Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-09, 03:21 PM   #25
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Default Re: Dice is funny

You have to admit that console gamers have matured since SNES days. Console gamers adapts very quickly, hell, my young cousin is like, an expert at most games than I am. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I think it's great that developers are starting to treat console gamers as hardcore players and put console games up to par with pc games. That might be considered good news for pc gamers who complained about consolized games.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 03:24 PM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

If anything, in my opinion, analog aiming takes more skill than mouse aiming. Take a hardcore PC-only gamer and make them play an analog FPS and watch them fumble around with it and get killed constantly until they get used to it.

Mouse aim is better, but not more hardcore.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 03:59 PM   #27
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Mouse is a better tool for hardcore fps players to use. It is easier to learn, and has a higher top margin for skilled use. And hardcore players always strive to use everything to max their potential in a game. Which means that if there was a choice, mouse would be better. But there isn't one and they just have to do with what is available.

Why fps gaming on console has taken off, is because analog stick is good enough. And consoles are easy to use, have easy to access multiplayer, much fewer technical issues and a big user base.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 04:19 PM   #28
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
If anything, in my opinion, analog aiming takes more skill than mouse aiming. Take a hardcore PC-only gamer and make them play an analog FPS and watch them fumble around with it and get killed constantly until they get used to it.

Analog aiming isn't difficult, but annoying. Considering the fact that most, if not all, console FPS games use large reticules with sticky aim and no recoil it can't be difficult and it isn't.
Old 05-14-09, 04:24 PM   #29
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
Analog aiming isn't difficult, but annoying. Considering the fact that most, if not all, console FPS games use large reticules with sticky aim and no recoil it can't be difficult and it isn't.
But the challenge is based around the larger reticules and such. People talk about aim-assist like it removes challenge, but this is hardly ever the case. Also, a lot of games are not burdened with those things. Some games allow you to turn aim-assistance off and are very playable for those skilled with analog aiming.

I think it takes a lot more skill to be precise with an analog stick than it does a mouse, is what I am saying.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 05-14-09, 05:25 PM   #30
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
haha, I thought you were going to be serious. I should have known better.
i think you misunderstood my post. i didnt mean the demo would show that u are bad, just that almost everyone your playing with will have no clue. this is especially true where u have larger maps where u have to complete objectives. game modes like onslaught, power struggle, titan, assault etc.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 05:34 PM   #31
MaxFX
*BANNED*

If when the new consoles ever comes out they better have a revolutionary control scheme or else it willl never be as precis and good to aim as the trusty ole mouse, thats a damn fact a gamepad is nowhere near a mouse and everyones knows that

A standard gamepad is only good for platforming/ racing and sports. you can never be as precise in games with free cam as shooters, say otherwise and you are just stoopid!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 05:43 PM   #32
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
A standard gamepad is only good for platforming/ racing and sports. you can never be as precise in games with free cam as shooters, say otherwise and you are just stoopid!
It comes down to whether "precise" is your number one concern or not. The Wii-mote is more precise than a controller but I hate that thing.

Old 05-14-09, 05:46 PM   #33
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
You have to admit that console gamers have matured since SNES days. Console gamers adapts very quickly, hell, my young cousin is like, an expert at most games than I am. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I think it's great that developers are starting to treat console gamers as hardcore players and put console games up to par with pc games. That might be considered good news for pc gamers who complained about consolized games.
So why they making dumbed down games? Talking is cheap.

Hahaha NarcissistZero "Mouse aim is better, but not more hardcore." that's teh fun thing that I heard today
Old 05-14-09, 06:15 PM   #34
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
So why they making dumbed down games? Talking is cheap.

Hahaha NarcissistZero "Mouse aim is better, but not more hardcore." that's teh fun thing that I heard today
Read my post again... they are starting so it takes time for that to happen. Maybe it'll happen in few months or a year. We don't know.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 06:16 PM   #35
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
It comes down to whether "precise" is your number one concern or not. The Wii-mote is more precise than a controller but I hate that thing.
yeah of course and I tend to agree it's a mess playing with the Wii nunchak crap or what it's called LOL

But I just have the Wii for some plattforming but I shouldent have bought it as it's just standing collection dust as every damn console I get.

Sure a gamepad is nice on the couch and I aint to crappy to play an FPS on it eatier as im grown up on the consoles but I hate it for FPS games since I started Pc Gaming as the mouse is the best ever bla bla you know

Thats what I prefere and it wont change I think!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 06:45 PM   #36
glObalist
working as intended

Ummm, lack of new PC games makes PC fanboys post stupid/useless topics again? Whoulda thought.
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote