Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-09, 07:29 PM   #37
dikinher
Grab em!

Default Re: Dice is funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Read my post again... they are starting so it takes time for that to happen. Maybe it'll happen in few months or a year. We don't know.
That is not true. The games are getting more casual friendly as time passes. Microsoft/Sony and many other developers are seeing the numbers that Nintendo rakes in with the Wii. Those are potential sales to be had and they are going to aim for it.
Old 05-14-09, 07:41 PM   #38
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
based on the fact that in every online pc game out there only 1 in 10000 people have a clue of whats going on. when u log onto xbox live the majority of the people know how to play. with pc u have a small handful of people in the world who are extremely good world class players(few hundred), and the rest dont even know what day it is.
This comment definitely belongs in the top 10 for most retarded things ever posted here

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 08:07 PM   #39
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
i think you misunderstood my post. i didnt mean the demo would show that u are bad, just that almost everyone your playing with will have no clue. this is especially true where u have larger maps where u have to complete objectives. game modes like onslaught, power struggle, titan, assault etc.
You must be right. Console gamers are skilled.

Put this game on the PC and I would complete it with my eyes closed and then sell it on ebay.
Old 05-14-09, 08:20 PM   #40
m3dude

lol @ single player, who cares about single player, im talking about human v human in multiplayer. one need only look at wcg events, pc games have the same few players every year because no one else is any good, console games bring much bigger fields of players who are all very good. its not trolling its just reality that console gamers are better at games than pc gamers. i just logged onto unreal 2004 and joined the vrzone ons server with 16 other people on it and not 1 of them knew how to play. that game has only been out for 5 to 6 years and people still havent learned how to play yet.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 08:54 PM   #41
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
lol @ single player, who cares about single player, im talking about human v human in multiplayer. one need only look at wcg events, pc games have the same few players every year because no one else is any good, console games bring much bigger fields of players who are all very good. its not trolling its just reality that console gamers are better at games than pc gamers. i just logged onto unreal 2004 and joined the vrzone ons server with 16 other people on it and not 1 of them knew how to play. that game has only been out for 5 to 6 years and people still havent learned how to play yet.
Multi player isn't even difficult. It is pretty much who ever builds the most warthogs and attacks first, wins.
Old 05-14-09, 09:00 PM   #42
m3dude

beating a human will always be harder than beating ai. unless its a pc gaming human lol
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 09:12 PM   #43
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

If anyone thinks they can provide an argument that analog stick aiming in a fps is any were close to being as viable as mouse aiming, stop now.

There is a reason even the most stupid studios don't allow the pc multiplayer crowd to mingle with the consoles when it comes to shooters.
Old 05-14-09, 09:16 PM   #44
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
If anyone thinks they can provide an argument that analog stick aiming in a fps is any were close to being as viable as mouse aiming, stop now.

There is a reason even the most stupid studios don't allow the pc multiplayer crowd to mingle with the consoles when it comes to shooters.
I'll answer that for m3dude:

"Because the console crowd is more skilled and would embarass the PC crowd."

Old 05-14-09, 10:56 PM   #45
JasonPC

Halo players pwn CS players anyday*

*according to m3dude
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 12:12 AM   #46
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Read my post again... they are starting so it takes time for that to happen. Maybe it'll happen in few months or a year. We don't know.
Come on, they making now BF Heroes ( casual), BF 1943 ( dumbed down too) and BF Bad Company 2 ( still the first one was nothing realistic). Whole community is talking that they went "Casual" also you can read that from journalists. Dice talk is just cheap, they talking one think while making other. I would say you should look at their actions not the words!
Old 05-15-09, 12:37 AM   #47
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The dumbing down of games is due to them getting more and more mainstream... it has nothing to do with consoles, other than consoles selling a ton more copies.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 01:22 AM   #48
sl0ppy_sec0nds
Cloaked engaged

Funny thing is, BF2 sold more copies in its first year than Bad Company on the PS3 and 360 combined.

Intel Core i7 940 @3.6GHz OC|ASUS Rampage II Extreme|CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB|2x WD Caviar SE16 RAID0|GeForce GTX 480|
sl0ppy_sec0nds is offline   Reply With Quote