Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-09, 02:02 AM   #1
patrick.2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Default strange nvidia today 180.44

[patrick@localhost ~]$ ps aux | grep nvidia
patrick 5478 0.0 0.0 3248 808 pts/1 R+ 01:21 0:00 grep --color nvidia

[patrick@localhost ~]$ nvidia-settings
/usr/share/themes/Dust/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:708: Murrine configuration option "highlight_ratio" will be deprecated in future releases. Please use
"highlight_shade" instead. /usr/share/themes/Dust/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:709: Murrine configuration option "lightborder_ratio" will be deprecated in future
releases. Please use "lightborder_shade" instead. The program 'nvidia-settings' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length erro'.
(Details: serial 138 error_code 16 request_code 137 minor_code 17)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

[patrick@localhost ~]$ glxgears
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual
[patrick@localhost ~]$



any idea ?


--
Patrick.
envoye depuis le monde libre ...
par un Pc sous Mandriva 2009.1 ( cooker ) !
Claws-Mail 3.7.1 - xfce 4.6.0
patrick.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 01:33 PM   #2
kailed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: strange nvidia today 180.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.2 View Post
[patrick@localhost ~]$ ps aux | grep nvidia
patrick 5478 0.0 0.0 3248 808 pts/1 R+ 01:21 0:00 grep --color nvidia

[patrick@localhost ~]$ nvidia-settings
/usr/share/themes/Dust/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:708: Murrine configuration option "highlight_ratio" will be deprecated in future releases. Please use
"highlight_shade" instead. /usr/share/themes/Dust/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:709: Murrine configuration option "lightborder_ratio" will be deprecated in future
releases. Please use "lightborder_shade" instead. The program 'nvidia-settings' received an X Window System error.

[patrick@localhost ~]$ glxgears
Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

any idea ?
Output of ps aux is right, there's nothing to show about nvidia (if nvidia-settings is not running..)
Try reinstalling nvidia driver..
kailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 04:09 PM   #3
patrick.2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Default Re: strange nvidia today 180.44

[patrick@localhost ~]$ glxgears
Error: glXCreateContext failed
[patrick@localhost ~]$

nvidia-settings work again
glxgears no
but i'm on a cooker
patrick.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 07:18 PM   #4
kailed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: strange nvidia today 180.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick.2 View Post
[patrick@localhost ~]$ glxgears
Error: glXCreateContext failed
[patrick@localhost ~]$

nvidia-settings work again
glxgears no
but i'm on a cooker
I don't know how to help you but two things:
1) try a 3D software (like a game) and see if it works
2) run nvidia-bug-report.sh and attach the log here. Useful for Nvidia devs
kailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 08:42 AM   #5
patrick.2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Default Re: strange nvidia today 180.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailed View Post
I don't know how to help you but two things:
1) try a 3D software (like a game) and see if it works
2) run nvidia-bug-report.sh and attach the log here. Useful for Nvidia devs
i uninstall the .run , and use the rpm version from mandriva, and now all is good
i don't know why, off course ...
patrick.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help Installing NVIDIA Tesla M2070Q in Linux RHEL5 Ferianto85 NVIDIA Linux 0 05-18-12 09:35 PM
nvidia: GTC 2012 officially kicks off today. Check out what's in store for the rest o News Archived News Items 0 05-14-12 10:00 PM
New GPU from Nvidia Announced Today, the GeForce GTX 670 News Archived News Items 0 05-10-12 02:50 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.