Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-24-03, 06:46 AM   #37
Slappi
Fanboy to the 576mm2 Pwr

Default Re: HL2 in Feb 2004? Something is wrong here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Slappi
A day later after all this BS and they delay it?!? Things that make you go Hmmmmmm. I wonder if they did that BS yesterday to appease ATI who sunk money into Valve to bundle their card (RV360) with the game in October. Now it looks like it will be bundled with the R420...... nice timing!

Looks like nVidia will have it's nV40 out around then. This is weird! Something tells me that we, the consumer, are being pulled around through the mud by ATI, Valve and nVidia.

I told you guys it was all BS by valve and ATI about appeasing ATI's investment. See these guys led us around by the noses also. You think it is just nV that does stuff like this for the money only. It's all about business. They knew damn well it would be delayed and LIED!

Hypocrites!!!!! Right after they say that nV isn't being honest! WTF?
Slappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 07:39 AM   #38
Vash
Angel Arms

Reign it in that indignation, Slick. It ain't becomin'.

Release dates are guesses, not promises. They've run into some problems and the game's gonna have to be pushed back. Happens quite a bit, actually.

Relax. Play some Halo and HL2 will come out when it's done.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 08:06 AM   #39
Slappi
Fanboy to the 576mm2 Pwr

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Reign it in that indignation, Slick. It ain't becomin'.

Release dates are guesses, not promises. They've run into some problems and the game's gonna have to be pushed back. Happens quite a bit, actually.

Relax. Play some Halo and HL2 will come out when it's done.
Look Gabe just told everyone and their mom numerous times last week that HL2 WOULD DEFINITELY BE RELEASED ON THE 30TH. All game stores had the delay EVERY DAMN ONE. He knew.... the kicker was he just got done tearing nV up one side and down the other about dishonest drivers.

Last edited by Slappi; 09-24-03 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-24-03, 08:13 AM   #40
The Baron

Slappi. Tone it down, mkay?
Old 09-24-03, 08:25 AM   #41
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Slappi
Look that fatass Gabe just told everyone and their mom numerous times last week that HL2 WOULD DEFINITELY BE RELEASED ON THE 30TH. All game stores had the delay EVERY DAMN ONE. He knew.... the kicker was he just got done tearing nV up one side and down the other about dishonest drivers.
Slappi, this is still just a rumor....please don't get nasty 'til the 30th comes and if HL2 ain't available you can go as ballistic as ya want.

I believe it's coming on the 30th, period.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 08:37 AM   #42
Vash
Angel Arms

Spitcodfry from the HL2.net forums wrangled himself a tour of Valve about a week or so ago and asked Gabe hisself about the 30th. Gabe's answer?

Quote:
We'll see.

If you want the linkage, I can do that. But the fact remains that Doug Lombardi has been the one saying that they're on track for the 30th recently. There was one report of Coomer (can't remember first name) saying that they were on track for the 30th, but Gabe's been quiet about it - probably because that was the company policy and Gabe would land himself in some serious trouble is he said otherwise.

So chill. It's not like you're not going to be the first one in line for their preorder, anyway - and then you'll hope that everyone forgets the personal insults you've posted when you start praising the game to high heaven.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 09:06 AM   #43
Slappi
Fanboy to the 576mm2 Pwr

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Slappi. Tone it down, mkay?

Sorry.... edited
Old 09-24-03, 09:35 AM   #44
rth

omg slappi I can't believe you're trying to compare valve maybe missing their release date (which if true probably has a lot to do with the FX's being so sh!t at DX9) with nvidia's attempts to decieve customers and cover up their sh!t DX9 performance.

it doesn't make them equally bad, it just makes nvidia even worse.

Old 09-24-03, 10:56 AM   #45
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
So chill. It's not like you're not going to be the first one in line for their preorder
Heh, heh, heh....speak for yourself.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-03, 11:10 AM   #46
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

A little bird told me that Best buy gets about a shipment in a week.

Anyways i asked him about Halo, since it is being released on setember 30th, he told me that they will get it in friday, sit in crates in the back, then eventually night crew will stock it Monday night.

I asked him if its possible that they got a diffrent shipment from UPS just carrying HL2 he said its possible, but highly unlikely.

So the moral of the story, if most shops dont have it by friday, its probly not gonna be out : \
Old 09-24-03, 12:10 PM   #47
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

I also have a news worth update.

Anyways, i belive some joker has been spoofing E-mails from Valve saying "its delay, its not delayed" etc.

Witch makes sence, why would Gabe Newell or Douge Lombardi really email anyone, they are not important enough for their time.
Old 09-24-03, 12:36 PM   #48
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Well in the UK, www.gameplay.com has moved the release date to the 25th November
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote