Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-10-09, 03:55 PM   #25
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck
Default Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Teaser

Quote:
Well, what do you know. After the cliffhanger ending of the first game, Assassinís Creed is back for more. ďA New Hero for a New Time,Ē eh? What could that possibly mean? Just judging from the cover art, this isnít the same Altair that weíre used to. At the very least, heís picked up some spiffy new threads, right? Nope. In Assassinís Creed 2, players take on the role of Ezio, a young noble whose family was lost through rival ruling families' betrayals. In addition to the new character, players are going to get to explore a new setting: Renaissance-era Venice. What else is going on? Well, youíre going to have to pick up the May issue of Game Informer if you want the complete story on Ubisoftís latest.
This is from the May Game Informer. Altair is gone and Ezio has taken his place for this one.
Bigbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 04:00 PM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I already quoted that.

Yeah, it makes sense a new time would mean a new ancestor... I don't see how that's a surprise, really.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 05:30 PM   #27
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I just saw gameplay screens from a Game Informer scan and let me just say right now: FREAKING AMAZING.

That is all.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 04-10-09, 10:36 PM   #28
K007

can't u scan it for us?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 10:44 AM   #29
The Who

I think I'll like the fact that in AC2 you'll be able to fly or rather glide. Climb to the top of a tower and instead of jumping a hundred feet down into a two foot haystack you glide to your next mission or return home or something, either way I'm happy about the wings.
Old 04-11-09, 11:24 AM   #30
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Who View Post
I think I'll like the fact that in AC2 you'll be able to fly or rather glide. Climb to the top of a tower and instead of jumping a hundred feet down into a two foot haystack you glide to your next mission or return home or something, either way I'm happy about the wings.
Yeah, I would assume you climb a tower like in AC1 and then glide down... pretty awesome in my opinion. Kind of wonder how that goes by without guards investigating though...

Old 04-11-09, 01:49 PM   #31
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Yeah, I would assume you climb a tower like in AC1 and then glide down... pretty awesome in my opinion. Kind of wonder how that goes by without guards investigating though...
Easy, just like the first game... just put your hands together and bow your head... people could literally watch you murder someone in the first game, but if you did that, they wouldn't even care... worst AI ever.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 02:01 PM   #32
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Easy, just like the first game... just put your hands together and bow your head... people could literally watch you murder someone in the first game, but if you did that, they wouldn't even care... worst AI ever.
They would often catch you even if you did that, depending on how close to the body you were and if citizens saw you and pointed you out. The whole point was that you dressed as a monk, and they were slow to suspect a monk of murder. In the later levels when you are warned the towns know who you are, you get caught almost immediately whether you pray or not.

Old 04-12-09, 10:40 AM   #33
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

In case anyone was worried:

You can catch the magazine scans here while they last: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa...-inform/786151

If they vanish I saved them, so let me know.

Old 04-12-09, 09:48 PM   #34
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
In case anyone was worried:

You can catch the magazine scans here while they last: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa...-inform/786151

If they vanish I saved them, so let me know.
I think we know the game will be out for PC, it should read something like

PS3/XBOX360/PC (6 Months)
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 02:48 AM   #35
trivium nate

freaking sweet!
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 05:12 AM   #36
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
I think we know the game will be out for PC, it should read something like

PS3/XBOX360/PC (6 Months)
I don't think we even knew Ass Creed 1 was coming to PC before release did we? So listing it in this preview says to me simul or close to simultaneous release (weeks)

And really you have to do that these days, saves you lots of marketing.