trolliscious post he makes.....I'm sure those who are trying to remain objective about the situation lean more towards the red......
__________________
AMD X4 9850+ 200X15 Ram @ 800 mhz 4-4-4-12 2T
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe (silly 3 year old mobo can't do DDR1066 with Phenom....damn ASUS!)
4gb Corsair PC8500 XMS2
Thermaltake 750w PSU
HIS Radeon 4870 1024MB 800/960 Cat 9.4 Beta
Creative X-FI APU
Western Digital 640gb Sata II Harddisk
Logitech Z-640 5.1 surround speakers
Lg 52X cd r/w and Lg 16x DVD R/W Lightscribe
3dmark06 14410 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=8600451
Newbs Helping Newbs brings a tear to my eye
Tho Jo Smale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts from console owners on NVIDIA's GEFORCE GRID MikeC Console World 11 05-27-12 08:43 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.