Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-15-09, 04:43 AM   #49
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Dice is funny

Not really funny. That's because of the PC multiplayer market built on 1942. Console was new territory, expect future BF games to sell well on consoles now.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 07:14 AM   #50
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Not really funny. That's because of the PC multiplayer market built on 1942. Console was new territory, expect future BF games to sell well on consoles now.
Not really. Console gamers were waiting for console BF for years. Not to mention that there was bigger competition on PC multiplayer scene. sl0ppy_sec0nds got right. Narcissist yeah consoles are hardcore and the most hardcore is the one that is most popular called Wii. Come on Narcissist even developers of Deus Ex were talking about consolization of games, open your eyes Dice is making casual games while talking hardcore. Hardcore console "sims" eeee Gran Turismo and Forza, realistic warfare game like ArmA hmmm NONE so maybe some flight sim hmm HAWX, RTS? Civilisation Revolution that is dumbed down or new Halo game. Come on man my point is not to show you that consoles sux or PC is better. My point is that I got enough of this shi* talk from developers that they making hardcore, realistic games while they going more and more casual. Nintendo says true that they want to make casual games and they makes them while there's non stop talk how hardcore PS3 and Xbox 360 games are while developers are thinking how to make game more casual to sell more. Battlefield was never realistic but damn, now it is even lame. But I just hate this Dice talk, everybody knows that they are going to do more casual games, EA we know it's all bout money but they still talking BS that they make hardcore games, they just should stop acting.
Old 05-15-09, 08:02 AM   #51
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I don't know what you just said little kid, but it touched me...it touched my heart
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 02:13 PM   #52
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Still, consoles are the reason why gaming is a mainstream thing now. They're easy to use and cheap.
It's more the easy to use thing than anything else... go to a console forum and talk about Fallout or even Plants Vs. Zombies, no one is playing them, even though any remotely modern computer in the world can play them without an upgrade. They say things like "I hope it comes to XBLA"... even though they could play it now with no problems.

It's also a culture thing... PC gamers are mostly people who started gaming as an adult, and thus are older now, whereas most people who started as kids started with a Nintendo or something similar, and now it's just natural for them to play on consoles. Also, peer pressure is a powerful thing, and in middle schools and high schools across the country kids are talking about Halo, not Crysis. The only reason I myself ever played PC games when all my friends were playing NES and SNES and Genesis was because my mother, of all people, introduced me to adventure games like Sam and Max and Monkey Island.

Anyway, I'm rambling... the point is that consoles made gaming mainstream, and no one can deny that, but the reason games like Deus Ex and Morrowind are being simplified for their sequels has nothing to do with the consoles themselves.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote