Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-09, 02:28 PM   #49
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: TF2 - The Sniper Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
This is the dumbest update ever. I have been playing constantly and I finally got my first unlock. The Axetinguisher or whatever that crappy axe is called... and of course it was something I already had, just like I had assumed it would be.

GG Valve.
I have stopped playing for now.

It's just STUPID going into a TEAM Fortress server and trying to complete objectives with 7 snipers and 6 spies. No engineers, medics or pyros or heavies to assist.

Valve should never have dropped 2 updates together. They KNOW that all the teams get unbalanced everytime there is an update like this. The spy is definitely the most overpowered class now while others like the soldiers and demos are being crippled further.

Meh, just not very impressed at the moment. Maybe if they actually bothered to fix the facestab and left it fixed instead of diddling with it every other weak and making it worse and worse.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 02:52 PM   #50
bacon12

Sazar the only one of our server without class limits is the arena. If you wanna play on a decent one add me as a friend. I am in the NVN group under swerver.

@ Capt they just are just randomly found by a random player. Usually two people find something each map. It really sucks.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 04:07 PM   #51
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Sazar the only one of our server without class limits is the arena. If you wanna play on a decent one add me as a friend. I am in the NVN group under swerver.

@ Capt they just are just randomly found by a random player. Usually two people find something each map. It really sucks.
Whats your steamid for friends?
Old 05-23-09, 04:15 PM   #52
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Was playing with a friend last night and he got TWO huntsman bows within about 20 minutes... I still have nothing. I seriously hate this system. The achievement milestone system had its flaws, but at least it wasn't freaking based on luck.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 04:30 PM   #53
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Was playing with a friend last night and he got TWO huntsman bows within about 20 minutes... I still have nothing. I seriously hate this system. The achievement milestone system had its flaws, but at least it wasn't freaking based on luck.
What the? He got 2 bows?

Old 05-23-09, 05:36 PM   #54
ChaoticNick
o hai

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
When you guys say "dropping" what do you mean?

Are people dropping weapons randomly so that you can pick them up? Or do you just get a message that a weapon has been given to you?
Just a message saying you "found" a weapon, and it happens completely randomly. Hell, you could sit idle in a server for hours and "find" unlocks.

Digg | Steam | Xfire
ChaoticNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 06:27 PM   #55
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
What the? He got 2 bows?

Actually it gets dumber. I was playing with him more just now and he got a third bow. I am still sitting here with my thumb up my anus waiting to get just one new weapon.

And also, just before I quit playing today I saw a spectator get the Cloak and Dagger... that is awesome since I have been playing on that same server for hours but get nothing.

Oh and I also love that I own the game, but people who are just on the free trial are getting more stuff than me. This system is WAY worse than that milestone system.
Old 05-23-09, 06:27 PM   #56
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The only way unlocks make sense in a game like this is if you earn them through XP, which you gain from kills and wins, like in Call of Duty.

If they aren't going to institute an XP/level system, they should just have you pick your loadout at the start without any unlock silliness.

That said, I don't really play this game, and thus shouldn't even have an opinion.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-09, 07:27 PM   #57
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I don't really get it, obviously this is meant to appeal to new players or something but I don't think the system is very good. Something like COD 4 like NarcissistZero says is damn sight better than this crap, sure you need to play a bit to get unlocks but it's fair, consistent and I don't really notice achievement farming in COD 4, achievement farming use to pop up every new achievement unlock pack. now they stopped that they make IDLE servers for people to just sit and get unlocks. Valve have not succeeded -1 points.

Oh yeah and playing with 6 snipers is so dumb.
Old 05-23-09, 07:57 PM   #58
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Agreed... the COD4/W@W unlock system would be better than what we have had in the past, but the milestone system was better than this new random drop crap, because at least you had to play and you could actually earn them. As it is now, you don't earn them, you just get them for doing nothing except being on a server. Not even playing in it.
Old 05-23-09, 09:27 PM   #59
mojoman0

I think it should be like BF2142 where the more points you accumulate in a server the more points you can use for temporary unlocks while you are still in the server. Then if you unlock through the achievement system you get to keep that unlock.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 10:13 PM   #60
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

The achievements initially started off as a good plan. But the last couple of them have been a little unbalanced and now we have to wait till they balance it all over again

However, because I still love TF2, I will start playing again once the farming is done

Unfortunately, I'll lose my spot in the server ranking