Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-25-09, 11:53 PM   #25
Buio

Default Re: New Ghostbusters Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I posted that quite a while ago.
Yeah, I edited it just before you answered as I realised that, sorry but didn't notice it first.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 12:47 AM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
Yeah, I edited it just before you answered as I realised that, sorry but didn't notice it first.
Oh it's cool... nice reading those articles anyway, as I only knew that stuff second-hand.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 02:39 AM   #27
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

whoops, old thread
Old 04-26-09, 09:41 PM   #28
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

I don't know, looks tired and old and looks like Sony grasping at straws for ideas... suck every last penny out of a franchise even if it is 20 years old... guess I'm just a cynic...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-09, 12:44 AM   #29
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
I don't know, looks tired and old and looks like Sony grasping at straws for ideas... suck every last penny out of a franchise even if it is 20 years old... guess I'm just a cynic...
What does Sony have to do with anything other then licensing the IP to a developer and Publisher who is in no way connected to Sony?
Old 04-27-09, 04:24 AM   #30
Buio

Maybe he was thinking of the upcoming movie and also franchise overall, but I'm just artificially trying to save him. :P

The new movie is still years off, the game that will come out way before that one.

Last edited by Buio; 05-06-09 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-06-09, 08:33 AM   #31
Buio

Rumors about Ghostbusters release getting "fixed" by Sony so they get early release, other formats much later.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34186/Sony...h-Ghostbusters
Old 05-06-09, 08:38 AM   #32
|MaguS|

Quote:
Rumors about Ghostbusters release getting "fixed" by Sony so they get early release, other formats much later.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34186/Sony...h-Ghostbusters
Yeah blame Sony when Atari is the original publisher. Atari signed over publishing rights to Sony in Europe for the Sony line of the game, which helps Atari some since now they don't have to pay licensing fees associated with releasing the game in Europe.

It's still funny that they announced this in the final stretch of the games development. It's also really weird to see the game published by two companies one getting an earlier release window.

First time for something like this to happen...

http://kotaku.com/5242106/sony-now-p...al-territories

Old 05-06-09, 08:47 AM   #33
Buio

Of course I blame Sony, they pull the strings.

Originally it was
Quote:
Atari confirmed the narrower release window today at the Atari Live showcase event in London, England, earlier today, with simultaneous releases planned for the PS3, PS2, Wii, DS, Xbox 360, and PC.
Old 05-06-09, 09:00 AM   #34
|MaguS|

Quote:
Of course I blame Sony, they pull the strings.

Originally it was
Yes with Atari Publishing it. Now Atari agreed to give Sony publishing rights to the game on their respective systems and an exclusive time window. The game is still on track in the US for a simultaneous release on all platforms.

We don't know what went down but blame is on Atari not Sony since they had to relinquish publishing rights on Sony platforms to Sony.
Old 05-06-09, 09:09 AM   #35
Buio

I would guess that Sony saw the good talk the game was getting, and probably initiated the talks with Atari offering them money and a deal. A multiformat publisher has nothing to win by delaying release for other formats, as games have a huge early sales curve today. With a simultaneous format release, advertising works better too.
Old 05-06-09, 09:26 AM   #36
|MaguS|

Quote:
I would guess that Sony saw the good talk the game was getting, and probably initiated the talks with Atari offering them money and a deal. A multiformat publisher has nothing to win by delaying release for other formats, as games have a huge early sales curve today. With a simultaneous format release, advertising works better too.
Im guessing Sony just lowered licensing fees since Atari still will probably get money from the game due to them being the main publisher and covered the games development cost, Sony can't hog all income from their platform (they didn't pay for development).