Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-09, 04:39 PM   #13
|MaguS|

Default Re: PC gaming hardware sales better than consoles

And that is why no one cares what you say... You can't actually converse with anyone regarding this topic without acting like a tool. Grow up alittle...

Seriously, Why post a topic and then start insulting someone when they say something that you don't agree with or argue with them without an actually reasoning to back you up. You post a topic and then start spouting "**** YOU!" or " TROLL! Read what I posted" when I clearly did and clearly did not agree with what you psoted but insted of countering my arguement you go off like a Tourette's suffering 10 year old.

Old 05-28-09, 04:45 PM   #14
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
You fu*** troll did you ever red what I post here?

Obviosly the duchebag dident, when did he ever listening to others then himself.
The dude's an idiot and never say anything possitive to anyone EVER!
Well hes a RETARD so what can one expect!

The world are full of idiots that thinks im the greatest ever, well small mind think small and only lives for one thing and we all know what he lives for.
TROLL get out of here and get a life Magus, NO one likes you and I surely think that everyone at your work things the same!
Old 05-28-09, 05:14 PM   #15
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Activisions Net Revenue for 2008 was almost double that of 2007... yeah im sure their hurting...
activision aquired blizzard at the end of 07.

Quote:
If nextgen consoles were losing developers and publishers so much money they wouldn't support the platforms but their doing the opposite, they are increasing their support... Grow a brain...
they don't have a choice, the tech and expertise that they've sunk into 360/PS3 development is worthless on the wii.

Quote:
Oh and another about Crytek... Their next game is going console... that says alot of where they see their own future. So don't pretend that they are PC's Golden Knight.
lol, it was you who brought up crysis in your troll post. You were implying that crysis sold poorly (with 1 month sales figures, versus halo3's LTD?) when infact the game has allowed crytek to expand quite rapidly. I also find it unlikely that Sony and MS will be bundling crysis 2 with their consoles the way GPU manufacturers have with cryteks past games.

It'd be a shame if crytek neglects a market that has been very good to them over the years to search for a quick console buck that may or may not be there for them.

Quote:
The PC Market is bigger then the Console Market.
Yup, so what was all the trolling for then?
Old 05-28-09, 05:15 PM   #16
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
More computers in the world then the entire lifespan of console gaming... what did you expect? They are comparing general computer hardware aswell as PC Gaming hardware vs just console....

Now lets look at sales figures for actual software... 1 Million Crysis sold vs 8 million Halo 3's...

PC Gaming isn't dying, but rather losing primary focus from developers due to them migrating where the money is at.
I don't get why people always bring Crysis into the equation when comparing the number of sales between systems - half-life 2 would be a much more logical choice(at least when comparing a PC game to well-known titles such as Halo3). Crytek also aren't switching to consoles exclusively - they're just branching out to get more fruits from their labor just like Valve did with the orange box.

I bet that the PC version of the next Crysis is still going to sell the best even though the game is going to be available on all platforms.
Old 05-28-09, 05:26 PM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
Yup, so what was all the trolling for then?
All I said was that it was not a fair comparison when you bring hardware into it. It's alot better comparing software.

Toss3, HL2 was released on multiple platforms. I brought up Crysis since its the most recent big AAA PC Exclusive... I guess we can mention Killzone 2 or Metal Gear Solid 5 which also outsold it (and they was on a platform with alot smaller reach).

Old 05-28-09, 05:52 PM   #18
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
All I said was that it was not a fair comparison when you bring hardware into it. It's alot better comparing software.

Toss3, HL2 was released on multiple platforms. I brought up Crysis since its the most recent big AAA PC Exclusive... I guess we can mention Killzone 2 or Metal Gear Solid 5 which also outsold it (and they was on a platform with alot smaller reach).
I know Half-Life 2 was released on multiple platforms, but still it is one of the best selling pc-games ever(easily outselling most of the console exclusives). An MGs 4 to crysis comparison is almost as flawed as one comparing it to Halo3 - comparing Crysis to Killzone 2 on the other hand is much more on the money, but still flawed as Killzone 2 was playable on all consoles while crysis wasn't playable on almost any PC. Do you think Killzone 2 would have sold as many copies as it did if it contained a bug that made it unplayable on most PS3s?

My point was just that there is a lot of money to be made in the PC games industry and the few quality titles we have gotten prove it. Multiplatform is still the best way for a developer to get the most out of their titles though.
Old 05-28-09, 06:12 PM   #19
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
I know Half-Life 2 was released on multiple platforms, but still it is one of the best selling pc-games ever(easily outselling most of the console exclusives). An MGs 4 to crysis comparison is almost as flawed as one comparing it to Halo3 - comparing Crysis to Killzone 2 on the other hand is much more on the money, but still flawed as Killzone 2 was playable on all consoles while crysis wasn't playable on almost any PC. Do you think Killzone 2 would have sold as many copies as it did if it contained a bug that made it unplayable on most PS3s?
Your argument makes no sense. How is it more valid to compare Crysis to Killzone 2 rather than to Halo 3?
Old 05-28-09, 06:15 PM   #20
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Do you think Killzone 2 would have sold as many copies as it did if it contained a bug that made it unplayable on most PS3s?

My point was just that there is a lot of money to be made in the PC games industry and the few quality titles we have gotten prove it. Multiplatform is still the best way for a developer to get the most out of their titles though.
So because a developer made a game for the smallest majority it cant be compared to another game of the same genre? Sorry, Crytek made the excuse that a $500 PC can play Crysis...

But that is the problem with PC Gaming is that it went from any PC owner can play PC Games to only the ones who buy a PC Specifically for Gaming are able to play games. That is what is hurting the PC Industry and why developers know they must go console aswell to be successful. PC Gaming is becoming to narrow now thanks to all the cheap POS Computers on the market. Once Nvidia, Intel and ATI create a low end PC GPU that can play all current gen games at a reasonable setting then you will see PC Gaming rise to the glory it use to be, as it stands now it is the second thought of most developers because as they see it then can make alot more money on consoles.

Old 05-28-09, 06:40 PM   #21
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
Your argument makes no sense. How is it more valid to compare Crysis to Killzone 2 rather than to Halo 3?
Well for one Halo is the one of the largest gamefranchises in the world while Crysis was an unknown title to most people. Killzone 2 and Crysis on the other hand have much more in common; they both sold on the same premises that they both offered the best graphics on each platform.

I can't see how people can't see the differences between the two - it's like comparing a Ferrari to a VW Beetle for crying out loud(crysis here being the Ferrari).
Closed Thread