Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-13-09, 09:02 PM   #1
openmedia

Default Recommendations for a VDPAU capable motherboard with Component Video out

Looking for the perfect motherboard for a new HTPC environment where I want to have the option to run 1080 video over component in addition to HDMI. It has been a long time since I've seen a motherboard with integrated graphics that supported component video - the Asus M2NPV-VM.

Ideally I'm after something from one of the larger companies as some of the smaller vendors are hard to find here in NZ.

The aim is for a mostly integrated matx based solution where I only need to install tuner cards.

Steve
openmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 06:55 AM   #2
waltm

Default Re: Recommendations for a VDPAU capable motherboard with Component Video out

I was looking for the same thing to play through an older 1080i CRT rear projection set. I finally gave up and got a cheap silent pci-e video card that could handle component out. I don't have a tuner so I can't speak about ATSC playback but it seems to work fine for playing back DVDs, 720p and 1080p .mkv files at 1080i.
waltm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 05:24 PM   #3
openmedia

Default Re: Recommendations for a VDPAU capable motherboard with Component Video out

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltm View Post
I was looking for the same thing to play through an older 1080i CRT rear projection set. I finally gave up and got a cheap silent pci-e video card that could handle component out. I don't have a tuner so I can't speak about ATSC playback but it seems to work fine for playing back DVDs, 720p and 1080p .mkv files at 1080i.
Biggest problem with most of the "silent" cards is the size of the heatsink. Also here in NZ I'm only seeing 8xxx series silent cards at present.
openmedia is offline   Reply With Quote