Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-17-09, 07:16 AM   #61
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Default Re: IGN bashes Microsoft PC game support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
Halleluja!

You are totally missing the point. It is not about PC gaming is fine or not. It is only about the fact that Microsoft do not believe in their own product.
You're missing the point. It have nothing to do with belives. MS know that they will not make big money from gaming OS, gamers will buy their new Windows either way ( look at Vista it was worse for games than XP but people bought it for other reasons). So they know that they can leach more money from console gamers and supporting PC as a gaming platform can only hurt their console buisness. The point is that they getting cash from PC gamers only when gamers buys a new OS while on console they gets money from every game that console gamers buys. So honestly consoles are just better machine to rape gamers pockets and supporting PC gaming is only an threat for their rapingconsolegamers business machine.
Old 05-17-09, 08:27 AM   #62
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
You're missing the point. It have nothing to do with belives. MS know that they will not make big money from gaming OS
First of all, the reply to Phyxion was correct. He missed the point, as he thought it was another "doom of PC gaming" topic which it wasn't. And you reply to that saying I missed the point? I think you failed a bit there.

The rest of your post is fine though, because it discusses the topic and has some good points.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that Microsoft first of all pulled all gamers into a locked system with DirectX and Windows. Then they fire all their PC studios while pumping insane money into a only moderately successful console studio (they are keeping it probably because no one else wants to do kids games for their system?). They also fire people that worked on Games for Windows. Basically Microsoft do not want to push that part any more, because they feel they cant earn any money there.

That leaves us with a company that basically don't give a crap about PC games, while still having all PC gamers locked into their Windows and their DirectX.

Give me the option to play games on Linux and I will throw Windows out, thanks. I don't want to be forced to pay money to a corp who don't believe in PC gaming.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 01:00 PM   #63
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
The biggest issue I think is that PC hardware advances so fast, and a top of the line graphics card alone costs more than the most expensive console.

There was a time when pc's shipped with specs that would run most any game nicely. That is no longer the case.
Actually I think that PC gaming is cheaper than ever.

There once was a time when you needed a high end $400 Voodoo card just to run Quake II at 50FPS at 800x600 16bit color with no AA/AF! There were no cheaper cards that would give you this experience, you had to shell out for a Voodoo.

Nowadays a $120 GTS 250 can run almost every game at high resolution with a low level of AA/AF.
Old 05-17-09, 01:51 PM   #64
bacon12

That is true but most people don't take home a brand new PC with that capability which was my point.

If most consumer desktops would ship with at least the same graphic capabilities as a console it would be different.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 02:12 PM   #65
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post

There once was a time when you needed a high end $400 Voodoo card just to run Quake II at 50FPS at 800x600 16bit color with no AA/AF! There were no cheaper cards that would give you this experience, you had to shell out for a Voodoo.

Nowadays a $120 GTS 250 can run almost every game at high resolution with a low level of AA/AF.
Keep in mind though that back then, console gamers were playing in software mode. The 3D accelerators with their hardware rendering were above and beyond anything we've ever seen.

Jaggies weren't an issue or AF... and most consoles were running at 320x240. So a 800x600 was a really high res back then
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 02:43 PM   #66
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post

1+ so very very true
So this BS how expensive Pc gaming is. well its just that BS as its cheaper then ever.
A good CPU and RAM is cheap to, but I guess people are cheap and expecting to get it all for free
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 03:12 PM   #67
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Price is really, really not the issue. I don't know why people focus on it. When console-only gamers say PC gaming is too expensive, they just mean it's not worth the money for them to play around with it, as they have no real substantial interest in it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 03:37 PM   #68
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Okey I havent read this thread so it may be as you said and then sure, why splash out cash if it dont give you what you want!

For me it's the opposite, I splash out cash for new consoles and then it's just standing there collecting dust hehe. I guess I never learn
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote