Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-11-09, 02:21 PM   #13
Hex
Oh smeg...

Default Re: Do you hate EQ2?

I loved the game while I played, just got tired of the same old same old (which is in every mmo but for some reason it felt more so in EQ2).
I even switched to a pvp server to try and spark an interest again but could not maintain the will to keep logging in.
Moved to LotRo and have not looked back since.
Old 03-11-09, 02:48 PM   #14
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

couldnt stand the character designs and poor engine performance, I really tried to like it but couldnt get into it, found it very dull and barren, I tried it again 2yrs later and still couldnt get into it, WoW had spoiled me. I loved EQ1 and really wanted to like EQ2 but just didnt happen.

on another note, im tired of WoW, I quit after getting my death knight to 72, the game just isnt fun for me without friends im useto playing with, even though the quests are better in new expansion its just more of the same and got boring quick.

WTB new refreshing mmo, PST!
Old 04-19-09, 08:40 AM   #15
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

I used to love this game, but i quit after the first expansion came.

Today im activating my account again to give it a spin once more.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 10:25 AM   #16
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I played on and off for the first 6 months of it's release. I liked it a lot but it just ran like complete ass. Plus it was missing PVP which I came to like(via wow) while playing mmos(wow and eq2 being the first two I ever played).

In all honesty though I think i'm done with mmo's. Just too much of a time sink.
Old 04-24-09, 07:37 AM   #17
Reliquary

There are full-on, and really quite vicious, PVP servers for EQ2.

Welcome back EciDemon. Don't let the frogloks bite!
Reliquary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-09, 08:06 AM   #18
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliquary View Post
There are full-on, and really quite vicious, PVP servers for EQ2.

Welcome back EciDemon. Don't let the frogloks bite!
Why thank you!

I must say im enjoying this more then i thought i would!

The game has changed and become more easy and I guess we have WoW to blame for that. Lvling is so fast, but its still fun when i lock the exp so i can enjoy the zones to the fullest

I went back to my old server and have met some of my old friends there again so it's been all good
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09, 08:38 AM   #19
Atomizer

I hated EQ2 at launch, but unlike EQ1, it actually started getting better as time went on, biggest noticable change for me was the removal of the "YOU MUST START IN THE SAME DAMN PLACE WITH EVERYONE ELSE, THEN MOVE INTO 1 OF 2 CITIES, RAWR!", now thankfully they have several starting locations, and other cities to enjoy a bit of variety, also, the quests in Kunark were brilliant, especially the luring lizards into maneater plants and collecting their remains, or the "chokemon" quest, gotta catch em all, and all that(btw there is only 1 chokemon...congratulations you've caught them all!)
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 09:08 AM   #20
ChrisRay

Considering how many MMORPGS there are out these days. EQ 2 really is one of the better ones. And it's engine has improved some. Its certainly not the best but its above AVG compared to alot of other games in its market.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote