Note that Infamous is PS3 only.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 03:06 AM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Prototype: June 9th Release, New Videos

I meant Prototype above, FYI.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 03:12 AM   #15
Buio

Infamous does look really good and talk about the demo has been positive. So it seems to be on the right track. Remains to see how Prototype does. The graphics in Prototype looks worse than Infamous, but it is more fast moving and I guess has to have a good framerate to play well.
Old 05-09-09, 03:21 AM   #16
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

T1000 meets Hulk, and they have a baby!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 08:58 AM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
You keep saying this, but Prototype looks to me to have the better story experience. I love the idea of seeing people's memories when you absorb them.
To me it seems that they developed the story after they developed the game and concept. I mean most of the story elements are in flashbacks through poorly told sequences, it looks very broken. I mean even in cut scenes he's always wearing the same clothes (about to preform an autopsy with his cloths on?)

While it might be a good story, it doesn't look very well put together ingame. Alot of cheap shortcuts are taken.

Infamous looks alot more story driven.
Old 05-09-09, 09:41 AM   #18
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Infamous looks alot more story driven.
I've checked several videos from Infamous but I can't say I even saw a story. For sure there is one, but it is not what they have seemed to push a lot. Don't even know much about the player character even. But hey, I can be wrong, it's just the impression I've got.
Old 05-09-09, 09:56 AM   #19
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
I've checked several videos from Infamous but I can't say I even saw a story. For sure there is one, but it is not what they have seemed to push a lot. Don't even know much about the player character even. But hey, I can be wrong, it's just the impression I've got.
An entire article regarding the Karma system... Can't have a Karma system is the story doesn't focus on the character much. In Prototype you can kill soldiers or civilians without penalty...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/964/964644p1.html

Mind you that Infamous has also gotten alot less media prior to this year, it was on blackout for awhile. It was announced back in 2007 and up until 2009 it only had alittle information leak out.
Old 05-09-09, 10:45 AM   #20
Buio

It sure looks good at least.

I did get a few vomit reflexes when watching a specific Infamous video recently on Gametrailers, where the developers where yapping about how godly Cell/PS3 was. I just can't stand marketing stuff like that.

Not that I dislike the PS3, I would get one for God of War 3 alone for example, but gotta consider my economy at the moment.

Old 05-09-09, 11:25 AM   #21
DeusGear

Prototype just feels a lot faster (running/jumping through buildings like it's nothing) and having insane ammount of powers and destruction (jumpin off a building and dropping your body weight into a tank? Yes please! Plus when you land its like 2 tons of weight crash into the ground)! Infamous seems a lot slower and more tactical and the weapons/abilities I've seen so far weren't as interesting to me.
8gb G.Skill
Win7
DeusGear is offline   Reply With Quote