Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-20-09, 04:52 PM   #13
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Re: Terminator Salavation - DVD retail bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I'm happy with no physical media for my music, and I wish I didn't need it for movies, but... games I kind of like packaging. I guess because it's my main hobby I like having a shelf of them and such.

Sometimes I snap out of that silly mindset and go through a digital period... I'm pretty divided.
Agreed, I think for me it's the box art of certain games that is the deal maker. It's just not the same in that respect with DD.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 06:53 PM   #14
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i like physical media for everything. CD usually cost a lot less the actually downloading full album. Plus you get both CD and then rip it to mp3 player.
Old 05-20-09, 06:53 PM   #15
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58712

Unfortunately a defect occurred during replication of the PC version of Terminator Salvation, which does not allow end users to install the game. The Xbox 360 and PS3 are not affected and function properly. We have recalled all PC copies of Terminator Salvation from retail in North America and are currently in the process of replicating new copies. The new copies will be on store shelves in a few days. A replacement plan for all end users that purchased the defective units is currently being set up. Details to get a replacement copy will be announced shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused the end users that purchased the defective copy.
Old 05-20-09, 08:12 PM   #16
K-1

Oh wow, what a disaster. I doubt they were going to get many sales for the PC DVD version in the first place, but now this... they're going to take some serious losses.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 08:19 PM   #17
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I'm happy with no physical media for my music, and I wish I didn't need it for movies, but... games I kind of like packaging. I guess because it's my main hobby I like having a shelf of them and such.

Sometimes I snap out of that silly mindset and go through a digital period... I'm pretty divided.
I would go completely digital with all my games if it weren't for Comcrap's bandwidth cap, regardless of cost. Though it is nice to strike a great deal on games that end up in Target's clearance bin. 007: Quantum of Solace is $19.99 on Steam, but I've seen it at Target for $3.47. I bought mine when it was $7.48 and thought it was a deal. That's retail's main advantage, aside from not having to download as much.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 09:17 PM   #18
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
I would go completely digital with all my games if it weren't for Comcrap's bandwidth cap, regardless of cost. Though it is nice to strike a great deal on games that end up in Target's clearance bin. 007: Quantum of Solace is $19.99 on Steam, but I've seen it at Target for $3.47. I bought mine when it was $7.48 and thought it was a deal. That's retail's main advantage, aside from not having to download as much.
I just grabbed QoS @ Target for $7.48. But wtf is up with the 30 FPS cap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote