Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-12-09, 05:50 AM   #25
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: New Hitman Game!

It's also what poor ones do. It's expensive to optimise for each platform so it's up to us to buy hardware far beyond what *should* be required... ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 02:13 PM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I'm tired of reading "consolish"... I really am. All games are made for all platforms now, and will be probably forever. Get the heck over it already... they're still great games.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 02:16 PM   #27
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I'm tired of reading "consolish"... I really am. All games are made for all platforms now, and will be probably forever. Get the heck over it already... they're still great games.
I agree... Wolverine is a great game. Blood Money was a great game. Bioshock was a great game. All multiplatform. There are more but I don't want to get into it right now. You want to know what I hate? Not games being "teh consoliezedsdde" but when I buy DLC for FO3 on PC and it just completely breaks my game. I am sure the 360 version is working just fine... but consoles AER TEH EVIL!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 02:24 PM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I agree... Wolverine is a great game. Blood Money was a great game. Bioshock was a great game. All multiplatform. There are more but I don't want to get into it right now. You want to know what I hate? Not games being "teh consoliezedsdde" but when I buy DLC for FO3 on PC and it just completely breaks my game. I am sure the 360 version is working just fine... but consoles AER TEH EVIL!
"Consoles just work" is usally my mantra when I switch to them, which I try to do every couple years. It's certainly their main upside.

I'm not really speaking toward that thouh, I'm just saying we need to accept market realities and quit knocking great games for being developed for consoles as a baseline. The market on PC is just not strong enough to support it being the baseline, and it's actually much easier to "start at the bottom" graphics wise anyway. One of the reasons the PC still sees such robust support despite the bad press, bad sales and piracy is because it's pretty damn easy to port a console game over without much investment. It's not going to change, unless PC sees a resurgance at some point. Pete Wanat was on a podcast I listen to recently and he basically said they reason there are still PC versions of all these games is because they're basically free to make.

So get over it, it's not changing, enjoy the games rather than focusing on this crap. Enjoy that they run in greater resolutions with more AA and have awesome mouse-aim... even the lamest console port is usually better than the original version.

Basically stop bit#^%ng. Thanks.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 05-12-09, 02:26 PM   #29
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
It's also what poor ones do. It's expensive to optimise for each platform so it's up to us to buy hardware far beyond what *should* be required... ::
Yeah brother thats the way it is exactly. how could they get ppl to bye new stuff without it
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 02:27 PM   #30
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
"Consoles just work" is usally my mantra when I switch to them, which I try to do every couple years. It's certainly their main upside.

I'm not really speaking toward that thouh, I'm just saying we need to accept market realities and quit knocking great games for being developed for consoles as a baseline. The market on PC is just not strong enough to support it being the baseline, and it's actually much easier to "start at the bottom" graphics wise anyway. One of the reasons the PC still sees such robust support despite the bad press, bad sales and piracy is because it's pretty damn easy to port a console game over without much investment. It's not going to change, unless PC sees a resurgance at some point.
I know you weren't saying it... I just had my own agenda. I will always play PC games, but lately I have been shifting WAY more towards consoles because of the fact that they just work better for me. I can deal with a lack of some AA or something, but I just hate to have to fiddle with a bunch of stupid settings just to get a game to work sometimes. Still torn on what I will even buy Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood on because of this... played the first on PC and loved it, but I just might have to get it for PS3 or something because I just feel like relaxing on my couch with a controller in my hand playing it.

Oh well.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 02:29 PM   #31
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I hooked my 360 up again a few days ago and was surprised how much I missed the "sit on the couch and just play something" experience. I wouldn't be surprised if I bounce back to consoles again soon. GTA4: Lost and Damned is calling my name.

I'm seriously bipolar on this crap though.

Old 05-12-09, 02:35 PM   #32
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:

I'm not really speaking toward that thouh, I'm just saying we need to accept market realities and quit knocking great games for being developed for consoles as a baseline. The market on PC is just not strong enough to support it being the baseline, and it's actually much easier to "start at the bottom" graphics wise anyway. One of the reasons the PC still sees such robust support despite the bad press, bad sales and piracy is because it's pretty damn easy to port a console game over without much investment. It's not going to change, unless PC sees a resurgance at some point. Pete Wanat was on a podcast I listen to recently and he basically said they reason there are still PC versions of all these games is because they're basically free to make.

So get over it, it's not changing, enjoy the games rather than focusing on this crap. Enjoy that they run in greater resolutions with more AA and have awesome mouse-aim... even the lamest console port is usually better than the original version.

Basically stop bit#^%ng. Thanks.
+1 and you know how many times I said the same, the consoles can act like a baseline and a pretty high baseline it is. nVidia said so themself mate

Then just scale up so im not complaining if I get proper input support and as it should be proper say graffics options to enable/ disable things and as MrHunt said Bioshock is a great game and let me add the recent Mirrors Edge as yourself said Narsi, it totaly feels like a Pc game

Of course multiplattform is the future, everyone must make a living and as it is know we get almost everygame and thats the beauty of it. say for a couple off years we may not have get all this great fantastic games on the Pc.

And as time goes on the devs learn that do it proper for all plattforms and ppl will be happy and shell out money for the game, console or Pc!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-09, 03:01 PM   #33
de><ta
prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
everytime I hear Hitman, I have nighmares of Timothy Oliphant and that skinny Russian babe getting it on...Yikes
That Olga chick is perky.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote