Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-22-09, 07:59 AM   #2449
NuBee
NuBee

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm not so pleased with the water as I was before, my cumulus clouds are to transparent, my cirrus doesn't seem to load properly, and, and, and...
By the way sillyeagle, on my system seems to be better a TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT of 80, I'm using a SmallPartRejectRadius of 2 and and the framerates are..., well it's...flyable over Coffs Harbour.

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 07:07 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-09, 12:06 PM   #2450
wildcard011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Wow beautiful shots NuBee!

Finished re-installing today and applied sillyeagle's tweak. I ran with Very Dense Scenery and Autogen settings but with some traffic on. Very smooth gameplay. It dropped into the low 20s over Coffs but still playable. Thanks for the tip sillyeagle
btw, what are the default values for TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL and TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL? I still use the Orbx values...

Wow, breathtaking shots both NuBee and SlaWater. Can you please share which aircrafts you guys are flying. slaWater how do u like the SSD ? Noticable improvment in FSX ?

thanks
Asus P6T Deluxe
Old 03-22-09, 04:41 PM   #2451
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
btw, what are the default values for TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL and TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL? I still use the Orbx values...
I'm not sure what the defaults are, but if you delete them or add // before the lines FSX will just use the default values. I just used // on mine.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-22-09, 05:55 PM   #2452
wildcard011

*** FSX CHALLENGE ***

Ok, so here it is!!!

Is there any other plane for FSX that can capture the sensation of speed, the dynamics of flying, the overall sensation of flight.
The P51D Mustang, every time I fly it It just feels so real. I have yet to find another plane that has has this total package .

See for yourself
( I used FRAPS to capture it, Its way better looking and smoother than the video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PucRvXR8fkM

Asus P6T Deluxe
Old 03-22-09, 08:36 PM   #2453
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard011 View Post
*** FSX CHALLENGE ***

Ok, so here it is!!!

Is there any other plane for FSX that can capture the sensation of speed, the dynamics of flying, the overall sensation of flight.
The P51D Mustang, every time I fly it It just feels so real. I have yet to find another plane that has has this total package .
Well as to flight dynamics I have been quite impressed by the Classics Hangar FW190, which has a very unique flight model in the way you get a real sense of riding on air. It has been my recent favorite due to superior frame rates, awesome looks and sounds, and of course the fun flight model, which is perhap the most nimble aircraft I have ever flown. So I would say the elements in the FW190 also come together nicely to create a very enjoyable experience, so much so that I dropped the P-47 when this came out and have been flying this since.

In the Sound department the P-47 with Accu-sim adds such realitic and awesome flight sounds that it really brings the experience of flight in that one to new levels of immersion. The VC sounds are the best I've heard, with spot on airspeed sounds from the wind and engine as well as airframe stress, and when you open the ****pit during flight it's very impressive, as the wind is blasting, being louder with faster speeds, and engine is nearly deafening. Really its just got the best sound package out there, though many of the specialty sounds come only with Accu-sim.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-23-09, 11:17 AM   #2454
NuBee
NuBee

Quote:
...btw, what are the default values for TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL and TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL? I still use the Orbx values...
@slaWter Default FSX values are:
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000

@wildcard011 In my last screens, the first 2 are with the Spitfire from RealAir and the others with the SF260 also from RealAir.

@ all my TrackIR 4 Pro arrived and I'm at the same time because yesterday I destroyed my FSX partition. I must install EVERY GB from all 80 GB FSX data (FSX + ad-ons) again. This is annoying.

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-23-09, 11:50 AM   #2455
NuBee
NuBee

...and YES! I am sometimes soooo intelligent (like yesterday)that I can't even fit in any damn mirror!
Old 03-23-09, 02:19 PM   #2456
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

Wow some fantastic shots in the last few batches,i didnt think FSX could get any better looking but you guys can really make it shine!

Well im back in DX9 for a while after playing with the limiter for a weekend going back to DX10 felt a little clunky

Anyhows the side effect for me is that it made me work up a new set of DX9 water normals and a new FSWC profile for them,these files have been bult in such a way as to remove the nasty horizon simmering that still persist on FSX's water even with massive amount of AF (yes i know water shimmers on the horizon in RL but its annoying as hell in FSX) heres a few shots and a link for the normals and profile if anyone wants to check
them out

Unzip to FSX and pop the profile in the FSWC profile folder and load it up and apply

http://rapidshare.com/files/21264994...rmals_Set2.zip

Im gonna grab so more WIP pics of the goose to post later on my co dev (butch) is cool with it as long as i let you guys know that we have no firm release date in mind atm

Later
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-09, 12:34 AM   #2457
sillyeagle
sillyego

Of course Classics Hangar just released a Focke Wulf 190, but take a look at the texture work on the A2A version!

Current A2A pipe:

Accu-Sim Piper Cub
Accu-Sim Focke Wulf 190
Accu-Sim P-51 including early Allison engine variants
F-4 Phantom, though no modeling has been shown
They will also be publishing the MilViz F-4U Corsair

EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-25-09, 01:55 AM   #2458
sillyeagle
sillyego

In the spirit of FSX I was thinking about changing my name to Silly Eagle X.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-25-09, 06:14 PM   #2459
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Genius huh?

Hey you guys might want to check out my latest posts in the 'Miracle Tweak' thread at Orbx. I have managed to get my tweaks ironed out and everything seems to be balanced very well now, which allows me to run extremely dense autogen over any type of scenery with no stutters and a minimum framerate of 20, though in most places, even over Perth, I'm running at 25fps+. When there are no micro stutters even 20fps is very smooth.

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=9908.60

I found out my TBM of 120 was too high for my 300MB Buffer Pool to maintain sutter free operation over Perth due to so many different textures there, even though I was stutter free in rural areas and small towns like Coffs Harbour. To fix that I went down to a TBM of 40, and once that was done I was able to push Buffer Pools to 400MB and that cleared up the last of the micro stutters around Perth.

The only other issue I had was forests were knocking me down to 15fps at extremely dense, so I enabled a max per cell limit of 3000/2000, which now allows me to stay over 20 above even the largest forests. For some reason the max per cell limits do not work when I fly over Perth, as I get the same autogen levels with or without, so when I'm flying there it's using full levels of extremely dense autogen, and still get 25fps.

Mango also found a TBM of 40 and BP of 400MB to be the sweet spot on his Core2/GTX280/Vista system, though he uses a lower max per cell and sets autogen to very dense in game. Based on user reports it seems those that are having luck with the Buffer Pool tweak are Vista/Win7 users.

Go to the Orbx thread for more details, but these are the tweaks I have settled on with my i7/GTX260/Win7 system in order to achieve a stutter free 25-30fps average across the board with a minimum of 20fps using extremely dense autogen.

[Display]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

[SCENERY]
SmallPartRejectRadius=2

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=3000
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2000

[BUFFERPOOLS]
PoolSize=400000000

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=15

As a side note it seems even with a 400MB Buffer Pool I have video memory to spare, as AA settings up to 8xS supersampling @ 1600x1200 have no impact on framerates, and even when going up to 16xS, which renders at 3200x2400 on my system with 4x multisampling, I only see a 5fps hit and still stay in the stutter free 20-25fps range over Perth.

I was getting a solid 27fps with no micro stutters in both of these scenes:

EVGA Intel X58
Old 03-25-09, 09:07 PM   #2460
wildcard011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
In the spirit of FSX I was thinking about changing my name to Silly Eagle X.
I say ... Go for it
Asus P6T Deluxe