Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-14-09, 09:31 PM   #2509
yxx

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Some realworld weather from a couple of days ago. Actually surprisingly pretty accurate for that evening. i'm still on FEX. i haven't the urge yet to tackle REX. FEX still does good for me and i'm not into messing to much with the water although the shots here with REX look awesome.

yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-09, 11:01 PM   #2510
sillyeagle
sillyego

Yeah FEX seems to hold it's own with regard to clouds, even beating REX at times, though REX is the hands down winner for water, but that may not be enough incentive to drop the cash needed for the switch over.

@Gizmo thats an awesome shot, and looks incredible. I find the current Win7 driver is to be top notch for DX9, and in fact I don't know of a single issue. I've not had a single crash since I built this system, even when jumping in and out of full screen mode very quickly, or when using the in game menu from full screen. DX10 doesn't work for me though, stuff is flashing and flickering all over the place, autogen, runways, etc.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-14-09, 11:41 PM   #2511
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Something totally different

if your flight caused by package to be late you will pay!
Old 04-15-09, 12:27 AM   #2512
yxx

This Website needs some sillyeagle.

http://www.fshdlive.com/

It just started up. i found it through a guy commenting on one of my youtube vids of course to advertise for it.

they have weekly screenshot competitions edited/unedited

Screenshot section:

http://www.fshdlive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

slaWter your last shots of the Fedex would turn some heads there.

i'm not quite sure if it's just oriented to the heavies but i wouldn't think so. not a lot of posts there yet. they cover fs2004 and fsx
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 01:52 PM   #2513
sillyeagle
sillyego

Scenery by Frank, freeware Italian Alps. Search this thread for "Frank" to get the details. I was only now able to install this as there is a bug with Windows 7 where the FSX scenery library will not recognize BGL files, so scenery cannot be manually activated. The work around is to select the folder and then click ok, but instead of closing the windows like ussual it will just sit there as if ok was not clicked. You then have to right click within the empty window, and then click cancel. The scenery will appear in the library like ussual.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-16-09, 02:43 PM   #2514
sumdum

FSX multiplayer vatsim overlay. Megascenery aerosoft viper

Backseat Iris T6 FSX shared pit great for instruction

Frontseat Iris T6

sumdum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 09:33 AM   #2515
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Aero Vodochody L-159A Freeware!

http://speed99.webhosting.klfree.net...ndownload.html

Very nice upthere with the gosh hawk as far as freeware jets go which is to say payware standards....

Insim Shots running a tweaked ENB series .ini Bloom+SSAO

BTW thanks for the feedback on Nv's drivers i love the 4870 for pretty much everything but FSX but as the cost of the 260's have come down and ther feature set and drivers have improved i think its time to dump the 4870 there lack of SSAA is becoming a real deal breaker the ED x24 mode is nice but pretty much unuseable in most things due to the hit if all goes to plan i'll be back in green by mid week

laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-09, 10:03 PM   #2516
sillyeagle
sillyego

What's this about SSAO? How is that even possible with a tweaked ini?

Well in todays news A2A has published the MilViz F4U model as their first release in a new budget product line called Aircraft Factory.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/AF_F4U.html

The Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair Released
The Aircraft Factory has released its first aircraft, the F4U Corsair for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The Aircraft Factory is a brand new product line managed by A2A Simulations, which delivers solid products at a great price. The Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair can be directly downloaded for $24.99 and includes three models, the F4U-1A, F4U-1C, and the F4U-1D.

The Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair FEATURES
• The premier WWII Fighter in the Pacific Theater.
• F4U-1A, F4U-1C, and F4U-1D models included
• Full feature support with FSX Service Pack 2 or Acceleration
• Detailed aircraft with realistic texturing
• Classic radial-engine sounds inside and out
• Animated pilot looks around as you fly
• A2A / Shockwave 3D lights supported
• 3D instrumentation for smooth response
• Drop wing tanks remove both fuel and weight when released
• Under-wing rockets can be added or removed with a single click

“We have identified three different customers in our flight simulation community who are all are equally passionate about aircraft but for different reasons. One customer is looking for a very good product but price is critical to them, and this is what Aircraft Factory delivers. The next customer demands that their aircraft be created by the book, and this is our long time Wings of POWER / SILVER customer. The final customer is the one who wants an aircraft that is created with extreme depth into all of the internal systems and engine management, and this is what our Accu-Sim line delivers. However, all of these customers share one thing in common; they all love to fly beautiful aircraft. We’re all excited about the Aircraft Factory F4U Corsair and all of the existing products in development,” said Lewis Bloomfield of A2A Simulations Inc.

SCREENSHOTS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/AF_F4U.html

EVGA Intel X58

Old 04-22-09, 03:13 AM   #2517
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
What's this about SSAO? How is that even possible with a tweaked ini?
The .ini tweaking in question is that of the ENB series DX9 rendering hook it feature Bloom SSAO DOA and a few other things (many that are code for specific games)

Ive just tweaked it a little so that it lifts the rendering a tad it done wonders for making your clouds look more volmetric,i'll grab some compare shots later on,

gonna grab that corsair this weekend i think just gotta see how much of my buget it left after getting the 260

laters
steve
Old 04-22-09, 07:53 AM   #2518
NuBee
NuBee

And how abou the REX clouds? Can they be tweaked to look more dense and not so damn transparent?
Of course with aces like you. Not lazy, confortable, and I admit, sometimes dumb people like me. I don't know if I got it right, but that should not sound like, but be a compliment.
So PLEEEEEEASE, someone help!
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 08:07 AM   #2519
NuBee
NuBee

Errrr...no, I'm not dead. I'm still here, just "slept" a little bit. I was every day here, but when I'm not intelligent enough, I play silent
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 03:48 PM   #2520
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey guys

As the bloom/tone effect is dynamic and hard to pin down in SS i suggest you give it a try yourself after all all you need todo is download THIS (my tweaked ini version) unzip it to your fsx dir and start FSX

on once you start but shift+f12 will allow you to turn on/off and if you dont like it just delete the 3 files you unzipped and your back to normal

ive just use this hook to give me a slight contrast tightning to remove some of the hazyness i saw in the default rendering,its kinda like throwing your screenshot in PS and running Auto contrast,theres also slight bloom tweak in there to make coulds and the horizon around the sunset/sunrise blind a bit more,its very easy to OTT these effects but making small changes and not letting them get out of hand seems to be the best use of this for FSX

heres a quick compare

OFF

ON

Laters
Steve