Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-10-09, 02:42 AM   #13
slivski

Default Re: Bioshock 2 game play trailer!

one word.

<3
slivski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 06:23 AM   #14
K007

looks just like 1..

bioshock 1.1?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 06:44 AM   #15
Revs

Really looking forward to this
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 06:48 AM   #16
XDanger
Whaaat?

Hopefully they've improved the super low res textures from the first game.
Old 04-10-09, 08:16 AM   #17
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

MUST HAVE GAME!
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 08:34 AM   #18
|MaguS|

Looks like they made the combat more frantic... hopefully it doesn't remove the strategy of combat that the first had. Other then that it all looks good. Love that you can be under water now!

To those complaining that it looks too much like the original, what do you expect? It takes place in the same world that the original did... and the original did not look so bad that they need to overhaul the graphics.

JohnDio
I didn't see a "frame rate drop", Too me it looked like they slowed it down to add more drama to the water bursting through the glass... its a trailer not actual on hands gameplay footage. Alot of it is staged to show off key things.
Old 04-10-09, 08:48 AM   #19
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
JohnDio
I didn't see a "frame rate drop", Too me it looked like they slowed it down to add more drama to the water bursting through the glass... its a trailer not actual on hands gameplay footage. Alot of it is staged to show off key things.
I was talking about the end of the video, when he is fighting to protect the little sister . In that fight my eyes really hurt just watching the footage
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 08:55 AM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
To those complaining that it looks too much like the original, what do you expect? It takes place in the same world that the original did... and the original did not look so bad that they need to overhaul the graphics.
It just looks like an expansion pack... same graphics, same mechanics, same look to the world... a few add-ons like the drill and being underwater is what an expansion pack does. A whole new game should offer much more change.

Of course, this is nothing new... we've been getting sequels that should of been expansion packs for years now.

As a huge Bioshock fan I liked the trailer, but make no mistake it does not look like a true sequel.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-09, 09:28 AM   #21
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
It just looks like an expansion pack... same graphics, same mechanics, same look to the world... a few add-ons like the drill and being underwater is what an expansion pack does. A whole new game should offer much more change.

Of course, this is nothing new... we've been getting sequels that should of been expansion packs for years now.

As a huge Bioshock fan I liked the trailer, but make no mistake it does not look like a true sequel.
I have to agree here, it really looks like an expansion pack. I´m also a huge Bioshock fan and i will buy this game anyway, but i would really like to see smoother animations/physics and higher resolution for the textures.
Old 04-10-09, 10:53 AM   #22
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post

Well they are using the same engine, thanks to development costs its alot easier to pump out something quickly, especially with a franchise like Bioshock. While I agree that it might be too similar im sure that it will have enough of a change when we actually get more info on the game to warrant the cost.

And expansion packs are dead... don't think many games will see expansion packs ever.
Old 04-10-09, 11:06 AM   #23
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
And expansion packs are dead... don't think many games will see expansion packs ever.
Because they put a 2 at the end instead and charge us full price for them.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 12:37 PM   #24
ralinn
Masters

Hmmm, I have to say, it looks about as 'meh' as the first was for me.

I think I forced myself to finish the first.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote