Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-13-09, 08:15 AM   #13
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Company of Heroes Complete Pack worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isola View Post
crap game,why don't you play a real challeging game like this one?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/men-of-war-review
Yeah that 'crap game' just rated as the best 2006 PC game and 8th best rated PC game ever. Eurogamer seemed to like this Men of War, but it's actually just ranked as the 2713th best PC game ever on gamerankings with a score of 77.9%. Just because you haven't played it or because you didn't like it, doesn't mean it's a crap game. Fact is that CoH received a lot of well-deserved praise.

Company of Heroes was an absolutely amazing experience when it came out. I played it for years and on the technical side it still looks pretty today. I haven't had the chance to play ToV much yet unfortunately, so I don't know about it yet from personal experience. I also think that the Opposing Fronts expansion was a mistake; The panzer elite is ok (altough still not quite as well-designed as the original factions IMO), but the british faction ruined part of the CoH core experience in my own and many other people's opinion. It's not terrible, but it could just have been done so much better. But if ToV is adding new MP modes and manage to revitalize the MP component of CoH, I'd say go for it if you can get all three in a package for a good price.
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 10:37 AM   #14
Scendore

Default Re: Company of Heroes Complete Pack worth it?

Anyone saying the game isn't any good needs to have their head checked. Look at any of the reviews and you will see it's considered a top notch RTS. In terms of Single Player it's okay and it does the job well. In terms of going against others in the traditional mode it's excellent.

The nice thing they did with these addons is they didn't make it manditory. Meaning if you own the original version you can still play against people that own one or all the addons. You just won't have the option of adding the two new armies. Panzer Elite and or the Brits.

The third release that just came out doesn't add any new factions but it does add some new mode of online play and of course single player content. And for the first time you get to play Axis in single player.

Anyone kicking the tires around any of these addons that already has the original should load it up patch it and play it to see if you like it.

I consider the online play to be very good and right up there with any of the top RTSs out there.
Scendore is offline   Reply With Quote