Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-15-09, 03:34 PM   #37
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: IGN bashes Microsoft PC game support

Just get disc protection. For 5 bucks EB and will cover your game for 1 year. Even if you snap it in half yourself being a nub console gamer. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 03:47 PM   #38
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

crainger, you missed the point. I don't back-up games.
Old 05-15-09, 03:53 PM   #39
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Yup. Not all, but enough. Enough to disgust me and I actually feel at home with guys who 'console game' mostly. I walk into the local Game and I can hear the PC gamers saying 'That game is ****, just torrent it' (Talking about FEAR2, their "consolised sequel") Where as the console guys were excited about Fallout 3, Fable 2 and just on a whole more fun to talk to. Might seem ghey, but I like to socalise and talking to PC gamers round here is just depressing.

One thing that really makes me sad, small devs like 2D Boy, reported a 90% piracy rate for the PC version of World of Goo. WTF? PC gamers want good games, cheap, when they get it they steal it. Do you know what I do when I can't afford a game... I wait! The game isn't gonna get any worse sitting on the shelf, but it will get cheaper... Grrr, the whole thing just makes me mad, especially when you get the likes of Noriega and Jonelo posting here proving everyone right about PC gamers. I was an exclusive PC gamer for 20 years dammit!

::

K. I'm done... For now ::

EDIT: There is that too bacon, although I notice more and more people refuse to use the detail sliders in games, instead they whine about it being poorly coded, then when the devs remove options, they whine they can't lower the details!
I really hate to say it, but I agree and I've noticed the same thing here.

I know some people who pirate PC games like crazy, and I don't know many other people that play "serious" PC games.

What sucks is, I really do feel that PC games are superior to console games, but it doesn't change the fact that people are slowly sucking the life out of the platform.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 04:18 PM   #40
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
What sucks is, I really do feel that PC games are superior to console games, but it doesn't change the fact that people are slowly sucking the life out of the platform.
Exactly... As Crainger said, talking to console gamers and you see excitement and people having fun with games like FEAR 2 and Fallout 3... talking to PC gamers and you feel guilty for liking games at all.

Not all PC gamers of course, but enough.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 05:19 PM   #41
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Grrr, the whole thing just makes me mad, especially when you get the likes of Noriega and Jonelo posting here proving everyone right about PC gamers.
Isn't that the truth?

Quote:
I was an exclusive PC gamer for 20 years dammit!
My first console was an original Xbox. Prior to that, all PC, all the time, and before that, all Commodore 64.

One thing a lot of PC trouser stains don't seem to comprehend is that it is possible, and indeed enjoyable, to game on multiple platforms. If you're one of the hardcore nutjobs, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't at least try stuff on consoles. Hell, if you can afford to spend $500 on a stupid video card, you should be easily able to afford a PS3 or 360 Arcade. Both of those systems have some great exclusives that are a shame to miss out on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
in cosole world that is called, "i need to backup my game, me scare of scratches"
This makes no sense because I hear this far more often from PC gamers than from those who are more console oriented. Since my parents taught me to take care of my things when I was 7 years old, I've never once had a game or movie disc become unreadable.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 05:23 PM   #42
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
Isn't that the truth?

My first console was an original Xbox. Prior to that, all PC, all the time, and before that, all Commodore 64.

One thing a lot of PC trouser stains don't seem to comprehend is that it is possible, and indeed enjoyable, to game on multiple platforms. If you're one of the hardcore nutjobs, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't at least try stuff on consoles. Hell, if you can afford to spend $500 on a stupid video card, you should be easily able to afford a PS3 or 360 Arcade. Both of those systems have some great exclusives that are a shame to miss out on.

This makes no sense because I hear this far more often from PC gamers than from those who are more console oriented. Since my parents taught me to take care of my things when I was 7 years old, I've never once had a game or movie disc become unreadable.
Agreed on all points. I game on all platforms... whatever platform has a game that I am interested in, I will play. I have no blind loyalty to a certain system when it comes to games. If it looks fun, I will get it and play it.

And agreed on the "backing up your games" thing... lamest excuse I have ever heard.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 05:43 PM   #43
Dreamweavernoob
Desperate code

As a result of this thread, I have purchased an Xbox (not 360 ). Got it for £20 with 10 games and 4 controllers.

Time to give consoles a try
Old 05-15-09, 06:34 PM   #44
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
while another product offers a closed system you control, sells a ton of software, gives you royalties on every copy sold and is harder to pirate software for.
And leaks billions of dollars like a sieve... MS's pc game studios have always treated them well, keep in mind they closed ensemble, which created their second biggest franchise.

MS's first party support is practically none existent these days.
Sony has a solid first party, but sony has to fight tooth and nail to get it's games to sell. I can't see it being too long before they start shutting studios down.
Nintendo sells wiifit and mario, and doesn't give a ****.

The only reason i use the windows platform and upgrade my hardware is the games, no games...what's the point?
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-09, 07:21 PM   #45
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
MS's first party support is practically none existent these days.
Uh, MS first-party games are huge sellers and media spotlights. WTF are you talking about?

As for gaming and windows, I'm sure the death of PC gaming would hurt windows a bit, and have said so before, but there is a lot more to windows dominance than games.*

*And even the death of PC gaming as we know it in no way means the death of things like Popcap, Gamefly, web games, game development on PCs and MMOs.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 05-15-09, 07:41 PM   #46
fizzelopeguss

Lionhead and rare are first party, rare's games haven't been huge sellers for a long time. Bungie is no longer owned by MS, epic is second party. I don't know what the f*ck silicon knights are. Bioware were bought by EA, bizarre creations are now run by activision and iirc they didn't tie down the crackdown developers.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 07:46 PM   #47
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Exactly... As Crainger said, talking to console gamers and you see excitement and people having fun with games like FEAR 2 and Fallout 3... talking to PC gamers and you feel guilty for liking games at all.

Not all PC gamers of course, but enough.
But don't pc gamers have the rights as a consumer to be mad about getting a half ass port? I guarantee if console players were getting mostly crap PC ports the atmosphere would be exactly the opposite.

Devs now have an attitude that PC gamers should be grateful they still make games for the platform. I don't buy that crap for one second, and they were not making money off the PC they would have stopped making the games long ago.

I bought fallout 3 and liked it, I played the FEAR 2 demo and knew immediately I would never buy it unless I found it for less than $20. Why because it is a hack console port, and it showed within the first seconds. It is an udder disgrace compared to the original fear.

This guy is done wasting $50 on an over hyped POS that runs perfectly on a console. Not so much on the PC.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 08:10 PM   #48
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
Lionhead and rare are first party, rare's games haven't been huge sellers for a long time. Bungie is no longer owned by MS, epic is second party. I don't know what the f*ck silicon knights are. Bioware were bought by EA, bizarre creations are now run by activision and iirc they didn't tie down the crackdown developers.
Well, specific studio status aside, I was more looking at games from "Microsoft Game Studios" and most of them are huge sellers and the pinnacle of the industry. Gears and Gears 2, Halo 3 and ODST, Mass Effect, PGR3 and 4, Forza 3 and 4, Fable 2, etc..