Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-30-09, 05:31 PM   #2533
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
I'm getting some weirdness with the 185's too. Some aircraft paints are blurry as hell when viewed at an angle, but some are fine. For instance Steve's C-152 repaint 'G-OWAC' looks blurred, but the default C-152 paints are fine - same with some other ac's. Terrain seems fine though.

Nv drivers have been fine for FSX for quite a while and now they have changed something and its screwed up....sigh.

Some great posting here - keeps me coming back for more.

Keep it up guys.

Silly / Lance, how’s the Orbx BETA testing going?

Cheers - Mark.
Hey mark

Nice to see you dropping by welcome back

Sounds like something with mipmapping in there driver is screwed up,Carenado's default scheme's dont have mipmapping so its forced to load the only thing it has 1024x1024
my HD scheme do have Mips because i hate stairstepping!

do your default planes also have this problem?

laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 05:33 PM   #2534
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
sillyeagle, did you try the 185.81 Win7 drivers in FSX? Hope the Win7 185 series is better than the Vista counterpart
Not yet, the 185 driver I used was the Vista driver, and it didn't work so well. Might not be able to test the Win7 185 tonight though as I've got some kind of hardware issue going on.

At first it seemed a video diver issue, becuase I right clicked the desktop for display properties and it locked solid. After a reboot it hung at the splash screen. I tried safe mode and that would hang during driver loading. It then seemed it must be a windows issue as it could be a display driver problem when going to safe mode.

I attempted to boot from the CD to elimate an OS issue and that too hung up, so I knew had a hardware problem of some kind. I then realized my storage drive showed up as BzBzBzBzBzBzBz at boot, and in the BIOS, which has about 200GB of data, much of it has not been back up. When I removed power to that drive I booted up just fine, so I though I has lost all my data, which includes 40GB of FSX stuff.

As a last resort I swapped SATA controllers with my FSX drive and then it booted up with full acess to the storage drive. I quickly dumped my files over to my OS drive in case it was a fluke, but it seems to be working just fine now on the other SATA controller. I'll have to see what I can do to get all three drives going again.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-02-09, 06:02 PM   #2535
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Nice shots the duke looks so nicely model,pitty its such a Fugly plane hehe
Old 05-02-09, 06:25 PM   #2536
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Hey mark

Nice to see you dropping by welcome back

Sounds like something with mipmapping in there driver is screwed up,Carenado's default scheme's dont have mipmapping so its forced to load the only thing it has 1024x1024
my HD scheme do have Mips because i hate stairstepping!

do your default planes also have this problem?

laters
steve
Cheers Steve - I like to keep my hand in FSX wise, and I peek in here now and then.

Here is a couple of shots to show the effect of the 185 driver on certain ac paints.

Default ac are fine, as are the defualt paints on the 152, but Carenado's Piper Cherokee default paints also exhibit this...the greater the angle, towards the front, the more blurred it becomes

I hope this is a bug in the current BETAs and not something we're stuck with if we wish to use the lastest drivers...this is on XP 32bit with a 9800gt 1gb.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 06:48 AM   #2537
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Wow thats strange looks as if its not forcing AF on the just plane models

what your seeing there is the full range of mipmaps,you can just about see the 2048 mip 0 right at the front and the very quick fade away from the camera,carenado's paints on this model dont have mips so if you want a non mip version of this paint as a temp fix just shout i can kick one up in a few mins

do you guys have ingame AF ticked? just wondering if that will force the driver to also use AF on the aircraft,im still on my 4870 atm i was going to jump to a inndo 260gtx x2 freeze this week but had some other expenses pop up that took my funnding away....might just wait till next gen now,ATI is a tad slower in FSX and i can only us x12AA (x4+ ed filter) without overloading the FB but i cant say ive ever seen any driver side rendering errors in FSX in all 10 months of owning the 4870,you'ed think that it being the market leader in it genre both companies would make an effort with there drivers but i guess its missing that #1 factor....a benchmark mode!

Laters
steve
Old 05-05-09, 08:15 PM   #2538
sillyeagle
sillyego

When the Classics Hangar FW190 came out it had an issue specific to certain systems where it would load the mipped textures, rather than the 2048 textures. I was unexplained, even to this day, athough a non-mipped version was released as a temp fix.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 05-05-09, 11:55 PM   #2539
yxx

Does anybody here keep their logbook in FSX. Or whenever you reinstall FSX you wipe everything.

I've kept my logbook on hours since i bought FSX and it reads total 840hours flown so far. I'm not sure if that's alot for FSX since I put 1500hours online for BF2 so a ways to go for FSX.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 08:03 AM   #2540
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Steve, don't worry about doing another version just yet -on my account anyway- it's just as easy to drop back to a 182 driver. I've tried various setting in FSX and nHancer to no avail. Maybe if new driver updates maintain this bug it would be good to have different versions though.

Aerosoft release the PBY Catalina X which looks stunning [in an odd/ugly sort of way]. May have to get this, despite the fact I'm not using FSX much, as its one of the planes that fascinated me as a kid.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re...i?showd,,10542

Or through Flight Sim Store.
http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...roducts_id=951

Old 05-06-09, 08:48 AM   #2541
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey mark

Well its no bother sould take about 5min to make and upload so just shout if you need an update

I have the boxed version of the cat coming from Play later this month although im tempted to can it and just buy the DL version....that said till i get the goose HD thing out the way i dout id have time to take her up anyways

Laters
steve
Old 05-06-09, 10:25 AM   #2542
NuBee
NuBee

Hey, I just installed FSX (again! ) and...hmmm!...I really like this plane. I'm not pleased how ingame AA work on this plane, on other planes it's not so obvious as here. I'm not using nHancer (because I don't really know how to use it optimal for FSX), just the ingame AA and AF. Man, I must put REX on! Maybe it's the driver as you guys said, i'm using the 185.81 on Win7. The shots are dx9 resized from 1920x1200.

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 07:07 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 11:54 AM   #2543
NuBee
NuBee

Hey, where's everybody? Testing Win7-Build 7100? Well my GTA4 installed this time without a problem, it feels a lot smoother as on Vista. FSX i don't know yet, I'm not ready installing all my ad-ons and with the tweaking.

Photoshoping older 1920x1200 screens:

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 02:44 PM   #2544
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Any feedback on the Win7 nV drivers? Did anyone get a chance to see if Win7 185 drivers also have those blury textures on some planes?
I can't speak for Win7 users, but the the lastest BETA [185.85] on XP32 still have the issue...so Steve, it would be good to have a new version of you paints, when you can spare the time.

Maybe you could do G-WOAC [for me at least] and I will use the others to try new drivers on.

No rush though, just when you have the time.

Cheers...Mark.

PS....Anyone know of a way to submit these issues to Nv?